Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to Sheff Utd

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
Not being stroppy DTG but i think it was ..

do you want 250K to take off your 2M debt now

or f*** all in 4 months time ?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WATF0RD ZERO said:
Not being stroppy DTG but i think it was ..

do you want 250K to take off your 2M debt now

or f*** all in 4 months time ?

I have no idea what you mean by that post , could you explain ity please?

BTW I was aiming at TLO being stroppy, not you:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry...just twigged it!

I think that the money for Currie was never budgetted for...I dont think anyone really spotted that one, therefore it would not have been added to the forecast

FA in 4 months time? that is the bit I was not sure about

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
The Auditor said:
3gulls opinion is different and not from the party liners..its his opinion..you dont have to agree with it...just rubbishing it achieves nothing..as someone said earlier if we had these discussions in the mid 1990 would we be in the mess we are now.

more and more fans are wavering and the DK/the board need to act and issue a statement on the gravity of the current position (yes we all know we are in deep shit but a more direct account of where we really are) and this will reduce the speculation

Seems you are suggesting that we should learn from the lesson with Archer and seek clarification from the Board. Is DK, Archer in disguise? Are you me in Disguise?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
Quite a rant, Dave. Well done. DK used the phrase 'black hole' in the same context when he launched A & K. So if MM is still using it, it's hard to know what has changed.

So DK is asking for money to go into a Black Hole is he? well thats very f***ing reasurring is'nt it :angry:
I'm leaning more and more to the "where are we now, Dick?" question.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Saint Lennard said:
Our most valuable asset is Martin Perry. The man is at the hub of this master plan. No MP, no Falmer.

Save the whale.
:dance:

Martin Perry laid the foundations for Blackpool's new stands - dont you forget it

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When he says 'black hole', he means money to pay off current debts rather than money used for moving things forward. It's money that the club will just not be able to use constructively. But we need it before one of our creditors gets stroppy - although I take StaffsGull's points about what would happen if we go into adminstration etc...

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How many times does it need explaing ?

We needed a couple of million to sort out the current debts and expected deficit for the season etc....

We've had approx 250k A&K, 250k Currie
money and 250-300k for the Spurs game.

That leaves us still more than 1m short on the housekeeping.

Not great - and certainly not the basis for INCREASING our outgoings.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To compare DK with BA is a tad naughty really.

I think events from the sale of the Goldstone and the subsequent sale of the land some little time afterwards was an indication into Bill Archer's real agenda.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that DK is doing anything but for the good of B&HA FC.

This is of course the silly season anyway as until JP gives his nod, we are all speculating on the likely future of the club. I for one think this is a very healthy debate and one that football fans should be having. It is certainly not dull on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Titanic said:
How many times does it need explaing ?

We needed a couple of million to sort out the current debts and expected deficit for the season etc....

We've had approx 250k A&K, 250k Currie
money and 250-300k for the Spurs game.

That leaves us still more than 1m short on the housekeeping.

Not great - and certainly not the basis for INCREASING our outgoings.

Careful, Dave just called me stroppy for explaining that. :p

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
dave the gaffer said:

I think events from the sale of the Goldstone and the subsequent sale of the land some little time afterwards was an indication into Bill Archer's real agenda.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that DK is doing anything but for the good of B&HA FC.

This is of course the silly season anyway as until JP gives his nod, we are all speculating on the likely future of the club. I for one think this is a very healthy debate and one that football fans should be having. It is certainly not dull on here.

Yeah I think it is worth reminding a few people yet again that the reason we find ourselves in this state is because of Archer and Stanley. DK has presided over the last few years which have been generally fantastic, but the club needs to move forward and it can't do without a new stadium, hence the debt.

Boggles me that this keeps having to be explained..

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
Sorry DTG, been away

If we hadn't taken the money for Currie, he could (would) have gone at the end of the season (4 months) for free

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
dave the gaffer said:

Possibly DK yes, but how long after Falmer is built will it be before MP sells up and goes back to Blackpool?

It seems that you dont think theyre in it for the profit. :p

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Saint Lennard said:
Possibly DK yes, but how long after Falmer is built will it be before MP sells up and goes back to Blackpool?

It seems that you dont think theyre in it for the profit. :p
Can't see how that can be. Where would the profit come from? Besides which MP doesn't have that many shares, so there would be hardly any to sell. If DK does manage to get Falmer built (sorry, when not if), I don't actually begrudge him having a few quid from it. He'd have earned it.

Last edited:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
3gulls said:
Also, if we do go into administration, there is a better chance of a Board with money or the fans taking control.

So where were these people when we were last in the shit? Only one person came out of the mire. Even with all the personal wealth in this county nobody else even bothered. That person is still there pledging his all and that man is DICK KNIGHT. If he ever reads all the crap written on this thread nobody can blame him for thinking, "Why did I bother in the first place?"

Luckily he has a lot more invested in the plight of BHA than any one of us. To put it simply, if the Albion cease to exist through financial ruin he has lost everything, because all he owns is mortgaged in the interest of BHA. The man has put his own personal survival on the line in an effort to bring glory to the club he supported from the terraces.

For The Auditor. We are in the shit beyond our arm pits. If we were to stick our tounge out we could taste the diarrhoea swilling around. Is that the kind of statement you've been looking for? Is that grave enough for you? How would it help the club for the chairman to make a similar statement to the fans but in laymens' language?

For Christ's sake get real all of you. If you want bogey men don't look for them where there aren't any. We are still feeling the effects of the real bogey men. STANLEY, ARCHER and BELLOTTI. It has been added to by the dragged out public enquiry.

Meanwhile back to the thread. After Danny has gone it is important that we all get behind the new captain, Charlie.
The king is dead. Long live the king.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I find all of that statement hard to disagree with.. That really did sound like that was coming down from the boardroom as well, they've clearly had enough of all the shit-stirring too..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we are looking to pay off £2 million the only way we can do it is through player sales.

The fact is that you get a damn sight more cash for a player doing the business in the Coca-Cola than you do one or two divisions below.

Surely we should be looking to stay in this division so that we can sell the odd player here and there and cut the debt gradually, rather than have a fire sale, raise a million but return to the depths with a bunch of kids.

So fine, sell Currie, even sell Harding, but do not sell the club captain in the middle of the season. I want the club to do whatever it takes to sign Cullip and McGhee to decent contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here