Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why?

Gus is the main draw for these people and the fact that we are now top, so in the news more often.

New stadium won't have any effect on a loan player will it?

Depends.

On a loan player, purely looking for somewhere to get a few games - no.

A loan player looking for a move, with half an eye on something mor epermanent when his current deal expires in the summer (like with Lee Hndrie last year) -Yes.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Subsidising even half of that is ridiculous at our level.

Yep and that's a sure fire way to eventually put the club in financial crisis. You know what, I want success for this club, but not if its eventually going to land us in millions of pounds worth of debt.
We have been and done that, and look how many years its taken to recover?

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Away in a manger,
No crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head

The stars in the bright sky
Looked down where He lay HEALY HEALY HEALY HEALY

Love to be sing that this Christmas

:laugh:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Gus was after a Prem striker - ☑
Healy is out of contract in the summer - ☑
We have links with Sunderland - ☑
Knows Poyet - ☑
Could do a job in the Championship - ☑
Sunderland would pay some of his wages - ☑

Sunderland signed a striker near the end of the transfer window, Healy could be the player we missed out on. :drool:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Gus was after a Prem striker - ☑
Healy is out of contract in the summer - ☑
We have links with Sunderland - ☑
Knows Poyet - ☑
Could do a job in the Championship - ☑
Sunderland would pay some of his wages - ☑

Sunderland signed a striker near the end of the transfer window, Healy could be the player we missed out on. :drool:

:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I thought you were Mr. Language Teacher or something?

"Whoever Healy joins, Sunderland will have to subsidise his £20,000-a-week wages, which are beyond all but the top clubs in the Championship."

Whoever he goes to WON'T be paying his full wages.

Those who had a go at my comment didnt read the article carefully.... it said that Doncaster et all would not be able to subsidise. This suggest we are talking more than 10% which means probably at least 4,000... are we gonna spend that much on a loan? I don't think so.

Can see YOU are not Mr Language Teacher.

Of course, things may have changed since this article and the subsidising issue may now be no longer a problem.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Those who had a go at my comment didnt read the article carefully.... it said that Doncaster et all would not be able to subsidise. This suggest we are talking more than 10% which means probably at least 4,000... are we gonna spend that much on a loan? I don't think so.

Can see YOU are not Mr Language Teacher.

Of course, things may have changed since this article and the subsidising issue may now be no longer a problem.
It suggests nothing of the sort.

"DONCASTER ROVERS are ready to step in and end David Healy's Sunderland misery.

The Northern Ireland striker has become the Black Cats' forgotten man, having last played for the Wearsiders in an FA Cup third round tie against non-league Barrow in January.

Championship sides Nottingham Forest and Doncaster Rovers have both expressed an interest in Healy, but it is the South Yorkshire club who are frontrunners in the race to sign the 31-year-old on loan until January.

Whoever Healy joins, Sunderland will have to subsidise his £20,000-a-week wages, which are beyond all but the top clubs in the Championship.

Healy was signed by Roy Keane for the Black Cats from Fulham in a deal worth around £1m in August 2008.

But the former Leeds man has never started a Premier League game for the Wearsiders with all 13 league appearances he has made coming from the substitutes' bench.

He has also played in eight cup games, scoring once in the FA Cup and once in the Carling Cup."

The meaning couldn't be clearer. Whoever he goes to, the move will be subsidised by Sunderland. I don't see how the loanee club could subsidise a move, that doesn't make sense. Just step away from the shovel :thumbsup:

In any case £4k per week is certainly not beyoond what we could pay...

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
the lizard tony bloom is desperate for us to get out of this division this season...money talks and i think tony would be prepared to pay top money for anyone of healys potential to take us up, be it a transfer or a loan deal,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here