Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're probably right. It wasn't the defeat that upset me on Saturday but the manner in which it occurred. For a derby game with a lot riding on it, at least for the fans, I thought the players showed precious little passion and commitment and seemed to have little sense of the occasion and what it meant. I hate big games - we almost always tend to f**k them up.

aye if we are to progress further then its those big games we need to get better at...and imho ultimately its the players who hav to do the business ..theres time yet ..but then i guess that depends on peoples expectations

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Do you think withdean wanderer is a twat?
Yes or no?

Poll to follow :moo:

For asking what might be considered uncomfortable questions? For me, no.

Just because of what Gus has achieved during his three years here, it doesn't give him carte blanche to never have any of his decisions debated and, if necessary, criticised.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think that the success or otherwise of our season will depend on that elusive striker being found in January. But can we trust Gus to get the right man in? Let's hope so.

Would you trust a man that thought Paynter was the answer, or any of the other shite striker signings Gus has made? FYI every striker he's signed hasn't been very good in his system. Barnes was a good buy for 50k, the rest have been shite or overpriced (or unable to succeed in his system). He's clearly lying about the couldn't afford him stuff to gloss over his monumental f*** up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Do you think withdean wanderer is a twat?
Yes or no?

Poll to follow :moo:

Just because of what Gus has achieved during his three years here, it doesn't give him carte blanche to never have any of his decisions debated and, if necessary, criticised.

For the way he "asks" his "questions" yes, he is a twat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

See answer below, definitely a better way of starting constructive debates. So another yes from me.

For the way he "asks" his "questions" yes, he is a twat.

When did he ever say we couldn't afford to keep him?

He said he made an offer which matched what he thought he was worth to us and someone else bid higher. If you think he isn't worth the extra you don't offer it and he goes elsewhere. Moving to another club would guarantee he would be a success, in the same way that if he had stayed he would have been here at Championship level.

Murray wasn't exactly loved by some fans was he so its only since he left that they have piped up and said it was a mistake for us to let him go (hindsight wonderful isn't it)

This is old now and the time to move on has long since past

ps WW its also about time for you to stop posting your anti club / player / manager bullshit on here seeing as the only time you ever appear on this site is when you can run them down, you never post how well someone is doing or praise anything or anyone but what do you expect from a troll / Palace fan. It's got really old and boring now.

but did we make an offer????

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh bore off and answer the question. Frankly, I find all responses like this (about me, rather than the topic) dull and predictable.

Is Poyet lieing to us because he'd rather not admit to massively cocking up the striker situation? Yes or no?

irritating isn't it. Troll

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] is right, although he does himself few favours in the way he presents his point.

This whole "we couldn't afford Murray" line is clearly nonsense. At best, we decided that he wasn't worth what he was asking for.

Last season, despite our lack of target man, it did look like a reasonable decision. This season, less so, obviously. His ability in the air is something we are crying out for, as he demonstrated with his headed goal from the corner and then, in the second half, the way he attacked another cross and put it just over. It would be fantastic for us to have someone both willing and capable of attacking a cross like that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] is right, although he does himself few favours in the way he presents his point.

This whole "we couldn't afford Murray" line is clearly nonsense. At best, we decided that he wasn't worth what he was asking for.

Last season, despite our lack of target man, it did look like a reasonable decision. This season, less so, obviously. His ability in the air is something we are crying out for, as he demonstrated with his headed goal from the corner and then, in the second half, the way he attacked another cross and put it just over. It would be fantastic for us to have someone both willing and capable of attacking a cross like that.

It is not about whether he is right or not it is (as you point out) the way he uses inflammatory language to cause argument. Many would agree (including me) that with hindsight letting Murray go was a mistake. But does that necessarily mean he is a "filthy liar"? I think maybe he meant that he didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for. Managers get rid of players for many reasons and give even more reasons for letting them go.

As soon as one Murray thread slides off page one some dull and predicable troll starts another. Like you say it is not about his opinion it is about the way he decided to express it. For no other reason than to get some attention and attempt to cause a binfest.

Otherwise why not resurrect one of the other Murray threads to post his genuine and heartfelt opinion?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe we should have questioned the Ken Brown decision in further depth as he was the one doing the contract negotiations at the time. Something wasn't right in the way he was summarily dismissed, rather than a sensational thread title as Badfish has already pointed out.

You really are deluded,I was with NSC years before you but never posted...and I was supporting Albion long before you were born....

Don't be suckered in by the "Join Date Mafia" - biggest load of :wanker: on here (most of them never saw Peter Ward kick a ball).

I voted NO BTW.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What annoys me is it's the same mistakes again and again. Every time he gets something wrong, he goes and does the same thing a week or two later. Ok, the mistakes are irritating, but it's the inability to learn from them that worries me the most and makes me think he's got no long term future here. I know his heart is in the right place, so it makes me sad to say that enough is enough, it's time for the withdean wanderer to leave nsc.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
You need to open you eyes and start watching the players your saying are "crap" over priced,
A. Yeah Macca was a touch over priced but its not the goals he gets that's worth the money it's the effort and pressure he puts on the other team plus he's our highest goal scorer so bollocks to what you've said about him.

B. Hoskins is defiantly not a crap signing and you can't make that bloody comment because he's been out injured with a broken foot for the start of the season and he's really started to put a impact onto the first team make one start since his return which I thought was underrated because he's not match fit and he's not been training or playing for 1 and a half years, he looks very promising just wait for him to get some games under his belt and you'll see.

And bollocks to not trusting in Gus, Trust in Gus all the way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What annoys me is it's the same mistakes again and again. Every time he gets something wrong, he goes and does the same thing a week or two later. Ok, the mistakes are irritating, but it's the inability to learn from them that worries me the most and makes me think he's got no long term future here. I know his heart is in the right place, so it makes me sad to say that enough is enough, it's time for the withdean wanderer to leave nsc.

:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

There are ways of generating debate though, WW way is to act like a six year old in the playgound moaning to his 6 year old mates about the teacher (players) or headmaster ( manager/chairman).

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He has a point, to be fair.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Completely unrelated but you remind me of a poster called London Irish...

That's all...

Now, back to the topic, I think it's slightly unfair to tar Dobbie with the useless brush just yet, fair enough he hasn't performed well yet but he hasn't had a fair crack in the side yet and probably won't all the while we decide to over defend!

Those were the days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe we should have questioned the Ken Brown decision in further depth as he was the one doing the contract negotiations at the time. Something wasn't right in the way he was summarily dismissed, rather than a sensational thread title as Badfish has already pointed out.

Nobody wants to question the Ken Brown situation and contract negotiations? Maybe I should have started a thread about it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here