Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downtime next week [Apple content] - iPad 3/HD day today!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
......Apple today sent out invitations for a media event scheduled for next week Wednesday, March 7......

Didn't someone tell them there was a game on over here and we may have to make a critical decision about where to focus our attention?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Couldnt give a toss, i'll be eating my steak and ale pie and washing it down with a Kronenborg in the WSU before we hammer the sheep shaggers:drink:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I agree it should be shut the night before to allow NSC'rs to get a good night sleep ahead of the BIG annoucement.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Having been totally PC pretty much anti mac. Since the new year I have gone Mac Book Pro got an I pad. My wife already has a Mac Book and I Mac and we both have I phones.

What sold me was I always thought the spec was bad for the money but they actually design things properly so where my PC needs loads of memory to work a mac does not. Also it's possible to run everything on Macs now when previously it was crap, you never look back...

In honour of this ingenious company come on Bozza let's rename the site, North stand Mac.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Once you go Mac you never go back - I'm totally with Bozza on this one!

Once you go Mac....... you stop your life when they want you to for an announcement you can easily find out at a later time?

The only time I will ever stop for an announcement it will be broadcast across every TV channel in the world bringing news of the impending end of the world. Then I shall be on the look out for the nearest woman I can find. Which may displease my girlfriend

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Once you go Mac....... you stop your life when they want you to for an announcement you can easily find out at a later time?

The only time I will ever stop for an announcement it will be broadcast across every TV channel in the world bringing news of the impending end of the world. Then I shall be on the look out for the nearest woman I can find. Which may displease my girlfriend

Sorry I don't understand, not sure what Mac being superior to any Microsoft windows computer has to do with stopping my life, just the opposite in fact!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Sorry I don't understand, not sure what Mac being superior to any Microsoft windows computer has to do with stopping my life, just the opposite in fact!

the thread is about closing NSC for the announcement to ensure as many people are watching and it gets maximum publicity.

Not slating Apple fans, just saying I won't be watching.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Excellent decision. Is it worth bringing the site down 12 hours either side of the announcement? Belt & braces and all that?

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
the thread is about closing NSC for the announcement to ensure as many people are watching and it gets maximum publicity.

Sorry, now I understand where you are going, I just thought it was another of those threads which seem to move in mysterious directions.

Not putting my life on hold just NSC. I am sure I will find something else to do!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
apple-mocking.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nor me as I'll be sitting at the Amex enjoying the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent decision. Is it worth bringing the site down 12 hours either side of the announcement? Belt & braces and all that?

Sounds eminently sensible.

(For those worried about the small matter of the football - the announcement starts at 6pm and will be over well before kick-off)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here