Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker / Tunnicliffe update ... "Poised to sign"

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Great to have Dicker back. Midfield is starting to take shape with him, Wright and Cox. All we need now is a midfield partner for Dicker and its looking good in the middle.

Tunnicliffe sounds like a fantastic signing. Only 20 and a tall, commanding centre half. Will be interesting to see who plays but it is great to have some strength in depth.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Great to have Dicker back. Midfield is starting to take shape with him, Wright and Cox. All we need now is a midfield partner for Dicker and its looking good in the middle.

Tunnicliffe sounds like a fantastic signing. Only 20 and a tall, commanding centre half. Will be interesting to see who plays but it is great to have some strength in depth.

Godd point re strength and depth. I can't see El-Abd getting too many games next season, which is no bad thing.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Two great signings, very pleased!

As for the CB pairing next season.. I'm hoping Tunnicliffe has a bit of pace, as although Elphick and Virgo were forming quite a good CB partnership towards the end of last season, I think that is the one thing they both lack.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Godd point re strength and depth. I can't see El-Abd getting too many games next season, which is no bad thing.

I don't think he will play at centre half much but he is quite a useful player to have on the bench as he can play across the defence. Will probably be back up in central defence, right back and central midfield. I imagine Hawkins will be allowed to leave now though (if someone wants him).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For someone who likes to portray an apparent knowledge of the understadings of the game you don't half talk some shit. Our best, most consistant and most valuable CB from the past 2 years, yeah lets just stick him at RB

A lot of players start at one position as a youngster but it is then realised that they are sometimes better in another position. If you do not try it you will never know.

Mark Lawrenson was arguably one of the best central defenders in the world but Liverpool tried him in midfield and he was a success as was Ray Kennedy who played for Arsenal as an old fashioned inside forward but Liverpool converted him to midfield. It would not do any harm to try Elphick at full back in a practice or friendly match it may work or it may not.

This seems as if it is hypothetical as apparently Tunnicliffe can play right back.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate to take advantage of another team's financial woes...but isn't their goalkeeper supposed to be quite tidy too?

Young, decent experience, and already a Welsh international. Maybe he'll be aiming higher than League One, I don't know.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I hate to take advantage of another team's financial woes...but isn't their goalkeeper supposed to be quite tidy too?

Young, decent experience, and already a Welsh international. Maybe he'll be aiming higher than League One, I don't know.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Also would be available quite cheap.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Owain Fon Williams is the bloke I was thinking of.

At what point, however, would we have to start feeling guilty for cannibalising Stockport County? McNulty, Dicker, Tunnicliffe, plus we also tried to buy their manager last season.

I bet their fans love us right now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love Owain Fon Williams. :love:

I am FURIOUS about Tunnicliffe though, he could be world class for all I care, I'm pissed off because Hinshelwood was dumped and then we go and sign a new centre back who won't be anywhere near as experienced or, in my opinion, as good! And we've still got Hawkins and El-Bad! :rant:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Owain Fon Williams is the bloke I was thinking of.

At what point, however, would we have to start feeling guilty for cannibalising Stockport County? McNulty, Dicker, Tunnicliffe, plus we also tried to buy their manager last season.

I bet their fans love us right now.

Even though we do seem to be taking a fair amount of their players, we're giving them money which could see them survive so hopefully they will kind of respect us in a way.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

I am FURIOUS about Tunnicliffe though, he could be world class for all I care, I'm pissed off because Hinshelwood was dumped and then we go and sign a new centre back who won't be anywhere near as experienced or, in my opinion, as good! And we've still got Hawkins and El-Bad! :rant:

Won't be anywhere near as good? This guy had trials at Liverpool and rejected Southampton, so obviously teams can see what potential he has.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

..So he could be world class, but still wouldn't be as good as Hinsh? How does that work? :smokin:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

I was a big fan of Hinshelwood. But Tunicliffe looks to be class. The Stockport fans on their forum all seemed pretty devestated at the news and they said he's potentially one of the best centre backs they've ever had.

I for one am excited:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Hinshwelwood isn't particuarly experienced, as he has spent 3 years injured.

He isn't tall enough, and he is no longer quick enough.

We aren't going to get rid of Hawking or El-abd until some mug takes them.

This signing - GOOD news. You being serious sums your ridiculous opinions up.
Even i'm pleased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here