Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be fair we are on their board and if Ronaldinho was playing for Palace they would say he was crap!
As I've said, REPEATEDLY, it is nothing to do with who he plays for. :dunce:

ANow you're saying he shoudln't go to the World Cup, but he should have a run of games for England? ??? Well no striker other than Rooney or Owen is going to get that because they're indisputably the first choice partnership. Beyond that there are places up for grabs, but many strikers are above Johnson in the pecking order. If he is playing in the Premiership next year and has another good season then he may be able to stake a claim for one of those. As it stands, no chance.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Silent Bob said:

ANow you're saying he shoudln't go to the World Cup, but he should have a run of games for England? ??? Well no striker other than Rooney or Owen is going to get that because they're indisputably the first choice partnership. Beyond that there are places up for grabs, but many strikers are above Johnson in the pecking order. If he is playing in the Premiership next year and has another good season then he may be able to stake a claim for one of those. As it stands, no chance.

But then if that clown Allardyce gets the job he will be below Kevin Davies in the pecking order.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Silent Bob said:

crap and you know it Bob it has everything to do with who he plays for, but i cant be bothered that is me off this thread it is getting tedious now. As i said earlier we will agree to disagree

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
21 goals and 2nd in the scoring charts not good enough then Chappers?

Not for me. May have been a one season wonder including a f*** load of goals that came from him falling over in the box. If he had done it two seasons in a row that record would be very hard to ignore. It's his own fault that he didn't take the chance to prove himself. Bent is doing as well, if not better than 'AJ', this year and will go to Germany.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Not for me. May have been a one season wonder including a f*** load of goals that came from him falling over in the box. If he had done it two seasons in a row that record would be very hard to ignore. It's his own fault that he didn't take the chance to prove himself. Bent is doing as well, if not better than 'AJ', this year and will go to Germany.

Bet he dont :nono:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
At the end of the day mate if he was what was good for England shouldn`t pride be swallowed. The fact is he is worthy of a shot.

I disagree............ Johnson decided to stick with Palace and respect to him for doing that...........sadly though it has cost him an England place.

In short Palace have held him back.
and is not currently worthy of a shot.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
crap and you know it Bob it has everything to do with who he plays for, but i cant be bothered that is me off this thread it is getting tedious now. As i said earlier we will agree to disagree
No, it really does not. You keep saying that all you like, it won't make it any truer. If he played for Norwich or Southampton I would say exactly the same.

But yes, by all means continue to ignore reason and DEMAND that a CHAMPIONSHIP player MUST go the World Cup, he is the thrice the player Maradona ever was and anyone who says otherwise is just saying so because they support Brighton.

:dunce:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Locky said:
I disagree............ Johnson decided to stick with Palace and respect to him for doing that...........sadly though it has cost him an England place.

In short Palace have held him back.
and is not currently worthy of a shot.

The trouble is I do not think Defoe or Bent are doing much more to justify inclusion, but being at this level and his injury earlier in the season are costing him. Can not really see any of them turning a game.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Silent Bob said:
No, it really does not. You keep saying that all you like, it won't make it any truer. If he played for Norwich or Southampton I would say exactly the same.

But yes, by all means continue to ignore reason and DEMAND that a CHAMPIONSHIP player MUST go the World Cup, he is the thrice the player Maradona ever was and anyone who says otherwise is just saying so because they support Brighton.

:dunce:

FFS why you no listen?! I have NEVER said he should go to the World Cup, i am just putting his case forward that he should have been given a fair chance that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootself :stupid: :cry: :shutup: :bla: :bla: :shrug: :thud:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
AJ's Love Monkey said:
FFS why you no listen?! I have NEVER said he should go to the World Cup, i am just putting his case forward that he should have been given a fair chance that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootself :stupid: :cry: :shutup: :bla: :bla: :shrug: :thud:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Class act AJLM.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
The trouble is I do not think Defoe or Bent are doing much more to justify inclusion, but being at this level and his injury earlier in the season are costing him. Can not really see any of them turning a game.

Very good post and 100% correct

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:

And I'm saying it's nothing to do with the fact he plays for Palace, you don't seem to want to listen to that. :shrug:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Silent Bob said:
And I'm saying it's nothing to do with the fact he plays for Palace, you don't seem to want to listen to that. :shrug:

Ok Bob it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Andrew Johnson plays for Crystal Palace Football Club that you think he shouldnt play for England. There you go i agree with you

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Ok Bob it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Andrew Johnson plays for Crystal Palace Football Club that you think he shouldnt play for England. There you go i agree with you
Splendid.

Surprisingly, I want what is best for England. If he would improve the squad I'd be all for him regardless of who he played for.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
As I said way back before club stuff got in the way I would take Vassell as the 4th striker and if we take 5, it could be any of Johnson, Defoe, Bent and probably Ashton. I could see some logic in taking Ashton as it would be a useful experience for him.

cant argue with that either mate :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here