Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott MP.... Racist?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I am not offended by her or her remarks. I would expect her to be repremanded and slapped down by the labour party as that is what happens in the conservative party when a tory is caught spouting stupid.

Like thats going to happen, and that is the Reason the BNP thrive and have credability.

Official labour party spokesmans

We disagree with Diane's tweet. It is wrong to make sweeping generalisations about any race, creed, or culture. The Labour party has always campaigned against such behaviour

Also

Shadow Business Secretary Mr Umunna told the BBC: "Ed Miliband has spoken to her this morning and made it very clear in no uncertain terms that the contents of the tweet were unacceptable.

"If Diane believed the words as they were expressed and she had not apologised then Ed Miliband would obviously have taken the requisite action.

Shame the truth doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes I agree and I should have expanded my last comment. This whole conversation is about racism or perceived racism in the UK. I didn't think it was relevant to draw from other conflicts around the world as a way of lessening a discussion point.

I think it's relevant due to a black woman living in the UK using an example of something done 200 years ago by white people when she could use a much more recent example of black people doing the very same thing.

Her comments indicate she's suggesting only white people undertake the actions she's attributed to white people, which of course is racist and incorrect.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It more proves what idiots were on the beat at the time or in the least those directing them to do so.

That's some indepth profiling they had going on there, must have pulled over a shitload of Scots in that time.

It was Kumquat who concluded it was racial profiling as to the reason of him being stopped because of his ginger hair = Irish = IRA.

I am not convinced that he was ever actually pulled over for the colour of his hair, after all that would be gingerism, which we all know is the next taboo.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Official labour party spokesmans

We disagree with Diane's tweet. It is wrong to make sweeping generalisations about any race, creed, or culture. The Labour party has always campaigned against such behaviour

Also

Shadow Business Secretary Mr Umunna told the BBC: "Ed Miliband has spoken to her this morning and made it very clear in no uncertain terms that the contents of the tweet were unacceptable.

"If Diane believed the words as they were expressed and she had not apologised then Ed Miliband would obviously have taken the requisite action.

Shame the truth doesn't fit in with your agenda.

I wasn't aware of this but its a good start. Maybe Labour are beginning to realise they have pissed on the white working class and have been sussed out bigtime.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
f*** off is that racist. She's got a point, it wasn't black people who went round the globe killing or displacing every non-white they came into contact with and forcing them to live the white way.

.. the point of which is completely irrelevant anyway.

She was responding to someone questioning whether is it appropriate in modern Britian to assume that the views of one race or religion can be channeled through just a few people. Particular when "black" can used to describe immigrants from a wide variety of countries as well as people who have lived here for generations.

It's worthy of debate and I'm not entirely sure why she felt the need to respond with the whites divide and conquer statement EVEN if she was referring to the 16th century.

Frankly within the context of the discussion she was having it was irrelevant.

I don't think she has a racist bone in her body (and her record shows that), but you do have to question her judgement. The largest group on demographic lines in her constituency describe themselves as White British. What with it being one of the poorest boroughs in London, I'd imagine a fair number of them haven't had much opportunity to divide and conquer anyone.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If a white person said this, OB would be all over them like a flash.
Yep thats spot on and thats why i get fu*ked off with this whole racist stuff.If it was a white person it would be all over the papers and an arrest would happen and they would be sacked.

Whites can't win:(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
She and her ilk (personality not colour) sums up the Labour party. No longer a party for the working class. And there writes a tory.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
surely this is not the first time Dianne Abbott has been regarded as a possible racist? She is a horrible racist. I am surprised she has not started a "black politicians society". A loathsome individual.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I used to get stopped all the time when I was a teenager. I am white and was driving my mums Astra, apparently they are are easy to steal and me and my mates looked like joy riders

I got stopped 7 times by the same asian policeman in my first year of driving. Oddly enough, I didn't cry racism, i just thought he was a ****.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
f*** off is that racist. She's got a point, it wasn't black people who went round the globe killing or displacing every non-white they came into contact with and forcing them to live the white way.

You are either stupid or a teenage wind up, perhaps both. You post drivel whenever you post anything.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
surely this is not the first time Dianne Abbott has been regarded as a possible racist? She is a horrible racist. I am surprised she has not started a "black politicians society". A loathsome individual.

When the coalition announced that they were going to make cuts in the public sector Dianne abbott came out and said ' Can't you lay of white people first'. It seems she's not learnt her lesson and can still come out with racist remarks and all she has to do is say ' sorry'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yep thats spot on and thats why i get fu*ked off with this whole racist stuff.If it was a white person it would be all over the papers and an arrest would happen and they would be sacked.

Whites can't win:(

Has nothing to do with what white people and what they can and can't say. Simply a stupid politician putting he mouth in it, again, again and again.

Anyway, no-one is going to get arrested for saying "the blacks LOVE divide and conquer" are they ? It doesn't actually make sense. Neither does her comment to he honest.

Not sure what your "whites can't win" comment means either. Has your colour EVER been a barrier to anything ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
whats worse?

dianne abbott and her racist comments or the tory bloke who went to a fancy dress party as hitler?

and he got sacked for it

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As much as I don't agree with her making generalisations like this I think it must be kept in mind that when making these comments about white people there isn't the historical weight of meaning stemming from the slave trade and years of oppression around the world that black people suffered. So really it is not as simple as swapping the word white for the word black becausue those two words do not have the same historical, social and political meaning.

Having said that she is wrong to make comments like these.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When the coalition announced that they were going to make cuts in the public sector Dianne abbott came out and said ' Can't you lay of white people first'. It seems she's not learnt her lesson and can still come out with racist remarks and all she has to do is say ' sorry'

She didn't say that at all. It's just the way is was reported by some sources.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Has nothing to do with what white people and what they can and can't say. Simply a stupid politician putting he mouth in it, again, again and again.

Anyway, no-one is going to get arrested for saying "the blacks LOVE divide and conquer" are they ? It doesn't actually make sense. Neither does her comment to he honest.

Not sure what your "whites can't win" comment means either. Has your colour EVER been a barrier to anything ?
this :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here