Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Uncle Buck said:
He deserved his chance last year, his record was good enough.

However this season a combination of a lengthyish injury and not being in the Premiership has created a situation of out of sight out of mind and so he has dropped way down the pecking order.

It looks like Owen, Rooney, Crouch, then for some reason Defoe and Bent will go. Whether Bent is better than Johnson I am not sure, but Bent is scoring in the top flight so is going to get touted.

Personally I would still take Vassell, although he is not the greatest player, in the past he has had a habit of scoring the odd goal for England, where as between Crouch, Defoe and Bent they can muster 2 goals.

Good post :clap:

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Uncle Buck said:
He deserved his chance last year, his record was good enough.

However this season a combination of a lengthyish injury and not being in the Premiership has created a situation of out of sight out of mind and so he has dropped way down the pecking order.

It looks like Owen, Rooney, Crouch, then for some reason Defoe and Bent will go. Whether Bent is better than Johnson I am not sure, but Bent is scoring in the top flight so is going to get touted.

Personally I would still take Vassell, although he is not the greatest player, in the past he has had a habit of scoring the odd goal for England, where as between Crouch, Defoe and Bent they can muster 2 goals.

Won't argue with any of that. The irony being that Vassell is super reliant on pace and Silent Bob just said that it wasn't enough at international level - I think Vassell's record disproves that.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dowie/Johnson

AJ's Love Monkey said:
One swallow doesnt make a summer though Pezza does it? Its ok getting up for the big derby games but its the games against the likes of Crewe, Millwall, Derby etc that will decide your fate and that is where your team has been found wanting

A fecking huge swallow (feathered type) made my Autumn AJLM!!

I just wanted to respond to MR SE 25's comment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Johnson is ok, not good enough for the world cup though.

Please file under the International file with

Ricketts
Cole
Phillips

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Dowie/Johnson

Perry Milkins said:
Keep laughing SE25..the joke was echoing around your ears last October though. The joke is your outfit are not good enough for the premiership.
We will be next season Pez. You heard it 1st from CB.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dougal said:
Johnson is ok, not good enough for the world cup though.

Please file under the International file with

Ricketts
Cole
Phillips
He would take his chance if given it Dougal II.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Caveman said:
Out of (must state very little) interest how many were penalties Mr Scum-stato Man ?
And while you're at it Mr.Statto man, could you find out how many of those pens AJ won himself after tearing through the defence and being brought down? Cheers :)

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

ketchup.jpg

anfieldred.gif

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eagles #1 said:
And while you're at it Mr.Statto man, could you find out how many of those pens AJ won himself after tearing through the defence and being brought down? Cheers :)
Do you reckon international defenders would do the same as the likes of Zat Knight, Kenny Cunningham, etc? :)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Caveman said:
Out of (must state very little) interest how many were penalties Mr Scum-stato Man ?

Why post then cavey? You lot seemed obsessed with his penalty count (which as Eagles #1 said he won 99% of himself last season), if it wasnt penalties it would be that he runs funny or only scores from inside the box etc. At the end of the day you have to give credit where it is due, but it seems beyond most Brighton fans to do that. Oh well ho-hum :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here