Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson to Peterborough - Any truth??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sick to death of loan signings. Few of them are any good, if we'd not made the insane amount of loan signings in the last three or years, players like Virgo, Elphick, Cox, Sullivan, Dickinson would have developed far more. We'll probablye get a striker in on loan, he'll be good for one game, then do f*** all, then go back. Meanwhile youngsters and players we actually own will be deprived of game time or want to move on as they'd not had any backing from the club. Then next season we can sign a load more shit journeymen and loan signings, sack Poyet and start all over again

I know Poyet hates loans - i really think Poyet will build the squad big time this Summer with permanant signings - this really is gonna end up being a transitional season - providing we stay up! I know none of us wanted one of them but it will be...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Fixed, and agreed.

Oi! I don't agree.

Even if Forster is back on board, we need four strikers all capable of stepping into the first team. So we would have Murray,Forster, Holroyd and Hart.

Hart looks like he'll never score another goal and Holroyd is just stepped back into league football. Not enough for me.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm sick to death of loan signings. Few of them are any good, if we'd not made the insane amount of loan signings in the last three or years, players like Virgo, Elphick, Cox, Sullivan, Dickinson would have developed far more. We'll probablye get a striker in on loan, he'll be good for one game, then do f*** all, then go back. Meanwhile youngsters and players we actually own will be deprived of game time or want to move on as they'd not had any backing from the club. Then next season we can sign a load more shit journeymen and loan signings, sack Poyet and start all over again

I think we are all sick of loan signings, however, if they are quality and joining with a view to a transfer in the summer then they will be playing as if they had signed already

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Err when did Dickinson last score?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Wasn't Gus watching Ranger at Newcastle when LuaLua caught his attention?

There must be a new signing in the pipeline.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
How will dicko get in the posh side ahead of their front 3? On the flip side who the bloody hell are we intending to play up front?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Liam Dickinson is joining Peterborough United on loan until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old Salford-born striker will be reunited with former Stockport County boss Jim Gannon at London Road.

Dickinson joined Albion from Derby County in the summer, but has found starting opportunities limited in recent weeks.

Gus Poyet explained, "Liam wants to be playing regularly, and we cannot guarantee him that at this point in time, so it will be good for him to play first-team football under a manager he knows well."

Dickinson enjoyed the best spell of his career under Gannon at Edgeley Park, scoring 35 goals from 68 starts and 38 sub appearances, and helping County to promotion via the League Two playoffs.

He has not quite recaptured that form with Albion, but has managed six goals from 21 senior starts and 11 appearances from the bench.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Maybe their attitude is the problem not their ability :shrug:

Amen to that. Under Poyet he knew his record was doing him no favours, and he still couldn't muster much effort (in terms of chasing down every ball, chasing back for every second ball, and I have never, repeat NEVER seen a taller player put in such idle effort for aerial balls.)

Agree that he HAS talent, but its how you apply yourself and use it that counts.

Not drifting listlessly around a pitch wearing yellow boots.

Wish him well at Peterborough and glad to have his no doubt large wages off the bill for the remainder of the season.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
On the Seagulls website now but nothing on any replacement - it just says he wants first team football - that we can't promise him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here