Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Chris Holroyd

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I disagree. As I posted the other day. If Murray scores a hat-trick and two goals then goes eight games without scoring he retains his 1 in 2 games ratio but is not consistent enough over a season of games. I hope to be proved wrong but his record over the seasons past is not one of a striker that will get a team promoted.

Does this mean that proven goal scorers only score 1 goal a game? or could the same be said of them too?

Signing a striker who gets 25 goals this season doesn't mean promotion, the same as not signing one means we stay down.

Also, when Zamora joined, he was unproven, however he proved that you don't have to have a reputation or previous track record to be a success and Barnes may also prove to be a success too this seasonas the signs that he and Murray can get a good partnership going are encouraging

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Only a WW thread can run to 5 pages!

That aside he does have a point, however we dont know how hard Gus (and the club) tried so I wouldnt call it an abject failure but its certainly a disappointment.

I completely agree with getting rid of Forster, however it was certainly a mistake that we didnt sign a 15+ goal a season striker (which Forster WAS there is no denying) during the Summer.

However all is not lost with the loan window.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The main beneficiary of Poyet's abject failing in the transfer window surely deserves applause for retaining the ability to call himself a "professional footballer" despite being more suited to the Ryman League.

A special mention to Gary Hart also, as Gus ensures he'll have to listen to 100 H block goons jizz themselves 3 times per home game singing "posh spice is a slapper" as he stretches his groin for the probable 2 minute cameo at the end of the match.

Well done to both of them. :clap:

Just out of interest have you ever thought of supporting a football team rather than just moaning and complaining about one?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

That aside he does have a point, however we dont know how hard Gus (and the club) tried so I wouldnt call it an abject failure but its certainly a disappointment.

I completely agree with getting rid of Forster, however it was certainly a mistake that we didnt sign a 15+ goal a season striker (which Forster WAS there is no denying) during the Summer.

Forster isn't looking like a 15 goals plus player this season. Also, Gus is still planning to bring in another striker (see lots of other threads for details). So WW is a bit premature isn't she.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Forster didn't want to play here anymore, so why should we have kept him? He fell out with Gus, and why keep someone on the squad who may be a disruptive influence? Right call

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Ditto getting rid of Forster but would he have been a 15 goal machine this season, Im not so sure. There were signs of him slowing up, injuries catching up with him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Forster isn't looking like a 15 goals plus player this season. Also, Gus is still planning to bring in another striker (see lots of other threads for details). So WW is a bit premature isn't she.

No not this season old chsp Im talking about whilst with us!

Oh I know I did say about the transfer window.

Im just saying that amid all the hyperbole WW has a point even if it could have been worded differently.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
No not this season old chsp Im talking about whilst with us!

Oh I know I did say about the transfer window.

Im just saying that amid all the hyperbole WW has a point even if it could have been worded differently.

Sometimes WW does spout sense, more often than not though and far to regularly it is bilge and bafoonery.

People dont like bilge & bafoonery so they tend to not see his sense when it is there.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

No mistake, as I believe Gus has already signed someone that can get 15+ goals this season - Barnes

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Forster didn't want to play here anymore, so why should we have kept him? He fell out with Gus, and why keep someone on the squad who may be a disruptive influence? Right call

Err I did say I agree with the decision to get rid...

But we SHOULD have replaced him with someone ELSE who would score 15+ and we didnt. Thats all.

Yet amid all the shouting I think we all agree we need another striker.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

But we SHOULD have replaced him with someone ELSE who would score 15+ and we didnt. Thats all.

SHOUTING YOU SAY.......WHO IS SHOUTING? :lolol:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

My bad, I should have put "I agree" at the start of my post. I agree with you :D however, Ashley is definitely a 15+ striker :D

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The main beneficiary of Poyet's abject failing in the transfer window surely deserves applause for retaining the ability to call himself a "professional footballer" despite being more suited to the Ryman League.

A special mention to Gary Hart also, as Gus ensures he'll have to listen to 100 H block goons jizz themselves 3 times per home game singing "posh spice is a slapper" as he stretches his groin for the probable 2 minute cameo at the end of the match.

You really do give "Wanderer's" a bad name.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

Hush child, let the adults speak.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really sure what all the fuss is about? The loan window opens next week, its not the best way to do things but wasnt Zamora on loan....

The way people are going on about not sgning someone yesterday is a bit odd....

I think we all would have liked that striker to come in in June however now the Window has shut the free transfer will ger worried and lower what they are asking for in wages (maybe).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You may have a point but to raise it in such a vindictive manner really cheapens whatever you are saying, which always stops me from respnding to your threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here