Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Have we? Not read through all the pages on this thread, so please could you enlighten me as to who is our link man :thumbsup:

Copied what somebody else said earlier in the thread. :blush:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
They said we had a link due to the Portugal game:thumbsup:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For a loan deal I do not necessarily see Leeds and Donnies advantage - surely he wants to score goals, this is more likely playing for us. He would also be more likely to secure a 2/3yr permanent contract at the end.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It suggests nothing of the sort.

"DONCASTER ROVERS are ready to step in and end David Healy's Sunderland misery.

The Northern Ireland striker has become the Black Cats' forgotten man, having last played for the Wearsiders in an FA Cup third round tie against non-league Barrow in January.

Championship sides Nottingham Forest and Doncaster Rovers have both expressed an interest in Healy, but it is the South Yorkshire club who are frontrunners in the race to sign the 31-year-old on loan until January.

Whoever Healy joins, Sunderland will have to subsidise his £20,000-a-week wages, which are beyond all but the top clubs in the Championship.

Healy was signed by Roy Keane for the Black Cats from Fulham in a deal worth around £1m in August 2008.

But the former Leeds man has never started a Premier League game for the Wearsiders with all 13 league appearances he has made coming from the substitutes' bench.

He has also played in eight cup games, scoring once in the FA Cup and once in the Carling Cup."

The meaning couldn't be clearer. Whoever he goes to, the move will be subsidised by Sunderland. I don't see how the loanee club could subsidise a move, that doesn't make sense. Just step away from the shovel :thumbsup:

In any case £4k per week is certainly not beyoond what we could pay...

Read the underlined bolded bit and think again. I agree that the relative clause could be the 20000 but seeing as he was referring to the clubs previously it would suggest to me that the subsididing is being referred to.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes perfect sense to me. Poyet wont just sit back and keep watching chances go begging, we could be 6 odd points clear by now. Decent goalscorer and promotion is a cert!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Offering Sunderland £4k a week to take him on loan at League 1 level might be better for them as it puts Healy in the shopfront window whereas at a Championship club he might not show any promise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there is any truth in this rumour and doesnt come true it at least shows that Gus is looking at Premiership strikers unable to get a place in their side, in on loan to help us out.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Have not the slightest idea of the truth behind the headline, but I was wondering that given I often read on here that The Argus gets their information from us, has it been in the paper today? Was not on the website. Not saying that either validates or discounts it, just wondered that's all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would be good! We need someone able to get 20+ goals in a season

so why Healy?

if you look at his stats, in the period of his assent, playing at PNE and Leeds, he managed 75 goals in 6 years. pretty good, but not 20 a season is it? I rather think too much emphasis is placed on his international record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here