Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson to Peterborough - Any truth??

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't see anything on Peterborough's website either. Still, if it is true, perhaps Gannon can get him going. I don't think our managerial inconsistencies have helped players like Davies, Dickinson, McNulty, Tunnicliffe etc. Had high hopes for all of them and although I don't rate either Davies or Dickinson at the moment, I can't help thinking they all must have had enough about them to carve out a career in league football prior to coming to us?

Would be nice to get some money back on those players if Gus doesn't want them.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Is the Cox rumour true ? Is this one true ?

If we were not in the position we are in I think Dickenson to Peterborough would be good. He is OK but if we get the £300K back I think we could use the money better.

What is confusing is that Carole looks crap and Cox is a much better attacking option on the left (and Lua Lua is only here for a month).

And up front we have no muscle if Dickenson goes. I have said every team needs a big nuisance up front - I think there are a lot of strikers who can do the job better than Dicko , Kandol ? But if there is no replacement it would be madness to let him go now ??

I am getting concerned.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't follow this at all. I actually rate Dickinson. I think he is one of the few good footballers we have at the club.

interesting that out on "loan" now is Davies, Dickinson Tunnicliff and Cox....all who I would have thought merit a place in our side at the moment...or certainly decent subs to come on.

What I don't understand is we are finding it hard to score goals, yet we have sent out on loan, Davies and now possibly Dickinson, Cox and are in dispute with Forster. Murray is hardly prolific and Holroyd is " one for the future"...that doesn't really leave much fire power to get us out of this mire.

I suppose Gus knows what he is doing though, so probably for Dickinson that is an excellent move

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope its not true, think we have a good but raw player in Dickinson. We leave us very short up front

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I don't follow this at all. I actually rate Dickinson. I think he is one of the few good footballers we have at the club.

interesting that out on "loan" now is Davies, Dickinson Tunnicliff and Cox....all who I would have thought merit a place in our side at the moment...or certainly decent subs to come on.

What I don't understand is we are finding it hard to score goals, yet we have sent out on loan, Davies and now possibly Dickinson, Cox and are in dispute with Forster. Murray is hardly prolific and Holroyd is " one for the future"...that doesn't really leave much fire power to get us out of this mire.

I suppose Gus knows what he is doing though, so probably for Dickinson that is an excellent move

Good point well made. His movement off the ball, and interchanging play is very good, but his finishing has been poor this season as well as his aerial ability considering his size. But if he was perfect he wouldnt be here, he'd be playing in a much higher league! As you say, leaves us very short up front if true, especially if Forster still doesnt want to stay.
All of the players leaving are very strong squad players, and by them leaving we will resort to more and more loanees, and we all know about the trouble that can cause.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure Gus rates him to be honest, otherwise he would be starting games. Can only see that he is going out on loan cos we are about to bring one in. If not our matchday strike force consists of Murray, Holdroyd and Hart.

Alternative, could be that the Mirror has got iits wires crossed and its Forster on loan?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why is no one thinking that maybe the Forster situation is being resolved?

Murray, Forster and Holroyd would do me alright, plus another in on loan and I'd be happy.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He must be really pissed that some non league up start who has never played in this league before has dropped right into 'his' spot as third choice (second now NF has gone) considering he is mr big boots from derby who has failed to produce anything since he went to derby for 750K (f*** knows why he wasnt that special before hand, makes murray for 250k look like a right coup)

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If this is true then it does sound rather strange. To only have two first team strikers to consider for selection would be crazy.

Maybe somebody is coming in on-loan? But who ever comes in will have to be better than Dickinson and therefore why haven't they joined Peterborough on loan??

One point of note. We didn't pay anything like £300k for Dickinson, this is another NSC made up figure. It was around £100k with lots of add ons, based on games goals and promotion etc

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's gone, bizarre, if anything I thought he'd be League 2 bound.

Not a massive loss due to him not being great but in terms of numbers we now have a problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here