Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker / Tunnicliffe update ... "Poised to sign"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I didn't like him before he started playing last season, I couldn't believe we kept signing the guy! I couldn't believe he kept getting contracts...

Eh? He was at his best then and has been a shadow of his former self since then. He was much better than Virgo and much better than HArding and would have been our greatest asset (of the three) if he did not have the dodgy knees.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Kuipers
Mcnulty Elphick Tunnicliffe Virgo
Wright Dicker Cox ?????
Forster ?????

Is it me or is this season looking better already :clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kuipers
Mcnulty Elphick Tunnicliffe Virgo
Wright Dicker Cox ?????
Forster ?????

Is it me or is this season looking better already :clap:

We need another Keeper ( a number 1 ), a centre midfielder, a left midfielder and a striker. That said it is beginning to take shape and leaves ne pretty confident that we'll be ready for August!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Tunnicliffe rated at £750,000 by County before he has even kicked a ball for the first team!

Liverpool have opted against signing Stockport starlet James Tunnicliffe after he failed to impress Rafa Benitez.

The 16-year-old defender had been on trial at Anfield for two weeks in a bid to impress the European Champions, but did not do enough to warrant the completion of a pre-arranged £750,000 deal.

Tunnicliffe was handed an extra week with The Reds in order for Spanish tactician Benitez to cast his eye over the youngster, but he will now return to The Hatters for their League Two campaign.

The stopper is yet to make his first team bow, although Hatters boss Chris Turner believes his time at Anfield can only serve to help foster the development of the promising player.

"He's had two weeks with them but he's staying with us," said Turner.

"It has been a fantastic experience for him and I'm sure it'll benefit both the player and Stockport County.

"He trains with our first team at the moment and doesn't look out of place at the age of 16 so you can imagine how highly we regard him."

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Very good news, interested to see who will start cb next season, cant see Tunnicliffe, Elphick or Virgo wanting to be benchwarmers.
Lord Virgo can and will play anwhere he's asked to, all sounds good to me - trust all the normal doomsayers are cheering up a bit now, decent replacement for Murray would be nice next....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think Stockport fans should appreciate the fact that we have basically staved off them getting wound up rather than moan we are poaching their players. I honestly feel for them given our history but they have to face facts and admit that the current fire sale of players to raise funds is the only option.

Yeah, part of me feels a bit out of order for picking their pocket whent they're knocked out, but at the end of the day they need money to stay alive and if it wasn't us someone else would be doing it.

Hopefully they'll pull through.

P.S Can everyone stop banging on about Hinsh, we've just signed a defender who is by all accounts far superior to an injury ravaged Hinshelwood. He's gone, that's football I'm afraid.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Good news although I must admit I'm surprised about Tunnicliffe as assumed RS would have signed an experienced centre back. But rated very highly so we'll see.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I like the the fact that we are signing relatively young players (hopefully on their way up) rather than last summer where we signed players whose best days were generally behind them.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any idea how much Tunnicliffe is costing. If we get him for $150k as I read elsewhere & sell Lynch for $500k then I think we've done well.

That would be a brilliant piece of business. Now if we can do the same up front with Murray then we're sorted. :clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A post on the Stockport forum (which broke this news on the 22nd) claims the fee is 175k with the potential to rise up to 300k.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hinshwelwood isn't particuarly experienced, as he has spent 3 years injured.

He isn't tall enough, and he is no longer quick enough.

We aren't going to get rid of Hawking or El-abd until some mug takes them.

This signing - GOOD news. You being serious sums your ridiculous opinions up.
Even i'm pleased.

oh my god...I don't believe it - for once I completely agree with you!!! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here