Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson to Peterborough - Any truth??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't think it is a spackfest Pal.

It's our most expensive player for years being loaned out while our top goalscorer is out in the cold.

Big Big news

Read my post again. Why is EVERYONE assuming that there isn't a good reason for him being loaned out?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
ASSUMING we get someone else decent in, this doesn't bother me. Dickinson has put in some decent performances, but there simply isn't enough goal threat from him IMHO.

If we don't sign someone before Saturday, this is a stupid move.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Even if the forster situation has been sorted there is no physical option from the bench - thuis would make our tactics very one dimensional - With the strikers we have it will mean 'outfootballing ' teams. Whether it's pretty or not sometimes you need to go long ball (especially with our CB's). We need a physical presence.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm sick to death of loan signings. Few of them are any good, if we'd not made the insane amount of loan signings in the last three or years, players like Virgo, Elphick, Cox, Sullivan, Dickinson would have developed far more. We'll probablye get a striker in on loan, he'll be good for one game, then do f*** all, then go back. Meanwhile youngsters and players we actually own will be deprived of game time or want to move on as they'd not had any backing from the club. Then next season we can sign a load more shit journeymen and loan signings, sack Poyet and start all over again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ASSUMING we get someone else decent in, this doesn't bother me. Dickinson has put in some decent performances, but there simply isn't enough goal threat from him IMHO.

If we don't sign someone before Saturday/sort the Forster situation, this is a stupid move.

Fixed, and agreed.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

If we don't sign someone before Saturday, this is a stupid move.

Only thing im thinking, is why would any club be willing to let one of their top strikers go out on loan? Pretty much every team has something to play for (playoffs/promotion/avoiding relegation) so why would a crucial part of the team be let go? :(

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I love that man so much I went all fuzzy inside when you mentioned his name. If he returns I might actually cry with enjoyment. Go on Gus, get the "goal machine" back so we can go back to making ooh, ooh, sounds when he scores.

He doesnt score goals anymore, i saw him 3 times this season and a whole lot more on telly and he's no where near good enough.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Read my post again. Why is EVERYONE assuming that there isn't a good reason for him being loaned out?

because things are getting wonky round here? i agree with you, but i'd also have expected to hear the good news first, then that Dickenson has been loaned out. as said, its very peculiar a relegation fighting side is loaning players to better teams. even with another player/Forster back in the fold i'd rather keep Dickenson back as cover.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only thing im thinking, is why would any club be willing to let one of their top strikers go out on loan? Pretty much every team has something to play for (playoffs/promotion/avoiding relegation) so why would a crucial part of the team be let go? :(

He's not a "top striker", or a "crucial part of the team".

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
I'm sick to death of loan signings. Few of them are any good, if we'd not made the insane amount of loan signings in the last three or years, players like Virgo, Elphick, Cox, Sullivan, Dickinson would have developed far more. We'll probablye get a striker in on loan, he'll be good for one game, then do f*** all, then go back. Meanwhile youngsters and players we actually own will be deprived of game time or want to move on as they'd not had any backing from the club. Then next season we can sign a load more shit journeymen and loan signings, sack Poyet and start all over again

top post sums it all up for me.:lolol::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here