Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott MP.... Racist?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Eh?
Why bring race into it at all, are all her voters of one colour and race?

What I'm saying is that if she makes such sweeping generalizations then it can easily be construed as a racist comment. Why she has brought race in to it at all is down to the twitter comments she was responding to I guess.

What I'm saying is that if she makes such sweeping generalizations then it can easily be construed as a racist comment. Why she has brought race in to it at all is down to the twitter comments she was responding to I guess.

I see your point - I'm not aware of the context of those twitter comments, but we're in agreement here - going to a racial reference like that is revealing, even if drawn into it by the conversation at hand.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think she meant command and conquer.... great game

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dont be bloody stupid.

As a white mulleted guy in the 80's I was stopped so often that I needed go to the police station to ask what it was all about.

Never really got an answer and forgot to tag this experience to some sort of prejudice or racism.

In actual fact looking back the police were probably using their own prejudices, age, type of car, time I was driving it etc. and I am guessing the police are using a similar criteria now when you or your colleagues are stopped.

It is hardly confirmation that racism is at work here.

Im not being stupid...I have NEVER been in a car with white people that has been stopped by the police for no obvious reason...and I repeat...never.....its happened countless times when ive been with other races....that does not make me stupid....and yeah, you hit the nail on the head...prejudices....the best being our family in a car outside a church in S.London at 10:00 on a Sunday morning and preparing to get out of the car to enter the Church....having a police car draw up next to us, and enquire what we were doing?....

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Im not being stupid...I have NEVER been in a car with white people that has been stopped by the police for no obvious reason...and I repeat...never.....its happened countless times when ive been with other races....that does not make me stupid....and yeah, you hit the nail on the head...prejudices.

I used to get stopped all the time when I was a teenager. I am white and was driving my mums Astra, apparently they are are easy to steal and me and my mates looked like joy riders

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Cameron & Clegg 'posh White boys'...clearly thinks it all the time but only says it sone times...Intstant dismissal

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Its not racist. The only way it can be called racist is if you apply the hyper sensitive, PC gone mad, take offence to anything that in any way mentions colour/gender/sexual orientation/taste for marmite/etc, crap that people like her preach at every given opportunity.

If it was a white person saying it about black people then yes there would be a massive uproar but only because there are so many people like her to do the complaining.

She should be held to account for being a massive hypocrite but to call her racist is to be as pathetic as she is.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What happened to all the white people on this board who are always complaining about "PC"..... they seem to be the most vocal here.

Personally, I think she has been an idiot here and at other times, however to deny she fights racism, in fact, any non white politician in the UK, is a bit silly...

kano

Jun 17, 2011
What happened to all the white people on this board who are always complaining about "PC"..... they seem to be the most vocal here.

Personally, I think she has been an idiot here and at other times, however to deny she fights racism, in fact, any non white politician in the UK, is a bit silly...

ehem

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont be bloody stupid.

As a white mulleted guy in the 80's I was stopped so often that I needed go to the police station to ask what it was all about.

Never really got an answer and forgot to tag this experience to some sort of prejudice or racism.

In actual fact looking back the police were probably using their own prejudices, age, type of car, time I was driving it etc.

Naah.

I reckon it was probably the mullet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here