Is Gus Poyet lying to the fans?

• Yes

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 66.1%

• Total voters

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
He says he couldn't afford Glenn Murray at a time when he could afford £1m Buckley (good signing), £2.5m CMS (and rising, woefully overpriced), 500k Hoskins (crap signing) and Vicente's wages (great player, joke signing).

Do you believe Gus? Or is he a filthy liar.

Bare in mind he's already lied this week, saying we'd had a good week and almost have a fully fit squad" despite losing Bridge, El-abd AND Painter. This is of course understandable, lieing in a (failed) attempt to deceit the opposition. But if he can lie to opponents, why can't he lie to his supporters in a pathetic attempt to defend the most catastrophic cock up imaginable?

Trust in Gus? Bollocks to that.

Read what you have typed. Then read it again. And again. And then ask yourself if you should ever be allowed out of your sheltered accomadation. You tragic, patheitic poisonous little twat.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus is full of it and its becoming embarrassing. Murray/Vicente / Suarez / 7 subs means places for youngsters on bench/ Injuries / Best team in the league....blar blar blar just a constant steam of shite. Said it all along, there is nothing special about Poyet any manager worth his salt would have done what he has done with same tools...One of the reasons Cattlin got the sack was because he spent over a hundred grand on Fash, who turn out to be carrying an injury....how times change.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus is full of it and its becoming embarrassing. Murray/Vicente / Suarez / 7 subs means places for youngsters on bench/ Injuries / Best team in the league....blar blar blar just a constant steam of shite. Said it all along, there is nothing special about Poyet any manager worth his salt would have done what he has done with same tools...One of the reasons Cattlin got the sack was because he spent over a hundred grand on Fash, who turn out to be carrying an injury....how times change.

Nonsense. Gus has overachieved year in, year out. He'll do it again this season. When we DESTROYED League One, we had about the 7th highest budget in that league. That's a PHENOMENAL achievement. Last season, we were unquestionably in the bottom half budget wise, yet comfortably outdid ourselves and finished safely in midtable. Why do you ignore all of this?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Nonsense. Gus has overachieved year in, year out. He'll do it again this season. When we DESTROYED League One, we had about the 7th highest budget in that league. That's a PHENOMENAL achievement. Last season, we were unquestionably in the bottom half budget wise, yet comfortably outdid ourselves and finished safely in midtable. Why do you ignore all of this?

Because its a load of bollocks and simply not true..just because Gus says it does not make it true...Overachived lol yeah right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Most managers com out with a lot of rhetoric Poyets no different ...any manager worth his salt will have done what Poyet has by definition then Poyet is worth his salt ..Cattlin was a fine manager unjustly sacked ..so r u saying Poyet shud b sacked for the Vicente saga? (If that's what u mean)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Most managers com out with a lot of rhetoric Poyets no different ...any manager worth his salt will have done what Poyet has by definition then Poyet is worth his salt ..Cattlin was a fine manager unjustly sacked ..so r u saying Poyet shud b sacked for the Vicente saga? (If that's what u mean)

That's not what i mean.What i mea is Gus has been given the tools to deliver a top six finish, no excuses..If he doesn't he has failed badly and any e that can't see that is blind....We are only halfway through the season so we will see, but i don't think the side Gus has built has got any bottle and when push comes to shove will just roll over.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Because its a load of bollocks and simply not true..just because Gus says it does not make it true...Overachived lol yeah right.

Did you really think us pissing all over league one was par for the course? We hardly spent any money and started the 2 season with 2 strikers in squad. An unheard of ex Eastbourne stiker and an injury prone lazy lump who people hated cos he didn't clap them for travelling all the way to London...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Read what you have typed. Then read it again. And again. And then ask yourself if you should ever be allowed out of your sheltered accomadation. You tragic, patheitic poisonous little twat.

That is some sixth post. I like your style.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Did you really think us pissing all over league one was par for the course? We hardly spent any money and started the 2 season with 2 strikers in squad. An unheard of ex Eastbourne stiker and an injury prone lazy lump who people hated cos he didn't clap them for travelling all the way to London...

Can you please highlight the bit where i said we should piss the league...I said he has not Overachived..We are flat track bullies, good against the dross and the crap(most of the time)...but go missing when push comes to shove and the pressure is on.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He says he couldn't afford Glenn Murray at a time when he could afford £1m Buckley (good signing), £2.5m CMS (and rising, woefully overpriced), 500k Hoskins (crap signing) and Vicente's wages (great player, joke signing).

Do you believe Gus? Or is he a filthy liar.

Bare in mind he's already lied this week, saying we'd had a good week and almost have a fully fit squad" despite losing Bridge, El-abd AND Painter. This is of course understandable, lieing in a (failed) attempt to deceit the opposition. But if he can lie to opponents, why can't he lie to his supporters in a pathetic attempt to defend the most catastrophic cock up imaginable?

Trust in Gus? Bollocks to that.

Gus may or may not be a liar. But you cannot spell !

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Can you please highlight the bit where i said we should piss the league...I said he has not Overachived..We are flat track bullies, good against the dross and the crap(most of the time)...but go missing when push comes to shove and the pressure is on.

Ok. Do you think us pissing the league with that squad and budget was not over acheiving?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's not what i mean.What i mea is Gus has been given the tools to deliver a top six finish, no excuses..If he doesn't he has failed badly and any e that can't see that is blind....We are only halfway through the season so we will see, but i don't think the side Gus has built has got any bottle and when push comes to shove will just roll over.

There's a fair few sides in this championship who would say theyve got the tools to be in the top six ..although I wud say none tht stick out ..re bottle I'm half inclined to agree with u ..but as u say we hav half a season to see how it plays out ...what we do in the Jan transfer market cud b the key

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
1) Gus is not going to give the whole truth and nothing but the truth, now is he?
2) Murray was crap last year, if we had kept him, would we have let him go in the summer? Most likely.
3) Murray was crap/ok the year before the League 1 win, in his last year of contract, League 1 win, he played very well.
4) Murray is playing well this year, with one year left on his contract, do you think he is playing for an extension?
5) I believe it was not the wages as such but the fact Murray wanted 3 years and Gus said 2. Palace offered similar money and 3 years.
6) Do we want a player that only plays well every other year?
7) Many Brighton players have been accused of being crap recently, including by myself but realistically they aren't crap they are just not good enough to get us promoted, they are however, good enough to keep us in this division.
8) Presumably Gus has a limited budget which he can improve on one or two players each year to eventually get us into the Prem. It's frustrating but Rome was not built in a day!
9) Even Fergie has made mistakes with players he has bought and with a lot more money!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
what we do in the Jan transfer market cud b the key

If this will probably back up WWs point. Gus will constanty say we are "very close" to the signing "one one that can make a difference" or the the "gem". The window will close and we still won't have a Murray type player, because it was "complicated". Heard the same bollocks for 2 years

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If this will probably back up WWs point. Gus will constanty say we are "very close" to the signing "one one that can make a difference" or the the "gem". The window will close and we still won't have a Murray type player, because it was "complicated". Heard the same bollocks for 2 years

You're not wrong.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok. Do you think us pissing the league with that squad and budget was not over acheiving?

Gus had a very good first full season..But should we not be judging him on the present not the past...I could run off a list of dozens of managers who have won the league 1 title. Hardly makes them the special one and I know some people on here find it hard to believe but that's all he has done to date....Nothing else.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
I love how you guys actually believe we didnt keep Murray because we couldnt afford him.

In transfer fees for the WHOLE 15 Palace players who played on Saturday cost less that CMS.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Is the OP wise to start a thread like this just before Charlton away ???
FWIW I don't think Poyet has been entirely honest in this instance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gus had a very good first full season..But should we not be judging him on the present not the past...I could run off a list of dozens of managers who have won the league 1 title. Hardly makes them the special one and I know some people on here find it hard to believe but that's all he has done to date....Nothing else.

"Thats all he's done to date".

What a ridiculous comment. He has had 2 full seasons. In the first he won the league. In the second he almost got us in the playoffs.

Last year I said survival was our target. I don't care if thats boring and a cliche, but it was our number one target. He achieved it with ease, unearthered an absolute gem in Buckley and has formed a very good team for a proper push at the playoffs this year.

Honestly, you have COMPLTELY lost context. completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here