• Yes

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 66.1%

• Total voters

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
What's there to discuss when we're winning?

If there's ever a quote that sums up your pitiful little existence than thats it. Seriously, read it back to yourself.

By the way, even your friends are tired of you and your endless negativity. I know several of them through the REMF and you should realise you are not a popular boy with many of the REMF boys, matey.

What people need to realise is WW is no "wind-up merchant". If you have ever met him in real life (as I have) you will realise he is one of the saddest little men you will ever meet. He just oozes negativity from every pore.

You need therapy, bud.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It's obvious when our players are playing well. There's no debate - everyone agrees. Kuzczsak is great, Bruno is good...err...

But you see my point. There's no discussion. However, if you have an issue with someone being selected (e.g. Dunk - prior to yesterday's debacle) and discuss it, people can debate their opinion. That's the difference.

I am not stupid. I can see we've got a lot of good players at the club and we've come a long way since the days of being dicked on at Withdean. But there's no discussion there, there's no conversation starter, hence I don't start a thread on it.

Absolute BOLLOCKS.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In which case, Gus made an error in deciding he couldn't afford Murray. He under-rated him.

I don't think anyone is denying that but it happens. It doesn't make Gus a bad manager it just means he made a mistake. He is young and inexperienced and that is going to happen. For me the positives where Gus is concerned far outweigh the negatives. It just depends on where you wish to focus your attention.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think anyone is denying that but it happens. It doesn't make Gus a bad manager it just means he made a mistake. He is young and inexperienced and that is going to happen. For me the positives where Gus is concerned far outweigh the negatives. It just depends on where you wish to focus your attention.

Totally agree with all of that. I'm still largely pro-Gus because I take into account ALL of the things he's done, not just things he's done wrong.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Everyone knows now that the decision with Murray was a poor one. Exaggerated by our strikers poor form.

Gus, please find us an decent replacement so we can put it all behind us and move on.

This sums it up succinctly - we will move on when a 25 goals per season championship + premiership potential striker joins the club. The history of our promotions is the history of having such a player (eg Ward, Zamora, Murray) - it ain't rocket science! In the meantime every time Murray scores a goal in the championship (and especially against us) salt is rubbed into the wound and it hurts like hell.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This sums it up succinctly - we will move on when a 25 goals per season championship + premiership potential striker joins the club. The history of our promotions is the history of having such a player (eg Ward, Zamora, Murray) - it ain't rocket science! In the meantime every time Murray scores a goal in the championship (and especially against us) salt is rubbed into the wound and it hurts like hell.

Trouble is strikers like this are hard to come by.....and expensive. I suppose this makes it doubly bad that we let murray go.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If there's ever a quote that sums up your pitiful little existence than thats it. Seriously, read it back to yourself.

By the way, even your friends are tired of you and your endless negativity. I know several of them through the REMF and you should realise you are not a popular boy with many of the REMF boys, matey.

What people need to realise is WW is no "wind-up merchant". If you have ever met him in real life (as I have) you will realise he is one of the saddest little men you will ever meet. He just oozes negativity from every pore.

You need therapy, bud.

1) I don't actually recall us ever having a conversation before, so I must say, I'm impressed that you've managed to post such a load of tripe.
2) You have no idea even who my friends are. As you seem to think you know me when we've never actually had a conversation, I can understand why you'd think I'm friends with most of the "REMF boys". I'm not, although I know a few of them. They don't like my negativity? Big deal. They don't like me? I don't like some of them. Hoorah.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and pass opinion on your personality as I don't know you at all. I've heard a few things about you -do I feel the need to share them on here? No, I can't be bothered with the playground nature of it all. I'd rather discuss The Albion. Speaking of which, congratulations on wasting your time and energy on this thread but failing to discuss the question posted in the original post. I hope you feel better for it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not hindsight.

Before CP were mentioned (meaning 1/2 of Albion fans automatically hate Murray, and exonerate Gus), most Albion fans WHO WENT TO GAMES thought Murray was a class player and just as good a striker. A bit shy/awkward, coming across as moody, but a great player.

Gus didn't want to give an exitsing player a pay rise to a level that is still modest in the Championship. Pointless point of principle. CP's gain.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I'm not sure about GP being a liar, but I'm getting the impression he is starting to 'play' at being a Championship manager. Putting in the third choice goalkeeper against Watford at the tail end of last season, with the ensuing 2-2 draw all but ending our play-off hopes, to consistently taking off strikers and putting on defensive midfielders, when we are defending leads this season, with the ensuing dropped points, pointing to a reckless disregard of the hopes of the over twenty four thousand fans present in each case. I know Gus has played professionally and been a good manager, but any fan over the age of 35 will have SEEN more games than him, and if they have been watching the stripes, will know our propensity for shooting ourselves in the foot. Don't pour petrol on the flames Gus :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

A fairly astute summary of the situation.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Not hindsight.

Before CP were mentioned (meaning 1/2 of Albion fans automatically hate Murray, and exonerate Gus), most Albion fans WHO WENT TO GAMES thought Murray was a class player and just as good a striker. A bit shy/awkward, coming across as moody, but a great player.

Gus didn't want to give an exitsing player a pay rise to a level that is still modest in the Championship. Pointless point of principle. CP's gain.

Sorry disagree. How many goals did he get last season, now he is scoring the wood workers are out.

Yes I went to games, yes I could see he was good, but also injury prone and at that point if you offered me 34 goal cms there was no competition, if you then also offered me a 21 goal Hoskins banging in goals for a relegated side... The pair at the time we're much much more appealing. Can others not be honest enough to admit that too?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry disagree. How many goals did he get last season, now he is scoring the wood workers are out.

Yes I went to games, yes I could see he was good, but also injury prone and at that point if you offered me 34 goal cms there was no competition, if you then also offered me a 21 goal Hoskins banging in goals for a relegated side... The pair at the time we're much much more appealing. Can others not be honest enough to admit that too?

Murray could have been kept at an incremental cost of £143k per annum, from a turnover that's risen 5 fold = peanuts.

Not about Hoskins, or CMS/Hoskins versus Murray. We could have cheaply had the lot. 4 good strikers in the squad would makes a fantastic forwards threat.

Murray. Aside from his goals, his hold up play is immense, as is his vision for a non-PL forward.

Not wood work here. You won't find a single quote slagging Murray, and plenty complimenting him. The same for many others, who can see through the CP hatred.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Murray could have been kept at an incremental cost of £143k per annum, from a turnover that's risen 5 fold = peanuts.

Not about Hoskins, or CMS/Hoskins versus Murray. We could have cheaply had the lot. 4 good strikers in the squad would makes a fantastic forwards threat.

Murray. Aside from his goals, his hold up play is immense, as is his vision for a non-PL forward.

Not wood work here. You won't find a single quote slagging Murray, and plenty complimenting him. The same for many others, who can see through the CP hatred.

Summed up perfectly.
Many rated Murray at the time, arguably our best player alongside Bennett and Calderon. Got over injuries to be at his consistent and classy best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Summed up perfectly.
Many rated Murray at the time, arguably our best player alongside Bennett and Calderon. Got over injuries to be at his consistent and classy best.

A poster said that the other day until I bounced a thread that he'd started two years ago which revealed he rated Dicker & Painter above Murray.
Your Top 5 Current Albion Players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here