Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to Sheff Utd

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If he leaves, he leaves. We've done alright without him several times this season against decent opposition. I actually think we have seen his best days.

It's unfortunate and he will ALWAYS be a legend at this club. We have not had a better centre half in my time watching the Albion and he's given us some fantastic memories (that mazy run and shot away at Barnet, many clenched fists, shouts of second ball, let's have a winner, jumpers for goalposts...) but our long term future is more important than Cullip, Currie or anyone else.

Everyone is looking for a scapegoat, you could blame Knight, but that would be foolish. Prescott and Archer are still the villans of this piece.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Great Cornholio said:
Much as I hate to pick you up on something, isn't it true that you have to have assets for administration? Or have I misread other quotes. I thought it was straight liquidation?

Our most valuable asset is our status as a football league club - currently in the Championship.

Then the players - and after that a few bits and pieces.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Titanic said:
Our most valuable asset is our status as a football league club - currently in the Championship.

Then the players - and after that a few bits and pieces.

Our most valuable asset is Martin Perry. The man is at the hub of this master plan. No MP, no Falmer.

Save the whale.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Charlies Shinpad said:
Well it looks like our main man is on his way to The Blades by the end of the week:nono:]

CS is right. Transfer should be completed by the end of the week.

So with three departures in the space of a fortnight in an attempt to ease our debts the fans can play an important part in the quest for our survival. Everybody has every right to feel disappointed but it doesn't help by slagging off the chairman, his board, the manager and the players. They are doing all they possibly can to keep our beloved club afloat.

It's shit or bust over the next few months. We've just got to get behind them more than ever now. We can't afford the luxury of criticising all and sundry. It will only make matters worse.

Have a good a festive season and when you are in the prescence of the team make sure all they can hear are shouts of encouragement. Hang on to your braces during this bumpy ride but above all, as the great man said,
"KEEP THE FAITH."

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
Every penny we have (plus every penny we can get - from whatever source) needs to be committed to avoiding administration. Nobody will be happy, but we have no choice.

Why? If we go into administration it would only cost us 10 points, the loss of players that looks to be taking place will cost us every point untill the end of the season! :angry:

Also, if we do go into administration, there is a better chance of a Board with money or the fans taking control.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
3gulls said:
Why? If we go into administration it would only cost us 10 points, the loss of players that looks to be taking place will cost us every point untill the end of the season! :angry:

Also, if we do go into administration, there is a better chance of a Board with money or the fans taking control.
What an utterly stupid post. :shootself

Administration would mean liquidation, which would mean no Brighton & Hove Albion. And which board with which money is that then?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seems all the threads are the same last few days..... I could write again what I wrote yesterday....

Let's ask this question..... how many clubs have lost their ground, gone bankrupt, been 45 m,inutes awayf rom goign out of the league and yet still kept their identity and climbed up the divisions?

I can't think of one. What we have done in the last seven years is nothing short of a miracle. Falmer was the thing that made the happy-ever-after ending. Look at now everyone... not next year.

I'm so proud of what we've done and where we are today and even tho I want Falmer with all my heart and I want us to stay up we have to work miracles with reality.

Reality - Cullip is getting older and has refused a contract.... thus he must go. Simple.

No need to discuss Knight's role or how much we owe or liquidation or anything. If Cullip was in this with the rest of us for the same reasons he wouldn't be refusing a contract. Anyone remember him asking for a transfer last time we were in this division?

KEEP THE FAITH EVERYONE! cos as I said yesterday, there is nothing else to do. Either you are BHA through and through or you're not. Simple.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
What an utterly stupid post. :shootself

Administration would mean liquidation, which would mean no Brighton & Hove Albion. And which board with which money is that then?

The one that makes the best offer to the administrators for the assets of the Club or course. With the current Board unwilling or unable (ha!) to put more money into the club, they are likely to be the only ones to lose in the deal. We could all chip-in the two million pounds needed to pay old bills to pay for the future of the club, not the past. Look at Leicester, it worked wonders for them.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
3gulls said:
The one that makes the best offer to the administrators for the assets of the Club or course. With the current Board unwilling or unable (ha!) to put more money into the club, they are likely to be the only ones to lose in the deal. We could all chip-in the two million pounds needed to pay old bills to pay for the future of the club, not the past. Look at Leicester, it worked wonders for them.

Are you for real, do you really know anything that has happened here or what:dunce: :dunce:

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
3gulls said:

Run a lot of businesses have you 3gulls ?

Or do we go with your 1st idea and get a new board. I quite like the idea of Bill Gates or Larry Ellison...... anyone got their number ?

:jester: TWAT

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
DBS said:
Are you for real, do you really know anything that has happened here or what:dunce: :dunce:

What, like we are back in the shite again, with a new load of debts around our necks, and all of our money has been poured into a new ground that may never see the light of day? And with a Board that prefers to pass around the begging boal for stupid amounts of money, than let the fans buy shares in their club?

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
3gulls said:
What, like we are back in the shite again, with a new load of debts around our necks, and all of our money has been poured into a new ground that may never see the light of day? And with a Board that prefers to pass around the begging boal for stupid amounts of money, than let the fans buy shares in their club?

Go away you TWAT.

Unless you have something productve to say

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Each of your posts are more moronic than the previous one, 3gulls. :shootself

You want the club to be taken over by a 'board' with little or nothing else to be done except asset-strip and close it down. There is no-one out there with any money to invest in the club while Falmer has not been given the go-ahead.

We could all chip-in the two million pounds needed to pay old bills to pay for the future of the club, not the past. Look at Leicester, it worked wonders for them. Unbelievable that anyone could be so... words fail me.

I cannot believe that somone who claims to be a Brighton fan can come on here with such treacherous thoughts as to actively want the club to be closed down, which is what you are saying should happen, 3gulls.

f*** sake, it's like talking to an errant child.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
The Large One said:
Each of your posts are more moronic than the previous one, 3gulls. :shootself

You want the club to be taken over by a 'board' with little or nothing else to be done except asset-strip and close it down. There is no-one out there with any money to invest in the club while Falmer has not been given the go-ahead.

We could all chip-in the two million pounds needed to pay old bills to pay for the future of the club, not the past. Look at Leicester, it worked wonders for them. Unbelievable that anyone could be so... words fail me.

I cannot believe that somone who claims to be a Brighton fan can come on here with such treacherous thoughts as to actively want the club to be closed down, which is what you are saying should happen, 3gulls.

f*** sake, it's like talking to an errant child.

Well said but i doubt 3gulls would understand it

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
3gulls opinion is different and not from the party liners..its his opinion..you dont have to agree with it...just rubbishing it achieves nothing..as someone said earlier if we had these discussions in the mid 1990 would we be in the mess we are now.

more and more fans are wavering and the DK/the board need to act and issue a statement on the gravity of the current position (yes we all know we are in deep shit but a more direct account of where we really are) and this will reduce the speculation

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
So Auditor,

Do you agree with 3gulls that we go into administration and get rid of the board ?

Or do you have another brilliant solution ? (and if you do, please explain who the f*** you are going to appoint as chairman)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why are they wavering? Because of the shit-stirrers on here... They put two and two together and come up with... whatever they feel like.

A statement wouldn't hurt, but as I said earlier, do the maths (£2m minus £240k from A&K, minus £250k from the sale of Currie, minus an estimated £250k from the Spurs game) and you can work out the scale of our problem.

3gulls is entitled to his opinion of course, but basing that opinion on reality rather than fantasy might get him a little less flamed.

There is a massive difference between now and what happened in the mid 1990s. Back then, the board was actively trying to destroy the club. I can't believe anyone honestly thinks that this is what DK is trying to do.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Firstly I would like to distance myself from 3gulls and state publicly I think Administration would be a very bad thing, but everybody seems to be saying administration would lead to liquidation because we have no assets. Actually in business terms administration in these conditions would lead to anything but liquidation, because we have no tangible assets to sell, therefore the creditors would gain nothing by placing us into liquidation. The only asset the club has is its trading income and customer base, therefore administration would seek to cut costs (i.e. reduce playing staff (bad thing 3gulls !!!)) and cut back on all un-necessary expenditure, probably shelving Falmer application until a later date (another bad thing 3gulls !!!). In essence the administrator would attempt to pay the creditors off and offer protection from winding up orders. Liquidation, especially in this case would be a final resort, and would serve no-one any benefit.

No to Administration and No to liquidation, but please give people like 3gulls the real reasons (even he may understand why it's bad if you spell it out), and not the alarmist ones.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
TLO

Listen...stop getting so bloody stroppy with people. People are allowed to have a contrary opinion to you ( APART FROM HORTON)

When the original letter went out requesting money and also DK and various people came out and said this was to aid in a shortfall, not a lifeboat, we weren't going bust and the playing side is all under control. Now a couple of months later, the manager is being quoted in the national media saying that all of the Currie money has dissapeared into the "black hole".

Now yes, we can all do the maths as you so patronisingly like to keep stating, however, what has changed from 2 months ago, to now? that is really what we would all like to know...not some detailed interim Profit and Loss or accumulated cash flow statement published.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here