Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If true it will either be a fantastic signing or it will be another Robbie Savage. Takes three weeks to get fit and does little then gets injured and goes home.

Or he bangs in a hat trick every game!!!!!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I just can't see this somehow, good though it would be. Not with competition from Leeds and Doncaster, both a division higher than us and much nearer to Sunderland than Brighton!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I just can't see this somehow, good though it would be. Not with competition from Leeds and Doncaster, both a division higher than us and much nearer to Sunderland than Brighton!

It would be bloody good. These are why he might come.
A lot warmer lol, Gus poyet, New stadium, Top of the league.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I actually don't think he's all that these days, but he'd provide competition to our front two in the same way our 3 centre halve keep each other on their toes. And anyway I doubt we'd get much better, to be honest. So all in all, good news if true.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Mixed feelings about this one. Although he has a good track record, particularly with NI, he hasn't scored for ages. I watched most of the NI v Italy game on Friday night and he had several good chances but didn't get close to hitting the target. He also looked way off the pace. In comparison Kyle Lafferty looked like Pele when he came on. If we do get him in on loan the moaners are going to have to be VERY patient while he gets fitness (and hopefully form) back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The loan move has some substance in it , Healy would be another international player to add to the God Squad.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its no surprise he hasn't got any form he's a championship level player playing in the prem where he's fifth choice striker at his club.
He's worked with Gus before at Leeds hasn't he?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All just taken from the same unreliable sources though unfortunately!!

Last thing I heard from MirrorFootball was Dickinson being sold, which they got right, about a week before it happened.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seriously, in contrast to many others, I like Ashley Barnes, but if Healy had been given the chances Barnes has had over the last 2 games*, we'd be 7 points clear now.

*Actually, not the header against Tranmere. Healy would never have reached it...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this done the rounds in the summer, he was supposed to be the incoming premiership striker (remember that...?). well one of them.

still dont see it, though being top of the league might make us more attractive now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be amazing he would have a field day with the chances we great. Its a tabloid rumour has to be taken with a pinch of salt unfortunately

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That would be an unbelievable signing for this league. As already said, he'd have a field day with the sort of chances Barnes has been squandering in recent weeks. Wonder how long a loan we could get him on?

Please, please, please have some substance to it.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I reckon it could be a season long loan as there's really no need for Sunderland to want or need him back before then. Pretty sure they just want him out the door...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here