Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott MP.... Racist?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Clearly a crass, stupid and totally mindless thing to say. I'm sure it can be claased as racist despite it being such a ridiculously laughable thing to say.

I can't stand her - not because of her gender, or colour, but simply because she presents arguments as if she has the brain of an amoeba.

She was also the very first person i encountered in my professional life who used the phrase 'do you know who I am' when I needed to check something about her.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm totally underwhelmed by all this and I just feel sorry for all the closet white racists who are pouring out of their little white castles who are blubbering and claiming to be so offended. This tosh is going to be all over the media clogging the airwaves and forum boards when there are far bigger issues to discuss.

I am massively offended by this remark and I am of mixed race.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some black women are fat and have big gobs and send their children to certain schools contradicting their public views on education.

But not all of them of course.
Yes. Do you think she found a private school that was made up of mostly wholesome black kids who are taught to and indeed do recognise how fortunate they are, or did she send them to one with lots of white kids who are obviously not taught that way, but instead indoctrinated with the whole "divide and rule" ethic so as to keep her kids as downtrodden as possible?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I'm totally underwhelmed by all this and I just feel sorry for all the closet white racists who are pouring out of their little white castles who are blubbering and claiming to be so offended. This tosh is going to be all over the media clogging the airwaves and forum boards when there are far bigger issues to discuss.

you're probably right to an extent. is diane abbot a genuine racist? NO.

but is she guilty of using lazy, generalist language about a race. YES. and as a politician speaking within a day of the Lawrence sentencing it's a frankly incredible lack of common sense, and is a little tasteless.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
She has followed up with

"Tweet taken out of context. Refers to nature of 19th century European colonialism. Bit much to get into 140 characters."

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But it isn't just closet white racists who are offended by this. It is mainstream white Brits, like the majority of this thread.

It's not tosh. It's time people like Diane Abbott were called to account for their stupid racist remarks.
Spot on. I dislike all forms of intolerance and bigotry, and I think it's especially bad (and VERY depressing) when espoused by public figures such as Abbott. Ignorant twats such as Derbygull and his intellectual counterparts in the EDL I can live with. Abbott has no excuse for being so wickedly divisive.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Tweet taken out of context. Refers to nature of 19th century European colonialism. Bit much to get into 140 characters.

Mong, she could have just used 2 tweets to say what she meant

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I'm not offended by it but it does stink of double standards.

If a white person had made such a sweeping generalisation about another race you pinkos would be going into overdrive.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
She has followed up with

"Tweet taken out of context. Refers to nature of 19th century European colonialism. Bit much to get into 140 characters."

Perhaps Twitter isn't the best forum to be discussing such things then, stupid BINT.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
What was the context for the comment out of interest?

she says she was talking about what colonial europeans done in the 15th/16th/17th centurieswhen exploring the new world.

to be fair, when you put it like that, i'll agree

but she complains about not having enough characters, the least she could have said europeans instead of white people.

besides, it's not as if europeans were the only eople up to this business. Mezoamerican tribes in the 15th century did as much dividing and conquering, if a little bit less. And I'm not sure but in the African Continent...Zimbabwe, Uganda, Congo, Sierra Leone, Libya, Egypt...have been dividing and conquering their own people!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Of course it's racist, I'm not offended because she's an idiot who has gone as far as she has partly because she is black, I'd be gutted if a black person I admire said it .
I must admit I've stuck up for her in the past, especially (as I've said before) that she was a black person who said that our obsession with trying not to give offence was ridiculous. But I have to admit you were right and I was wrong, she IS basically just Nick Griffin in a frock.

I'm not offended by it but it does stink of double standards.

If a white person had made such a sweeping generalisation about another race you pinkos would be going into overdrive.

And rightly so, no-one in a place of social leadership ought to be harbouring such stupid generalisations let alone expressing them.
Obviously there are those that still are wading through an outdated quagmire of negative fascination with skin pigment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not offended, but feel frustrated at the hypocrisy of her comments.

I wonder if how I feel is how the vast majority of black people feel when they hear quite low level 'racist' remarks, picked up so vehemently by some groups.

Sometimes I wonder if it is the outraged liberal 'white' that seem to be more offended than whom a remark should really offend.

Maybe irrespective of race we are all getting along quite well really.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what she says because all BLACK people live in mud huts and kill each other with spears and eat each other.

Please don't take this post out of context as I'm ONLY referring to Central Africa in the 16th century, but I couldn't be bothered to write all that. Oh wait a minute, I just did. FUC............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here