Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott MP.... Racist?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Another pearl of wisdom from Diane Abbott:

"West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children."

- obviously white mums wouldn't would they Diane.

there may be another, deeper racism there, against African parents.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If I call her an attention seeking, bandwagon jumping bitch does that make me sexist ?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
She really is a stupid cow. She should know better than to make such preposterous remarks.

f*** off is that racist. She's got a point, it wasn't black people who went round the globe killing or displacing every non-white they came into contact with and forcing them to live the white way.

Neither was it every white person. It's a ridiculous generalisation of an entire race of people. Is it offensive? No, frankly it's laughable. However I think it might be termed 'racist' in this day and age, so low is the bar.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
f*** off is that racist. She's got a point, it wasn't black people who went round the globe killing or displacing every non-white they came into contact with and forcing them to live the white way.

If anything, that is more offensive and racist than what she said, and she is a MASSIVE racist and always has been

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

and forcing Christianity down their throats. but global colonisation isnt dividing anyone, they are already seperate cultures and nations, so you've missed the point entirely.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Another pearl of wisdom from Diane Abbott:

"West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children."

and more

describing David Cameron and Nick Clegg as 'two posh white boys'.

saying that "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" in her local hospital were unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm totally underwhelmed by all this and I just feel sorry for all the closet white racists who are pouring out of their little white castles who are blubbering and claiming to be so offended. This tosh is going to be all over the media clogging the airwaves and forum boards when there are far bigger issues to discuss.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I am disappointed but not entirely surprised to read of Diane Abbott's latest comments. For such an experienced MP and spokesperson for racial matters she is rather prone to gaffs. Having watched her performances as a resident political analyst on BBC 'This Week' in recent years I increasingly found she had difficulty expressing herself and rarely won any debates with Portillo. Her credibility on representing under priviledged communities is always vulnerable given the private schooling of her kid.

However on this occasion she must be aware of how her comments would be interpreted so now appears mischeivous and provocative to say the least.

On Newsnight earlier this week I thought she missed an opportunity to present some constructive views on how to move forward in the wake of the Stephen Lawrence convictions but she mainly focused on backward looking issues. I view her as an opportunist without substantial ideas. Not surprised she failed as a candidate for Labour leader. I thought Paxman showed great restraint when he could have challenged her on serveral points.

Can't help but feel if a non-Black political commentator made similar remarks there would be an outcry, so will be interested to see where this one goes next - or will it just get buried in the 'inconvenient' box? Most decent people want to see an equal society where everyone is treated fairly and with dignity irrespective of race etc but also I think there is a growing desire to see a more level playing field when the inappropriate behaviour or comments come from a minority. The other concern is that this matter is only a distraction from the more serious issues out of the Lawrence case.

What with the Suarez thing the whole race issue is building up nicely ahead of the John Terry case. Can see him getting really hammered by the legal system if the evidence stands up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm totally underwhelmed by all this and I just feel sorry for all the closet white racists who are pouring out of their little white castles who are blubbering and claiming to be so offended. This tosh is going to be all over the media clogging the airwaves and forum boards when there are far bigger issues to discuss.
But it isn't just closet white racists who are offended by this. It is mainstream white Brits, like the majority of this thread.

It's not tosh. It's time people like Diane Abbott were called to account for their stupid racist remarks.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Now I know why your name kept coming up in the most disliked poster thread.

You think you are clever when you are actually just racist.

The extreme left are no better than the extreme right. I wish you would both piss off and let the rest of us live in a world where we are all equal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But it isn't just closet white racists who are offended by this. It is mainstream white Brits, like the majority of this thread.

It's not tosh. It's time people like Diane Abbott were called to account for their stupid racist remarks.

Come off it Simster, are you really so wounded ? I thought you were a lot tougher than that ? Beware, The Rev Jesse Jackson is in town so be careful your poor little ears don't hear something else that make you cry.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some black women are fat and have big gobs and send their children to certain schools contradicting their public views on education.

But not all of them of course.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Come off it Simster, are you really so wounded ? I thought you were a lot tougher than that ? Beware, The Rev Jesse Jackson is in town so be careful your poor little ears don't hear something else that make you cry.
I'm not wounded, Veggie old bean, and wouldn't give it a moment's thought if this thread just disappeared. But I am just a little f***ed off that she thinks that sort of comment is acceptable.

It's not a case of "what if a white person said that about blacks" like there is some terrible racial injustice out there, it's simply that it is an unpleasant, completely incorrect and racist thing to say and she shouldn't be able to talk such drivel with impunity.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Of course it's racist, I'm not offended because she's an idiot who has gone as far as she has partly because she is black, I'd be gutted if a black person I admire said it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here