Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I just LOVE the way already that theres some NSC GOONS with negative thoughts on a player signing....seriously f*** off to SPURS you moaning whinging gay bastards!

:thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody heck - there's another goddam Uruguayan Revolution going on in Sunny Brighton & Hove. :ohmy:

VIVA GENERAL POYET!! :clap2:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Oh right. Of course. We're perfectly justified in raving about someone based on value, like the £3-500k Dickinson? £1.5m Virgo? Graeme Smith - wasn't a £1m fee turned down for him? (or was it 500k?) Clearly values attributed to players are a precise and reliable marker of how well they are going to perform for us.

Can we do it based on the words: 'Uruguayan', 'U21' and 'International'?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Interesting'emergency' loan,but I wonder why now?
Yes,we want to make sure we don't go down and we don't get the chance to see many £3.0 m players at Withdean.....may put a few on the gate!but is it really the best way forward at this stage?Perhaps there are things we don't know.....alternatively it could be just that the opportunity arose to sign fellow countryman Aris and it was too good to miss!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
This is a not only the signing of a quality footballer but a massive statement of intent about where this club is headed...

Agreed.
The Bloom / Poyet partnership is showing more ambition this season than I ever would have thought. Poyet's a confident guy and he knows we are not going down so why have they got a player on board that will most likely go elsewhere at the end of the season. Because Tony fancies it I guess....
Being a Brighton fan is fooking brilliant (this week!).

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh right. Of course. We're perfectly justified in raving about someone based on value, like the £3-500k Dickinson? £1.5m Virgo? Graeme Smith - wasn't a £1m fee turned down for him? (or was it 500k?) Clearly values attributed to players are a precise and reliable marker of how well they are going to perform for us.

It's not like we have a recent history of signing players with very good reputations who then are unable to live up to them with us. (Savage, Dickinson, Hoyte, C Davies, G. Smith, still waiting for McNulty to live up to his reputation).

Well first of all none of those players are internationals and as for Savage, I would argue that he came here with a weak reputation that improved after his time with us.

I don't think everyone is seriously expecting him to walk in and tear up the pitch reminiscent of Diego Maradona in his pomp BUT I think we're allowed to get excited that a young Uruguayan international wants to come and play for us.

I think you have to take a lot of the praise offered up for new singings with fancy foreign names with a pinch of salt

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Let's look at it this way:

Maybe this says that Gus will improve the squad at every opportunity. That he will only make signings if a player is better than those currently at the club or brings something different but will make those signings even when the team is playing well.

Maybe it says that Gus is not satisfied with merely staying up and aiming for a midtable position but wants to finish as high as he can and have as strong a finish to this season as possible. The higher that Brighton finish this season and the more momentum we have going into next season then the better placed we are in attracting players over the summer.

Every club in the league who previously wouldn't have looked at Brighton when loaning players out will now think again.

Every agent who previously wouldn't have recomended to a player to consider signing for Brighton or who didn't realise that Brighton was in the market for players of this calibre will think again.

Every player who wouldn't have considered coming to Brighton because he thought we are a small club will think again.

Signings of this nature serve notice to every other club in this league that Brighton are a big club and are to be taking very seriously.

This is a not only the signing of a quality footballer but a massive statement of intent about where this club is headed...

Excellent post - right on the money

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does Gus still think we have a chance of the play offs!!
Very strange one at this stage of the season, but hey if a good player wants to join because of Poyet who are we to complain. Going to be a bit harsh on whoever drops out (Poyet seemed to be getting pissed off with Navarro on Sat but think that was just the heat of the game) but that is football I suppose.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we do it based on the words: 'Uruguayan', 'U21' and 'International'?

Are all uruguayans great footballers? They're below serbia in the world rankings.

There are players in England's under 21 squad who play for Preston, Rochdale, and Yeovil. They have the tag "U21 International".

Those words aren't a guarantee of greatness.

I like the sound of this signing, but given the way potentially great players, and players with great reputations, have come to us and failed to live up to expectations, I'm not going to lose my head with excitement as everyone else seems to be doing. If being cautiously optomistic makes me "negative" so be it.

Perhaps that's a good sign for the often maligned NSC and it's reputation for negativity. We're now at a stage where "caustiously optomistic" is defined as "negative". Or maybe it's just a blip.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Are all uruguayans great footballers? They're below serbia in the world rankings.

There are players in England's under 21 squad who play for Preston, Rochdale, and Yeovil. They have the tag "U21 International".

I like the sound of this signing, but given the way potentially great players, and players with great reputations, have come to us and failed to live up to expectations, I'm not going to lose my head with excitement as everyone else seems to be doing. If being cautiously optomistic makes me "negative" so be it.

Perhaps that's a good sign for the often maligned NSC and it's reputation for negativity. We're now at a stage where "caustiously optomistic" is defined as "negative". Or maybe it's just a blip.

i think that you are largely correct, though the order for the day is surely WILD OVER-EXCITEMENT

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

but then again a team who don't have much money to play with didn't spend £2.5 mill with potential to raise on a Preston, Yeovil or wherever U21 international though did they

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Were on a good run, improving the squad now is a great idea. It keeps everyone on there toes, and stops players thinking were safe now all of a sudden..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Time for someone to be negative.

We need to be very careful that we don't end up with too many foreign players. We've already got Lua-Lua, Calderon, two goalies, a foreign manager, a Welsh captain and now this guy.

I freakin' hate Arsenal because of all their foreign players. are we heading in the same direction?

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Time for someone to be negative.

We need to be very careful that we don't end up with too many foreign players. We've already got Lua-Lua, Calderon, two goalies, a foreign manager, a Welsh captain and now this guy.

I freakin' hate Arsenal because of all their foreign players. are we heading in the same direction?

I'd love the Albion to be heading in the same direction as Arsenal! New stadium - minimum debt and challenging for silverware :falmer:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can't really get excited about a defensive midfielder, especially as we've been playing well recently and none of the midfield deserve to be dropped. Strange signing in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here