Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
But they are both international defenders...
No, I mean for real teams, not England reserves and England rejects.

What I'm really saying is do you think Aleesandro Nesta is gonna panic when Andy Johnson runs at him like Premiership defenders do?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Croydonbloke said:
He would take his chance if given it Dougal II.

that game when he was on the wing for england he was absolutely shocking. I know he's a striker but that should not affect control and passing

someone mentioned he was up front vs USA ....Didn't take it then

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Silent Bob said:
No, I mean for real teams, not England reserves and England rejects.

What I'm really saying is do you think Aleesandro Nesta is gonna panic when Andy Johnson runs at him like Premiership defenders do?
Yes. How many goals has Owen got for England using his pace? (when he was fast, seems to have lost abit recently)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So far from this thread I've learned that Andy Johnson is better than Thierry Henry and Michael Owen. :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Johnson's World Cup hopes went when he agreed to stay at Palace last summer.

Sven will be selecting players for the WC with form in mind. Scoring freebie goals against a tiring Stoke defence does not count as form, scoring Premiership or European goals does.

The injury simply makes it even easier and more justifiable for Sven to turn his back. He is also very similar to better players Owen and Defoe.

IMHO I'd put Johnson on a par with Darren Bent. I'd leave both behind.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
No one has said that Bob but you cant argue with Johnson's scoring record (or on the other hand you can!) ???

Nope, he's got a great Championship record and a good Premiership record, but he had only played one season there, there are other players in better form than him, playing in the Premiership. Just becuase he scored against Stoke you've got all over excited again.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I'd just like to state that i dont think AJ will be going to the World Cup. But i do think he's better than Darren Bent.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Pavilionaire said:
Johnson's World Cup hopes went when he agreed to stay at Palace last summer.

Sven will be selecting players for the WC.

I`m in form for the WC after a chicken Jalfrezi last night. Pick me Sven.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Silent Bob said:
Nope, he's got a great Championship record and a good Premiership record, but he had only played one season there, there are other players in better form than him, playing in the Premiership. Just becuase he scored against Stoke you've got all over excited again.

Have i said he should be going to the World Cup? Nope all i am saying is that considering his scoring record he deserves another crack at England that is all!! :shrug: :thud:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Palace tinted glasses

bleat , bleat , bleat

get a grip

Hark now hear the Brighton sing the palace run away (again)

1 - 0 at home against a your poor rivals , hilarious , outsung and out played , must still hurt a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here