Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
really?

I think the club has been very positive in the last few weeks!

Shame for Dean, but life is an ass. :(

As a side question: Do managers have agents like footballers?

Really? We've got rid of a host of players, probably correctly and have bought no-one yet whilst sacking a manager who did well and bringing back an ex manager who has it all to prove having not done much since he left

Quite how that can be called positive I don't know. There's an old Basutu saying which applies to the Albion at this time imo

"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs. he had better first make certain that he has something to replace them with"

DK has a few months to replace what he has dismantled, let's hope he really has got things in place

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Did you really expect us to have bought any players by mid-may?
They are mostly on holiday if not involved in play-offs and most contracts don't expire til later in the summer.
The signings will come but there's not exactly any rush as the season doesnt start for 2.5 months and the new manager's only been here a few days.
Jeez, impatient or what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
MA over Wendy anytime...
MA WILL bring in new players and he will struggle to do worse than those who have left...
IC leaving a bonus; back to non-league for him...

So, all positive in the last 2 weeks, IMHO...

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Quite right 227BHA. I reckon the March match congestion might just have given Wilkins the benefit of DK's doubts and disappointment about missing the play-offs - but the desultory second half against Hartlepool did for him. Sorry to see him go, but he doesn't have the stature for the build-up to Falmer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Can anyone tell me what Hinsh does in this role? we never hear Hinsh did this or Hinsh said that. I have always wondered what this role in any club really means.

general overviewing of the playing side of things i guess - watching players, linking between the seniors, youths and centre of excellence

pretty much the thankless tasks that nobody else really wants to do

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Would almost agree with that. I would like Dean Wilkins to be around, however if he wants to be a coach somewhere else I wont lose much sleep over it.

I think it is unlikely that he will stay, however it might depend just how much MA or DK really want him to, even so, it might be that he walks with his head held high.

But you see the real problem is you cant go on letting good people leave the football club.

Of course we have Falmer and we have MA back, which is likely to be backed with money and a few decent signings.

This will placate many especially before the season starts but eventually we will come unstuck.

Why would you seriously 'not lose any sleep' if an acclaimed 'innovative' and 'brilliant' coach has been forced out of the club if you wish success for BHA.

Who exactly is the likely 'brilliant and innovative' replacement ?

You see football really does need organisation, imagination and yes a bit of luck, but money although helpful is not really the exclusive answer.

You really do need good management and outstanding coaching, its the difference between success and mid table mediocrity.

Everything seems to be forgiven either because of Falmer or that we now have MA back.

Decisions are of course made by the owners of any club, but not to be able to make sound footballing decisions is one of our great weakeness's.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
can't blame him if true, good luck to him can do a lot better than playing second fiddle at a club like ours. Quality coach and promising manager who is well respected in the football world if the approaches from other clubs are believed

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Really? We've got rid of a host of players, probably correctly and have bought no-one yet whilst sacking a manager who did well and bringing back an ex manager who has it all to prove having not done much since he left

Quite how that can be called positive I don't know. There's an old Basutu saying which applies to the Albion at this time imo

"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs. he had better first make certain that he has something to replace them with"

DK has a few months to replace what he has dismantled, let's hope he really has got things in place

Fooking ell! Adams has only been here a few days and we're still waiting on Wilkins decision. Hardly going to sign 100 players in that time.

Time dear boy, give it time.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Fooking ell! Adams has only been here a few days and we're still waiting on Wilkins decision. Hardly going to sign 100 players in that time.

Time dear boy, give it time.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
will definatley not sign. from a source within the club.
thats all

Oh Christ, every year I seem to forget this and yet as regular a crap in the morning when the season ends out comes the 'from a source within the club'.

If source from the club of any substance should actually exist in this tedious and tired context, I say he or she has no part to play in the future success of this great club as far as I'm concerned because frankly if they've nothing better to do than leak unconstructive information or dis-information indiscriminantly then they are probably better leaving and being replaced with someone who'll actually do their job and serve the club with loyalty and professionalism. So if you see your so called 'source' from the club and they want to give you some more apparent leaks then tell them to go and f*ck off from me. I simply don't want to hear it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here