Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
3rd in the Premiership and last 16 of the Champions League. Playing the beautiful game. Hope not.

Even after 40+ years of supporting the Albion, I know if we ended up with a team of foreigners, however well we were doing, I would be hard pressed to retain any interest in the team.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Let's look at it this way:

Maybe this says that Gus will improve the squad at every opportunity. That he will only make signings if a player is better than those currently at the club or brings something different but will make those signings even when the team is playing well.

Maybe it says that Gus is not satisfied with merely staying up and aiming for a midtable position but wants to finish as high as he can and have as strong a finish to this season as possible. The higher that Brighton finish this season and the more momentum we have going into next season then the better placed we are in attracting players over the summer.

Every club in the league who previously wouldn't have looked at Brighton when loaning players out will now think again.

Every agent who previously wouldn't have recomended to a player to consider signing for Brighton or who didn't realise that Brighton was in the market for players of this calibre will think again.

Every player who wouldn't have considered coming to Brighton because he thought we are a small club will think again.

Signings of this nature serve notice to every other club in this league that Brighton are a big club and are to be taking very seriously.

This is a not only the signing of a quality footballer but a massive statement of intent about where this club is headed...

Very insightful .
Give this man his own column .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
jeez I struggle to understand the negativity on here.:eek:
Stoke fans rate him as being good defensively with excellent passing ability, someone who can break up an attack and take it or pass it forward quickly. Most seem to think he will be in their first team next season and just needs to get some competitive games in.
He is clearly potentially better than we have so why are people knocking it?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Does Gus still think we have a chance of the play offs!!
Very strange one at this stage of the season, but hey if a good player wants to join because of Poyet who are we to complain. Going to be a bit harsh on whoever drops out (Poyet seemed to be getting pissed off with Navarro on Sat but think that was just the heat of the game) but that is football I suppose.

We can still get to 76 points by winning our remaining games.........that should see us in the play offs :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Time for someone to be negative.

We need to be very careful that we don't end up with too many foreign players. We've already got Lua-Lua, Calderon, two goalies, a foreign manager, a Welsh captain and now this guy.

I freakin' hate Arsenal because of all their foreign players. are we heading in the same direction?

Err why?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Let's look at it this way:

Maybe this says that Gus will improve the squad at every opportunity. That he will only make signings if a player is better than those currently at the club or brings something different but will make those signings even when the team is playing well.

Maybe it says that Gus is not satisfied with merely staying up and aiming for a midtable position but wants to finish as high as he can and have as strong a finish to this season as possible. The higher that Brighton finish this season and the more momentum we have going into next season then the better placed we are in attracting players over the summer.

Every club in the league who previously wouldn't have looked at Brighton when loaning players out will now think again.

Every agent who previously wouldn't have recomended to a player to consider signing for Brighton or who didn't realise that Brighton was in the market for players of this calibre will think again.

Every player who wouldn't have considered coming to Brighton because he thought we are a small club will think again.

Signings of this nature serve notice to every other club in this league that Brighton are a big club and are to be taking very seriously.

This is a not only the signing of a quality footballer but a massive statement of intent about where this club is headed...

This.

You need to post more often, judging by this.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
May I be the first one to question this signing.

The midfield are playing well at the moment, and in a rich vein of form and so we want to keep continuity and no-one really deserves to be dropped. Further to this we're not going to go down and we're not going to go up, so lets use this time to try out things with the players we've got. If this guy plays does ok and then goes back to Stoke then what use was it to us?? Unless there is a realistic chance he will come permanantly or on a years loan in the summer I don't see the point. Were we gunning for the play-offs fair enough but we're not.

Glad you're so certain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FLAIRTASTIC. Just think that if RS was still in charge he would be bringing in loanees from Chesterfield , Rotherham and Grimsby to save us from relegation.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Even after 40+ years of supporting the Albion, I know if we ended up with a team of foreigners, however well we were doing, I would be hard pressed to retain any interest in the team.

I don't see why.

Albion don't represent England/the UK in any sense, do we?

We do represent Sussex, though - which is why plenty of us get excited about having local lads in the team, or at least players who've come through the Albion youth system.

But why would you be more supportive of, say, a team of northerners than a team of Spanish and South Americans?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Diego "The Destroyer" Arismendi :clap2:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 327

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've had very little to cheer about for the past FOUR years or so. Let us have a bit of optimism, even if it is completely unfounded and without any merit whatsoever.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
GREAT NEWS, welcome Diego.

Sky Sports report him as a winger ( or did it say Minger:laugh:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here