Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Does anyone else remember Naylor "hinting" this could happen absolutely AGES ago? Most wrote it off as 2+2=5 regarding them both being Uruguayan but clearly Naylor knew what he was talking about.

behave - EVERYBODY knows that naylor gets all his stories from the fountain of information that is nsc. there is NO WAY he could know something that people on here don't :jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
İbrahim Tatlıses;3380709 said:
We have a f***ing Uruguay international worth £3m. What is happening? I am lost for words. This is amazing.

raising to 5 million euro's!!!!!!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he stays until the end of the season and does well who knows, we may be able to have him on a season long loan next year - Pullis describes him as "one for the future" after all.

He should improve our options in pure ability terms but as he clearly has some "temprement" issues, having Navarro as back up is no less essential.

If this is a sign of Poyet's working can we now expect an experienced quallity centre back on loan?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
not only that, we have a uruguay international who is certifiably hatstand and likes to nut mincy little gooner nonces like Merida in reserve games...

As buster rhymes would say, WOOO-HA!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
hopefully the temperament thing will be snuffed by the fact he seems to regard gus as his boyhood hero?

my hero for example is chuck norris. if chuck told me to shut the f*** up, the f*** up i'm going to shut

si?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I think this reinforces Poyet's desire to play the 4-5-1 system - if any of Navarro, Crofts or Dicker got injured or suspended then there is no replacement in the squad (Smith or Cox notwithstanding) - therefore this is a statement of intent, and yes he will have to replace one of those three, the most likely being Dicker I am afraid as Poyet rates Navarro very highly and will not drop Crofts.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thing is Lua Lua and Arismendi are two quite separate players. Lua is a winger, whilst Aris is a defensive midfielder.......incidently nicknamed on his blog as the destroyer. If Lua Lua is on his way back, then I would have guessed that Gus would have got another winger in.

Also, didn't Gus go to Newcastle with a view to seeing a different player to Lua Lua, but was so impressed he enquired after him instead. Reads that Gus had the intention of perhaps bolstering the defensive side of the club and has now done that with Aris.

I can see both being in the side, with Navarro dropping out. Navarro has done well of late, but perhaps Gus has always seen him as a stop gap. I doubt very much that we will actually buy Lua Lua or Aris (maybe next season long loans), but they are obviously the type of players that Gus will be looking for in the summer..........as opposed to most of those that we have now and who perhaps aren't upto the standrad of a promotion winning side.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Truly awesome news. Gus knows what he is doing so wont do anything to upset the existing squad. Gus has always said he wants competition for all places and I suspect we may see Diego back next year on a loan to help our promotion push.

This also helps raise the clubs profile when it comes to signing quality players in the Summer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one of these please next Gus

4 DF Jorge Fucile 19 November 1984 (age 25) 23 0 Porto
16 DF Maxi Pereira 8 June 1984 (age 25) 35 0 Benfica
19 DF Sebastián Coates 7 October 1990 (age 19) 0 0 Nacional

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If he has to help out every poor soul who suddenly gets hit by the FACT that they live in Stoke-on-Trent, Stoke City's psychiatrist must be a very busy bloke. Diego nuestra will fit in far more easily with us, in the cosmopolitan city by the sea etc etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing. This could lead to a spate of boys being named Diego in Sussex - the biggest outbreak of that in the UK since Scotland, circa 1986.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here