Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Caveman said:
Out of (must state very little) interest how many were penalties Mr Scum-stato Man ?

I make it 17 out of 82. Before last season Freedman took our penalties, as you may remember from a certain game between our two clubs.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Dougal said:
Palace tinted glasses

bleat , bleat , bleat

get a grip

Hark now hear the Brighton sing the palace run away (again)

1 - 0 at home against a your poor rivals , hilarious , outsung and out played , must still hurt a bit

At least you can cling to that memory for another 15 seasons until we play you again! Well done a 1-0 win against your big rivals and relegation to League 1. You have had a blinder ???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
eagles #1 said:
Yes. How many goals has Owen got for England using his pace? (when he was fast, seems to have lost abit recently)

Bearing in mind Owen has something like a goal every other game for England, it is hard to levy too much criticism at him. I agree his main strength is his pace and getting on the shoulder of the last defender, but other aspects of his game, such as his movement have improved so much, particualy whilst Sven has been incharge.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
We are more than capable of giving credit were it is DUE! He wont go to the wrold cup he isnt good enough to play and score regular for England end of story!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
We are more than capable of giving credit were it is DUE! He wont go to the wrold cup he isnt good enough to play and score regular for England end of story!

In fairness if he was still in the top flight, I think he would be in contention, as much as anything as he is no worse than Bent or Defoe. The pressure Jordan put on him to stay has possibly cost him.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dougal said:
Palace tinted glasses

bleat , bleat , bleat

get a grip

Hark now hear the Brighton sing the palace run away (again)

1 - 0 at home against a your poor rivals , hilarious , outsung and out played , must still hurt a bit
Sake... Please go and win something else so you don`t have to hold onto this much longer like a new born baby to a blanky...

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

oh you are back Mattew how was Maths today? That isnt the argument though fella is it, i or no other Palace fan has stated he should go to the World Cup, the debate is that with his goalscoring record which i will repeat is 82 in 150 games, he deserves another crack on the international stage. Then we will see if he is up to it, your or my opinion doesn't count for much until/if he gets that opportunity now does it?

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
We are more than capable of giving credit were it is DUE!

It seems only Uncle Buck is. From what I can gather he follows England a lot more closely than you.

He wont go to the wrold cup he isnt good enough to play and score regular for England end of story!

We aren't saying he will go but, my point still stands that you would have said the same about Ian Wright, as you do about AJ, 15 years ago.

Wrighty was never prolific for England but he was good for the squad.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
What do you know about AJ. As mentioned earlier in this thread by AJLM AJ has only been given a fraction of a chance and played out of position. Keep the negative views on simmer until you have seen his real potential.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Croydonbloke said:
What do you know about AJ. As mentioned earlier in this thread by AJLM AJ has only been given a fraction of a chance and played out of position. Keep the negative views on simmer and you have seen his real potential.

Post of the day :clap:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
No you are quite right, and as i said before i am not denying he has a goal scoring record that is impressive, certainly better by a country mile than any striker currently playing blue and white. However not all of those 82 were scored in the top flight of this fair land so until he goes and has another season in the prem and does well he wont and shouldnt be near the England squad. And before you start going on about Bent I agree that he shouldnt go either, Defoe however has played well and scored at intrnational level and is quicker and more deadly than your beloved AJ at prem level. I ve got double English lit now so smell you later!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
What do you know about AJ. As mentioned earlier in this thread by AJLM AJ has only been given a fraction of a chance and played out of position. Keep the negative views on simmer until you have seen his real potential.

But then he did have his chance in the summer and did not really take it. Richardson scored twice in that game and has kept his place ever since, Johnson did not find the net and has slipped down the order.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
No you are quite right, and as i said before i am not denying he has a goal scoring record that is impressive, certainly better by a country mile than any striker currently playing blue and white. However not all of those 82 were scored in the top flight of this fair land so until he goes and has another season in the prem and does well he wont and shouldnt be near the England squad. And before you start going on about Bent I agree that he shouldnt go either, Defoe however has played well and scored at intrnational level and is quicker and more deadly than your beloved AJ at prem level. I ve got double English lit now so smell you later!

Dont forget your pencil sharpener :wave:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

But a number of Defoe's goals were at this level for West Ham and the division below for Bournemouth and all but about 15 of Bents have been at this level for Ipswich.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
AJ's Love Monkey said:
oh you are back Mattew how was Maths today? That isnt the argument though fella is it, i or no other Palace fan has stated he should go to the World Cup, the debate is that with his goalscoring record which i will repeat is 82 in 150 games, he deserves another crack on the international stage. Then we will see if he is up to it, your or my opinion doesn't count for much until/if he gets that opportunity now does it?
:clap: Well said that man.

As Palace fans we know that with AJ on the ball and flying down the centre of any defence he will be IMO as prolific as Rooney or Owen. I would say that Rooney will score goals from outside the box but AJ can cause any defence as much trouble or create goals on the international satge.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But then he did have his chance in the summer and did not really take it. Richardson scored twice in that game and has kept his place ever since, Johnson did not find the net and has slipped down the order.

To be fair UB you cant judge a player on one performance can you? Give the bloke a run of 3 or 4 games to find out if he has what it takes at international level.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Exactly the same as you and countless other Brighton fans do on the BBS. Your point?

His point was obvious.............you are hardly going to get Brighton fans proclaiming Johnson to be the best thing since sliced bread.....................if you want that try posting on your own boards.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Read my post properly please before writing a load of old gibber. I said he had his chance but he was out of position for goodness sake.

AJLM are you getting tired of all this yet?????????:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here