Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downtime next week [Apple content] - iPad 3/HD day today!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Depends what you need the device for.

internet, a little bit of business, emails. I dont watch tv, films etc through the internet.I like the fact its small, portable etc

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
internet, a little bit of business, emails. I dont watch tv, films etc through the internet.I like the fact its small, portable etc

iPad is all you need, then.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The only thing that I cant get my head around is when I send prices and invoices out through the post and have to print them out. Its getting it to the printer. I know F all about wireless printers and what would suit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I'd say go for the iPad then if it is merely for surfing and checking mails.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Er, what? A micro SD card would be a joy to me on my iPad, what the f*** do I want to piss about with a bluetooth card reader that I'd have to remember to keep with me, and remember to charge up, I just want an extra load of storage for movies and music, on board, on my iPad, is that so much to ask? It would hardly impact in the slightest as to the dimensions of an ipad2. I Didn't ask for USB ports either,there is a port on my iPad, on the bottom, plugs in lovely to my computer (iMac). the new iPad is rumoured to be thicker than The current one, any idea why would that be? As an owner of the original iPad, and the iPad 2, 2 incarnations of the iMac, as well as several ipods and an iPhone, you are speaking to a convert, but one who thinks apple have it wrong for not including removable storage on the iPad.

New screen needs the new depth I think. I don't remember there being card slots on any apple devices, even back in 2000 original iPods etc. have never used them. There are adapters available that plug straight into your dock CAMERA CONNECTION KIT, and work arounds to use them as storage TidBITS iPhone iPad iPod: Increase Your iPad Media Storage for Just $49. It's a mobile interface at the end of the day, I've never seen mine as something I can store lots on, and not needed to, especially not with iCloud and iTunes Match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only thing that I cant get my head around is when I send prices and invoices out through the post and have to print them out. Its getting it to the printer. I know F all about wireless printers and what would suit.

You could start here. AIRPRINT.

At the moment, you would most likely need to use mainly Apple apps for office work, and Pages would be your best bet for word processing from an iPad which is compatible with MS Office.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You could start here. AIRPRINT.

At the moment, you would most likely need to use mainly Apple apps for office work, and Pages would be your best bet for word processing from an iPad which is compatible with MS Office.

It is rumoured that MS may be up on stage with Apple next week unveiling Office for iPad.

This could be a good addition for those who want to do a lot of typing on their iPads: TouchFire: The Screen-Top Keyboard for iPad

This sort of stuff always makes me think of what happened when some bloke in the middle east invented writing. The ancient Egyptians were managing perfectly well with hieroglyphics, their history was being recorded and science was ticking along nicely. Then someone came along and suggested that everything would be much better if people spoke and wrote Greek.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Er, what? A micro SD card would be a joy to me on my iPad, what the f*** do I want to piss about with a bluetooth card reader that I'd have to remember to keep with me, and remember to charge up, I just want an extra load of storage for movies and music, on board, on my iPad, is that so much to ask? It would hardly impact in the slightest as to the dimensions of an ipad2. I Didn't ask for USB ports either,there is a port on my iPad, on the bottom, plugs in lovely to my computer (iMac). the new iPad is rumoured to be thicker than The current one, any idea why would that be? As an owner of the original iPad, and the iPad 2, 2 incarnations of the iMac, as well as several ipods and an iPhone, you are speaking to a convert, but one who thinks apple have it wrong for not including removable storage on the iPad.

My point exactly

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Are you new here?

It's only fair to allow NSCers to be able to fully focus on Apple's new baby. I wouldn't want NSC being a distraction, so best just to take it offline for an hour or two.

No, no, you don't have to thank me.

I love this time of year! More NSC-outrage over this than virtually anything else in football-land!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
willy-wonka-380x253.jpg

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I'm actually on holiday next week and I don't want to miss anything on NSC, so any chance of shutting it down for the whole week?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It is rumoured that MS may be up on stage with Apple next week unveiling Office for iPad.

This could be a good addition for those who want to do a lot of typing on their iPads: TouchFire: The Screen-Top Keyboard for iPad

f***

that is exactly what i need for my ipad, typing lecture notes on it was such a bitch i gave up and just used my laptop (which is heavy as shit and i'd rather not carry it around) this is genius.

Close down NSC when most of the non-twats are doing something beneficial, i.e going to the Amex and watching a game of football versus Cardiff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here