Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker / Tunnicliffe update ... "Poised to sign"

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Talking to a mate who supports Stockport, Tunnicliffe handed in a transfer request and has turned down Wolves and Leeds so far this pre season, This is a f***ing brilliant signing :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

thats seems too good to be true.. why would he turn down them?

who is this aaron davies bloke, i searched him in wikipedia and it came back with god...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wright is a right winger, I believe... and I would switch Whing (if he signs) to the left until McNulty is fit... Tunnicliffe (assuming he signs today) can play RB as well as CD...

Also, RS was looking for another forward before Murray put in his transfer request, so I believe we will go after two strikers if Murray goes...

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
No news yet, how long does it take to have a bloody medical SACK THE HOSPITAL :angry:

I do think it's quite strange that we haven't heard anything yet. Do you think we are saying it is more of a 'done deal' than it actually is because the story came out before we wanted it to (from Stockport) and we want to put off other clubs?

Or am I reading way too much into it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I do think it's quite strange that we haven't heard anything yet. Do you think we are saying it is more of a 'done deal' than it actually is because the story came out before we wanted it to (from Stockport) and we want to put off other clubs?

reading way too much into it.
They had to travel down which was probably this morning, get an appointment at who knows where, have the medical and go for a bit of lunch. Not just a hand in a delicate place and cough is it!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

This is what concerned me as well. Tunnicliffe by all accounts is probably worth a lot more than we are gonna pay for him so is bound to interest other clubs.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Albion sign duo

2:26pm Thursday 25th June 2009
By Brian Owen »

Albion have completed the signing of Stockport County duo Gary Dicker and James Tunnicliffe.
Midfielder Dicker has joined the Seagulls on a two-year deal while 6ft 4in defender Tunnicliffe has signed a three-year contract.
The pair have been snapped up for an undisclosed fee.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must say, this season promises to be a good one. Fresh from somehow turning the season around, RS has quietly gone about looking for talented players and is actually making some tidy signings relatively early in the close season.

It's in direct contrast to what Huddersfield are doing, which seems a bit crass to me. It's also miles better than filling your team with cloggers who have "done a job" in the past or sitting on your arse and waiting for the left overs to become available in mid August.

What a refreshing change.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Duo Sign on Dotted Line
Posted on: Thu 25 Jun 2009

By Tim Dudding

Stockport County duo Gary Dicker and James Tunnicliffe put pen to paper this afternoon following their medicals at the training ground.

Tunnicliffe has signed for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract, while Dicker, who is a free transfer, has a two year deal.

Seagulls boss Russell Slade is delighted to have closed the deals following lengthy negotiations with Stockport's administrators.

Slade said, "Today is the product of a lot of hard work that has gone into securing these two signings, and we're delighted to have captured the two boys.

"The fans will already know about Gary. We only suffered one defeat while he was with us last season and he played a massive part in us staying up.

"All the players warmed to him, as did the fans, and the more he played the more influential he became.

"Tunnicliffe has been watched by a number of clubs at a high level, but we were prepared to offer a fee and that was accepted.

"He has huge potential. He's only 20, and covers the ground well for someone so tall.

"His feet are improving all the time, he has an enormous throw, and he's the type of person and player that will be high on our agenda as we look to increase the squad."

Dicker began his career at University College Dublin, before moving to Edgeley Park in May 2007. Helping County win promotion to League One in 2008, Dicker went on to make 68 appearances in total, before joining Albion's relegation dogfight at the end of March.

He made nine outings during his loan spell, scoring once in the 3-2 defeat to Swindon Town.

Meanwhile, having come through the youth ranks at Edgeley Park, Tunnicliffe made his first team debut aged just 16. After enjoying a loan spell at Blue Square Premier side Northwich Victoria in 2007, he cemented a regular first team place with Stockport last season, playing against the Seagulls in the 2-0 win in November.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
excellent

what a result getting dicker on a free. I doubt that they have a sell on for Tunni as Stockport will want cash up front to clear debts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here