Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
She has a very valid point but for some unknown reason her posts seem to bring out hatred in people.
Because she constantly posts semi-literate under-informed massively-slanted hugely-biased crap, much of which is seemingly based on "the TRUTH" emerging some day, a day that we're all still waiting for? Maybe it's that?

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
thanks for that comment Big Gully - i think the comment from our chairman was "go or rot in the reserves"

That is exactly what was said, I am just so surprised that Hammond fell for it and didnt stand his ground on this one.

I dont think he would of lost too much 'value' even if Wilkins was forced not to play his captain, for the remaining months.

In many respects that was quite good brinkmanship by DK, the harm had been done months earlier thats where DK was at fault, blinded by his own personal views of Hammond as a player.

But at the latter stage DK sole responsibility was to try and recoup some financial gain for the club, which he successfully did.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Your quickly losing credibility .........

You have not had a conversation with Hammond that you claimed you had and that is unacceptable.

You wish me to divulge what my source might be, to validate some of my own views, I have said it is something that I am unwilling to do, thats quite straight forward.

You may dismiss them if you wish, but there is plenty to upset the 'rose tinted spectacle' brigade.

Why am i losing credibility?

Yes i did have several conversations with several players.

I have never asked you to reveal your source as i wouldn't reveal most of mine.

I do not dismiss most of your posts, Most of the time you speak very good sense but it is a little negative for me (eternal optomist me :) )And what's done is done so i don't have Rose tinted specs. Dick Knight is only human and does make mistakes.

Not forgeting that Dick is the chairman but the board make these decisions as a group.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You have not had a conversation with Hammond that you claimed you had and that is unacceptable.

You wish me to divulge what my source might be, to validate some of my own views, I have said it is something that I am unwilling to do, thats quite straight forward.

You may dismiss them if you wish, but there is plenty to upset the 'rose tinted spectacle' brigade.
The way I see it is this:

I wouldn't trust a steward's word over a situation such as this. He's unlikely to be on the inside track, so to speak, but if Hammond was pissed off at that moment in time when steward 433 collared him, then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might have said something that could be construed as "I'm fed up, I just want to get out of here" or something.

On the other hand, at least he's relaying an honest, straight forward first hand account to the rest of us. You, on the other hand, seem to speak third hand rubbish that nobody has a hope of confirming one way or the other and it sounds like nothing more than cantankerous, unsubstantiated meddling. You clearly don't have much of a clue about what is going on, and just because you know somebody who is clearly bitter about the top brass at the club for some reason, and who thinks they are on the inside track, it simply can't be taken as face value.

So I know you will tell me I can feel free to ignore your posts on such matters, but there really is no need to - I already do, thanks. And as it goes, I'm pretty far from being a member of the 'rose tinted spectacle' brigade you mention. I just find your posts utterly cretinous and very very bitter.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
what i know is true but unfortunately in was said to me by someone at the club in confidence - people that know me on this board have already posted that if i say something then it is true - i only logged onto this board because i got sick of reading that it is always evryone elses fault apart from dick knight - yes he did save the club and we will always be grateful for that but the way he has treated players and staff over the past months is wrong - all have tried to say just because dick says something that does not make it right and true

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The problem many have on this board, myself included, is that when someone posts something they have been told in confidence then they are in fact betraying precisely that...even if they change the name of the informer or some minor detail. Look up the word confidence in the dictionary, if you are unsure of the true meaning, it may alter your opinion.

You too have lost a lot of credibility in this. You pick and choose which posts to respond to and ignore direct responses to comments you make yourself as you can't substantiate the things you come out with.

You can't reveal your sources, that's fair enough. Many of us know people within the club but wouldn't dream of revealing exactly who they are, but then again many of us also keep the things we're told to ourselves, regardless of how wide of the mark stuff posted on here is.

I think it's interesting that you didn't like or respond further to my comments earlier in this thread suggesting that Wilkins had poor man-management skills, and you dismiss that further because a player who voices the same opinion would bear a grudge after being released. You can't claim that because other players, current or otherwise haven't publically stated the same thing that it isn't true. It would be incredibly foolish for any player still linked with the club to say anything, especially as Wilkins hasn't actually left the club, and quite possibly won't be leaving.

My opinion is this. Wilkins lacks social skills. He lacks motivational skills and he lacks man-management skills. He may well be a great coach, but he simply will not cut it as a manager. He is too thin-skinned and paranoid to start with, and needs his ego massaging far too much.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
what i know is true but unfortunately in was said to me by someone at the club in confidence - people that know me on this board have already posted that if i say something then it is true - i only logged onto this board because i got sick of reading that it is always evryone elses fault apart from dick knight - yes he did save the club and we will always be grateful for that but the way he has treated players and staff over the past months is wrong - all have tried to say just because dick says something that does not make it right and true

So to get this straight - if you say something 'then it is true', but if Dick says something 'that does not make it right and true'.

You have to laugh.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

But don't go on a one woman crusade against Dick Knight!!!

The whole board would have made these decisions not just one person.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner

Your Post Is Very Difficult To Read. Please Can You Punctuate It And Use Some Capital Letters.

PM Me And I Can Email You Some Spares If You Like. I Buy My Capital Letters Wholesale Off Ebay.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why am i losing credibility?

Yes i did have several conversations with several players.

I have never asked you to reveal your source as i wouldn't reveal most of mine.

I do not dismiss most of your posts, Most of the time you speak very good sense but it is a little negative for me (eternal optomist me :) )And what's done is done so i don't have Rose tinted specs. Dick Knight is only human and does make mistakes.

Not forgeting that Dick is the chairman but the board make these decisions as a group.

But what did those conversations with those players divulge ??

Was it that Hammond wanted out or not ??

That is want you said he said to you.

I have no doubt that Hammond did not say he wanted to leave in the context you set out in an earlier post.

The only thing that really irritates me with football at all clubs and all levels is when the Chairman appoints himself in a role that impacts on critical playing matters.

Of course the Chairman with the Board will agree financial support and might preside over how that money should be spent, to a point.

Employ a Manager give him a defined role and support his judgement on players, if he fails he fails, if he succeeds he succeeds.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Your Post Is Very Difficult To Read. Please Can You Punctuate It And Use Some Capital Letters.

PM Me And I Can Email You Some Spares If You Like. I Buy My Capital Letters Wholesale Off Ebay.
Could you maybe also give her some full stops while you're at it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...they might make a good couple, a bit like Jack Spratt and his wife, one uses all the capital letters the other goes without.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
But what did those conversations with those players divulge ??The majority i wouldn't say because either the players are still here or have been asked not to.

Was it that Hammond wanted out or not ??Yes he said he wanted to move on

That is want you said he said to you.

I have no doubt that Hammond did not say he wanted to leave in the context you set out in an earlier post.What context did i say it in???

The only thing that really irritates me with football at all clubs and all levels is when the Chairman appoints himself in a role that impacts on critical playing matters.How do we really know who's decision this was? None of us were in the room at the time

Of course the Chairman with the Board will agree financial support and might preside over how that money should be spent, to a point.

Employ a Manager give him a defined role and support his judgement on players, if he fails he fails, if he succeeds he succeeds.

Spot on let the board run the club and just think for every one they mess up on they get ten right.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

So, if you were the Chairman or a member of the board you would not say anything to the manager if he was doing something you fundamentally disagreed with?

If he was, in your opinion dealing badly with a player, you would say nothing?

If he wanted to make a signing, or sell, and you disagreed strongly with that, you would say nothing?

You would be happy to let the manager do exactly what he wants, despite the fact that you felt some of it was wrong?

It's YOUR club, YOUR money. You have a perfect right to tell the manager you want something done your way, if you believed his way was not in the best interests of the club.

You could, of course, be wrong in your judgements, but as the owner of the club you have a right to make those judgements. If you are proved wrong, you have to answer to the shareholders and to your customers.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You too have lost a lot of credibility in this. You pick and choose which posts to respond to and ignore direct responses to comments you make yourself as you can't substantiate the things you come out with.

You can't reveal your sources, that's fair enough. Many of us know people within the club but wouldn't dream of revealing exactly who they are, but then again many of us also keep the things we're told to ourselves, regardless of how wide of the mark stuff posted on here is.

I think it's interesting that you didn't like or respond further to my comments earlier in this thread suggesting that Wilkins had poor man-management skills, and you dismiss that further because a player who voices the same opinion would bear a grudge after being released. You can't claim that because other players, current or otherwise haven't publically stated the same thing that it isn't true. It would be incredibly foolish for any player still linked with the club to say anything, especially as Wilkins hasn't actually left the club, and quite possibly won't be leaving.

My opinion is this. Wilkins lacks social skills. He lacks motivational skills and he lacks man-management skills. He may well be a great coach, but he simply will not cut it as a manager. He is too thin-skinned and paranoid to start with, and needs his ego massaging far too much.

It would be quite reasonable to dismiss Reid's and Mcfaul's comments, both have barely played a game during Wilkins reign, one blighted by injury, the other not regarded as having a role to play in Wilkins quest for promotion.

7th place should have vindicated many of Wilkins decisions, however these two released players started this 'red herring' of questioning Wilkins man mangement.

Any players decision not to comment would in most cases strengthen the argument that it was a mutiny of two released players, however you have chosen to use the silence of the current playing staff to somehow prove that they too support this view.

That is bizaare in the extreme.

Maybe more importantly I am sure there are many on here that even if they support the removal of him as manager would baulk at your views that he lacks social skills is paranoid and egotistical.

I am sorry that is a character assassination too far.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Everyone is entitled to their opinion!!

Whether we agree or disagree is another matter, Whether we believe or not is again a different matter.

But the beauty of NSC is the fact than anyone of us can give our opinion and know full well that some people believe and agree and some people don't believe and disagree.

What riles me most is people telling me that i am a liar, When infact a few are working off assumptions or at the best 4th hand information and claiming to be holier than thou right all the time!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So, if you were the Chairman or a member of the board you would not say anything to the manager if he was doing something you fundamentally disagreed with?

If he was, in your opinion dealing badly with a player, you would say nothing?

If he wanted to make a signing, or sell, and you disagreed strongly with that, you would say nothing?

You would be happy to let the manager do exactly what he wants, despite the fact that you felt some of it was wrong?

It's YOUR club, YOUR money. You have a perfect right to tell the manager you want something done your way, if you believed his way was not in the best interests of the club.

You could, of course, be wrong in your judgements, but as the owner of the club you have a right to make those judgements. If you are proved wrong, you have to answer to the shareholders and to your customers.

Your very nearly getting the hang of this football stuff aint ya !

Yeah if the manager wishes to sell or buy a player within the clubs financial 'structures' then of course it is down to the manager to make such a decision.

There might be debate yes, but ultimately the decision on what players might be added or released from the squad would still be the manager.

The manager can then be fairly judged by his successes or failures, future decisions on that manager's tenure can then be decided according to the teams perfomance.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

You are told something 'in confidence' then COMPLETELY betray that trust by coming on here and discussing it. You further compound the treachery by hiding behind your NSC identity.

Whatever the rights, wrongs or wherefore's, that is pretty SHIT

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Your very nearly getting the hang of this football stuff aint ya !

Yeah if the manager wishes to sell or buy a player within the clubs financial 'structures' then of course it is down to the manager to make such a decision.

There might be debate yes, but ultimately the decision on what players might be added or released from the squad would still be the manager.

The manager can then be fairly judged by his successes or failures, future decisions on that manager's tenure can then be decided according to the teams perfomance.

Thanks for the patronising comment!

You seem to have missed my point too. I was saying that as a chairman or board member you simply can't just let the manager do something you fundamantally disagree with. If the manager wants to buy a player who you believe is not right for the club, you have a right to say no, even if the fee is within the budget.

It doesn't make for good relations with the manager but, as a chairman and owner the ultimate decision lies with you, NOT the manager. If you have to overrule the manager on a number of decisions, then you have to admit you made the wrong appointment, and change things.

I am not saying that is what happened here; I simply don't know, and I am happy for it to be a matter between the board and DW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here