Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
presumably relegating Navarro to the subs bench

He should get on well with Dean Cox by the sound of it...................

Premiership footballer Diego Arismendi's late night parties 'forced neighbour to move out'
Premiership footballer Diego Arismendi has been accused of forcing his neighbour to move out of his luxury home with a string of noisy, late night parties.

Published: 7:30AM GMT 19 Feb 2010

Diego Arismendi, Stoke City's The Uruguayan midfielder, 22, who plays for Stoke City, was branded a noise pest by plastic surgeon Dr Muhammad Khan who claimed he played loud music until 5am and held impromptu kickabouts with his friends.

Now Dr Khan, 30, has handed in his notice for the rented two-bedroom flat at the prestigious No 1 London Road apartment complex in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs, citing the noise coming from Arismendi's flat above him.

The plastic surgery registrar, who works at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, said he has twice asked Arismendi to turn down the music since the footballer moved in last month.

He also complained to Stoke City through his landlord - but claimed the problems continue.

"I can't sleep and I can't concentrate doing my work. I am at my wits' end," Dr Khan said.

"My flat vibrates from the volume of the music and it is like elephants stomping across the floor.

"Sometimes it sounds like he is playing football in the flat. It makes my lights flicker.

"It is every single night and then gets worse at weekends. I have spoken to Mr Arismendi twice, but all he said was that it was his friend's birthday.

"I realise he needs to celebrate, but I am at the stage now where I have to leave the flat. The noise is unbearable."

The development's two-bedroom apartments, which cost around £800 a month to rent, boast facilities including a gym and sauna.

"I feel like I have no option but to move out. I'm paying a lot of money to live here for a comfortable environment and that's not what I'm getting," Dr Khan added. "I hope he shows more consideration for the next tenant."

Arismendi was signed by Stoke City last summer from Uruguayan champions Nacional for £2.6 million, but has not yet made a league appearance for the club. His only other appearance was against Portsmouth also in the League Cup on October 27.

Arismendi said he was aware of the complaints but insisted: "I don't think I am being noisy."

you can't blame the lad , the developers OBVIOUSLY scrimped on the noise insulation in the ceiling cavity............:wave:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This bloke is going to be BOX OFFICE - awesome

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else remember Naylor "hinting" this could happen absolutely AGES ago? Most wrote it off as 2+2=5 regarding them both being Uruguayan but clearly Naylor knew what he was talking about.

Yeh - Good song :thumbsup:

[yt]lstDdzedgcE [/yt]

Well if we keep Lua Lua as well, our midfield is f***ing brilliant.

Although Navarro has been playing very well, naturally as a defensive midfielder he'll take Navarro's place?

Bennett Dicker Arismendi Crofts Lua Lua :drool:

I LOVE Gus :love:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Sounds great. Well done Bloom and Poyet. It say an emergancy loan? Is this an emergancy, or shall I shut up?

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Get a grip, we've just signed a qulla player.

I'm not being negative, I'm definitely an admirer of Gus and his orchestra of flair and this guy sounds brilliant, just seems we were starting to get a settled team and good team spirit and just hoping none of this is lost.

Great to have so many options i midfield now, hope Gus can man manage well :clap2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
May I be the first one to question this signing.

The midfield are playing well at the moment, and in a rich vein of form and so we want to keep continuity and no-one really deserves to be dropped. Further to this we're not going to go down and we're not going to go up, so lets use this time to try out things with the players we've got. If this guy plays does ok and then goes back to Stoke then what use was it to us?? Unless there is a realistic chance he will come permanantly or on a years loan in the summer I don't see the point. Were we gunning for the play-offs fair enough but we're not.

"DIEGO Arismendi, still adjusting to life away from warmer climes back home in Uruguay, is under close scrutiny from the club psychiatrist after trying to acclimatise to the sudden cold snap by shaving all his hair off."

"Stoke fell behind to Nacer Barazite’s eighth-minute strike but created chances before Diego Arismendi was sent off on 44 minutes for apparently head-butting Arsenal’s Fran Merida."

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
:laugh:
DIEGO Arismendi, still adjusting to life away from warmer climes back home in Uruguay, is under close scrutiny from the club psychiatrist after trying to acclimatise to the sudden cold snap by shaving all his hair off.

I f***ing love anyone under psychiatric review.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

The midfield are playing well at the moment, and in a rich vein of form and so we want to keep continuity and no-one really deserves to be dropped. Further to this we're not going to go down and we're not going to go up, so lets use this time to try out things with the players we've got. If this guy plays does ok and then goes back to Stoke then what use was it to us?? Unless there is a realistic chance he will come permanantly or on a years loan in the summer I don't see the point. Were we gunning for the play-offs fair enough but we're not.

In a way, yes I agree.

But lets enjoy what should be a bloody brilliant signing:clap2:

It might be a sign that he doesn't see Navarro as potential first choice next year in a promotion winning side?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is a FLAIR signing and NO QUESTION! We sound more and more like a top flight EUROPEAN team everyday, I'm even tempted to go to more WITHDEAN games now!!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow

Very good post. I think our midfield is one of the best in this league. but you can always improve on things i quess :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
South American = Flair
Shaved his hair off because he is MENTAL = FLAIR
Head butted an Arsenal player = FLAIR
Pissed off his neighbours by holding house parties = FLAIR
Kept out the Stoke team by Glenn Whelan = FLAIR
£3million rated = FLAIR
White Boots = FLAIR
A blog calling himself a WONDERKID = FLAIR
Nicknamed himself THE DESTROYER = FLAIR

The bomb has been dropped - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Shit your leg off.

This is SO f***ing ACEskills that I am CREAMING myself in anticipation of the first opposition defence he tears to PIECES.

If this is the calibre of player we can expect to be looking at from now on then roll on Summer and Poyet's big spending spree.

Perhaps we should change our nickname to the FLAIRgulls

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus seems to have always rated Navarro - but the fact is that to get promotion next year we'll need better players than those who have played in the last few games - so every position is up for grabs.

If this is just a loan signing, it might be because Lua Lua is going back (very sad news). Can't really see a reason to bring him in otherwise this season. But maybe he hasn't settled at Stoke and they are considering shipping him out - two reserve games and a League Cup appearance do not seem to indicate that he is in their plans. He also sounds like a bit of a Peperami - which whilst big on the flair sclae is not always ideal. Maybe Gus can give him some focus.

Either way - it does show that we are going in the right direction and that Gus will be able to influence players when they are approached by BHA for next season. With Gus' contacts and Tano, The Flair Orchestra could see some more Latin American imports before Sept 2010.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Totally agree. As much as im happy that we signed him, Working out who to drop will be difficult for poyet. (unless as others say , Kazenga is on his way out :cry: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here