Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker / Tunnicliffe update ... "Poised to sign"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just a thought............but even with McNulty injured we now have enough players to put out a full team AND a full bench of substitutes :clap2:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
A few years ago Hinsh was one of our best players, however with the injuries and subsequent lack of training with the will he won't he injure himself doubt, i think its best for everyone if he leaves the club. Its a shame he didn't become the great player we thought he could. But that is how football works. We have a new Hinsh now and its this new kiddie.

Lets be happy. I haven't seen Albion spend this much on players this good ever!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good news if they do both sign.....now lets get rid of the lads who don't wish to stay and get replacements for them as well....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really good signings (waits for final confirmation)...

We all know Dicker will be a key member of our re-built (and it needed to be) midfield...

And this Tunnicliffe sounds like a fantastic signing... anyone who has an extended trial at Liverpool, even if it didn't work out in the end, has to be very, very good at our level...

Now, IMHO, we also need:

Another keeper
Whing to sign (or replacement)
An attacking central midfielder
A left-winger
A centre forward
A replacement for Glenn if he leaves

BW

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

We all know Dicker will be a key member of our re-built (and it needed to be) midfield...

And this Tunnicliffe sounds like a fantastic signing... anyone who has an extended trial at Liverpool, even if it didn't work out in the end, has to be very, very good at our level...

Now, IMHO, we also need:

Another keeper
A left-winger
A centre forward

BW

+ cover at left back

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Now, IMHO, we also need:

Another keeper
A left-winger
A centre forward

BW

I would agree with that and add a left back (as Severnside Gull said) and another central midfielder to provide competition to Dicker and the new signing (otherwise you just have Livermore as back up). That comes to 11 new signings in total though so we probably won't sign all of those. If the further new signings are of similar quality to the ones we have signed to date then I will be very pleased.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, has been suggested, Jim McNulty will be back at the end of August I am sure that we could 'get by' with what we have ie El Abd Livermore or even bring in a loan for 1 month but would agree that we need a replacement in case of injury or suspension. Sign Mayo on 1 month renewable contract?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Sign Mayo on 1 month renewable contract?

NOOOOOOOO

Seriously, why would we sign a player who didn't get hardly featured last year. If we need to cover the period until McNulty is fit get in a loan player or cover that position from within the squad.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I would agree with that and add a left back (as Severnside Gull said) and another central midfielder to provide competition to Dicker and the new signing (otherwise you just have Livermore as back up). That comes to 11 new signings in total though so we probably won't sign all of those. If the further new signings are of similar quality to the ones we have signed to date then I will be very pleased.

You're probably right about the 11 figure but this would do me:

Another keeper
A left-winger
A centre forward

BW

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NOOOOOOOO

Seriously, why would we sign a player who didn't get hardly featured last year. If we need to cover the period until McNulty is fit get in a loan player or cover that position from within the squad.

Which is what I have suggested but added, a bit tongue in cheek, about Mayo who probably wouldnt let us down for a few games but couldnt be relied upon for any long period or number of games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're probably right about the 11 figure but this would do me:

Another keeper
A left-winger
A centre forward

BW

We have signed the left winger from MK Dons.

Signing Tunnicliffe who can apparently play in the centre or right back.

Centre forward/replacement for Glen Murray would be one and the same, if he goes before January.

Down to just a goalkeeper and attacking midfield which is a feasible number of new signings.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Only THREE players signed so far.

Not good enough.

Sack the board :jester:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
their fans think we are in for 3 more of their squad

2 forwards (Johnson & Thompson) and 1 midfielder (Mainwaring) :blush:

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Talking to a mate who supports Stockport, Tunnicliffe handed in a transfer request and has turned down Wolves and Leeds so far this pre season, This is a f***ing brilliant signing :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here