Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

if they have any sense they are - Dick knight said in his interview after dean was sacked - the club was moving forward at a very quick pace - so far we have given a keeper who has been here 8 years a two year contract - brought a manager back that left us for a premier league club - is looking at the released list maybe to bring some back - what are we travelling in then - a robin reliant?

f***-do you ever have anything positive to say? All you do is unleash tirade after tirade against Dick Knight? You are like Ernest-f***ing boring, churning out the same old shit and well past your sell by date.

So we shouldn't give contracts to players who've been here 8 years? What planet are you from? Maybe you should advise Fergie at ManUre-he seems to give contracts to players who've been there more than 8 years. Still, what does he know compared to you-our very own football genius?

Where has it been said Adams is looking to bring back people who were released? Simple question-even you should be able to answer it with The Truth. I think the truth here is that he said he would review all players who were released and I believe he also said that he will not be bringing any of them back. Seems like the actions of somebody who knows what he's doing.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
f***-do you ever have anything positive to say? All you do is unleash tirade after tirade against Dick Knight? You are like Ernest-f***ing boring, churning out the same old shit and well past your sell by date.

So we shouldn't give contracts to players who've been here 8 years? What planet are you from? Maybe you should advise Fergie at ManUre-he seems to give contracts to players who've been there more than 8 years. Still, what does he know compared to you-our very own football genius?

Where has it been said Adams is looking to bring back people who were released? Simple question-even you should be able to answer it with The Truth. I think the truth here is that he said he would review all players who were released and I believe he also said that he will not be bringing any of them back. Seems like the actions of somebody who knows what he's doing.

i wasn't having a pop at dick - all i was saying he said we were moving forward and it dosen't appear to be that way - there is no need to have a pop at everything i say - you have your opinion i have mine thats all - just because they are different dosen't make either wrong

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's early days, there's bugger all transfer activity because the whole of football is on holiday and players contracts often run to 30th June.

I fully expect Adams will be spending most of his time on the phone to Dick Knight and player agents and I don't expect much more action for 2-3 weeks.

i wasn't having a pop at dick - all i was saying he said we were moving forward and it dosen't appear to be that way - there is no need to have a pop at everything i say - you have your opinion i have mine thats all - just because they are different dosen't make either wrong

So-you weren't having a pop at Dick Knight then?

if they have any sense they are - Dick knight said in his interview after dean was sacked - the club was moving forward at a very quick pace - so far we have given a keeper who has been here 8 years a two year contract - brought a manager back that left us for a premier league club - is looking at the released list maybe to bring some back - what are we travelling in then - a robin reliant?

Of course you weren't. But then you never do-do you?

Opinions are one thing-continually sniping at Dick Knight does not constitute an opinion. Vindictive shite is probably more accurate but certainly not 'opinions'. Don't you think it's time you started looking for a job instead of coming on here at all hours Wilkins?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
So-you weren't having a pop at Dick Knight then?

Of course you weren't. But then you never do-do you?

Opinions are one thing-continually sniping at Dick Knight does not constitute an opinion. Vindictive shite is probably more accurate but certainly not 'opinions'. Don't you think it's time you started looking for a job instead of coming on here at all hours Wilkins?

firstly i am not wilkins - secondly all i have said is repeated what dick has said and what has happened so far ( sorry but i don't see how we have moved forward just backwards)

and finally - i don't think the treatment of a lot of players and staff at the club has been fair - are you happy with people being treated like shit at the club then

it was stated in the press that dean wanted to find another keeper - something michel would probably not have liked - but don't forget he has handed in transfer requests before when he dosen't get what he wants - toys and pram come to mind - and before you slag me off yes he has had good season - all this spells to me is dean wanted a new keeper - dick didn't and then michel gets two year contract - dean had a good team at xmas - dick didn't like what some of it had to say - dick was the winner - dick didn't want dean hammond - he didn't stay - and before anyone slags me off - dean hammond DID want to stay he - Dick never wanted him

now as a brighton fan if something is working the team are doing well - who would want to change it - the only person that wanted to was dick and that is why i am not happy

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sorry Deb but when i spoke to Dean Hammond after one of the home games HE WANTED to leave!!

Straight from the horses mouth

Many of you love having a pop at bhadeb, I dont know her, certainly have not read all of her posts, but much of what she says is very near to the truth.

Kuipers is close to the Chairman and yes DK has indicated to Adams of a few players HE would like Adams to consider re-instating.

As for Hammond wishing to leave, that is no where near the truth, eventually he did leave and no doubt he felt he had no other option, but to quote totally out of context as if you asked Hammond in say November 2007 'do you want to leave' and he said 'yeah I want to leave' is another misrepresentation of Hammond.

Of course I do not know how your conversation went, but I will presume you have embellished it a bit to tie in with your view of Hammonds desire to abandon the club and exonerate the Chairmans input again !!

bhadebs comment I think is valid, there must come a time when the club can act in a more professional way than some of the things that it has got up to lately if we really want to progress in the manner that we all wish for.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Deb but when i spoke to Dean Hammond after one of the home games HE WANTED to leave!!

Straight from the horses mouth

BALONEY.

Hammond may have wanted to go if you asked him at the END of the saga but not really a true representation is it?

Had he been treated propely by the club he would have stayed.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Oh My God, I think bhadeb has a good point. I pretty much agree with her. Nurse, screens!!!!!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Maybe if you answered my questions i would answer yours:thud:

Here is a question...

Why would the club captain, while involved in contract negotiations, discuss his future with a steward at Withdean after a home game when no doubt plenty of teamates and club officials would be about?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Many of you love having a pop at bhadeb, I dont know her, certainly have not read all of her posts, but much of what she says is very near to the truth.

Kuipers is close to the Chairman and yes DK has indicated to Adams of a few players HE would like Adams to consider re-instating.

As for Hammond wishing to leave, that is no where near the truth, eventually he did leave and no doubt he felt he had no other option, but to quote totally out of context as if you asked Hammond in say November 2007 'do you want to leave' and he said 'yeah I want to leave' is another misrepresentation of Hammond.

Of course I do not know how your conversation went, but I will presume you have embellished it a bit to tie in with your view of Hammonds desire to abandon the club and exonerate the Chairmans input again !!

bhadebs comment I think is valid, there must come a time when the club can act in a more professional way than some of the things that it has got up to lately if we really want to progress in the manner that we all wish for.

thanks for that comment Big Gully - i think the comment from our chairman was "go or rot in the reserves"for dean hammond

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe if you answered my questions i would answer yours:thud:

Your quickly losing credibility .........

You have not had a conversation with Hammond that you claimed you had and that is unacceptable.

You wish me to divulge what my source might be, to validate some of my own views, I have said it is something that I am unwilling to do, thats quite straight forward.

You may dismiss them if you wish, but there is plenty to upset the 'rose tinted spectacle' brigade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here