Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson to Peterborough - Any truth??

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
might make a good winger out of him. he has got no desire to get in the box. Time and time again great balls flash across the penalty area 6/8/10 yards out and he is always ambling outside the penalty box. If he does a good forward pass, he just stands there and admires it

He is however, a remarkably good citizen who helps any big titted lady in distress

Massively agree. The amount of chances he gets is pretty poor for a striker, but remember the balls he whipped in from the right at Orient, very good deliveries. But seeing as how dribbling doesnt seem to be his greatest attribute then not sure about that one either.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
Do we actually want to stay up because we keep getting rid of decent fringe player who could make a different in the business end of the season

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Dicko didn't play Saturday sonif gus was unhappy he probably agreed in the hope he would start?

Fair point. I'm struggling to see what else explains it. I really don't see this as anything to do with getting someone else in. We would get someone in, and then loan Dickenson out not the other way round. Don't really think Forster situation would explain it either.

Let's face it, this has come out of the blue and has happened very suddenly. Bust up still seems most likely explanation to me.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What is he then? Because he's not good at ball to feet either?

He's a languid striker. When things are going well, he'd be a quality player. I don't think he's the type we need, he always seemed a luxury player to me and certainly not my type of player but I do think he's a good player. We never saw the best of him, but maybe that's largely because he only played in a struggling side here, and the fact that we signed ANOTHER player who was used to life up north. It doesn't do you any favours when you're signing people who then have to radically change their lifestyle when they join your club. He hadn't played for Derby, but we paid a large amount for him anyway. It was doomed from the start, in my opinion, because he's not the type of player we needed.

He doesn't lack ability in my opinion, but maybe he does lack commitment and desire for the cause.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I never rated Dickinson from the first time I saw him play.

No real problem with this loan move.

IF, and only IF either Nicky Forster is put back in the squad or we sign someone else.

Having Gary Hart as our goal threat off the bench is a worrying thought...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmm. Probably is not good enough for me, with the Forster situation apparently "still the same".

Erk.

Sounds to me like Poyet knew that Dickinson wasn't in his long term plans and then got a good offer for him from Peterborough. I'm sure he will now look to the loan market but he probably doesn't want to make it too obvious that he's desperate otherwise prices may increase.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I really don't know what to make of this..
I reckon we need another striker in on loan, regardless of whether the Forster situation is resolved. Just look at last season when Muzza and Foz both got injured. We aren't exactly going to be able to rely on OGH and Holroyd up top if this happens again are we? Does anyone know what the situation is regarding recalling players by the way?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
With Dickenson gone, Livermore gone, Davies gone, Tunnicliffe gone, McLard gone, Wright gone (am I forgetting anyone) we have reduced the wage bill considerably.

We MUST be getting a decent striker on loan - and quick.

With the ridiculous Forster situation remaining unresolved, a strike force of Murray and Holroyd is sleepwalking us to League 2.

Whilst I am no great lover of either Dickenson or Davies, IMO both are better options coming off the bench than OGH.

WTF happens if Murray gets injured?

I only hope Gus is going to surprise us with someone decent before Saturday.

Not good. Not good at all.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Poyet 'probably' looking at a loan???????????? I realise that he wants and we need a condensed squad but FOR f*** SAKE we have GARY f***ing HART as our option off the bench? WE NEED GOALS NOT EFFORT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here