Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Chris Holroyd

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The main beneficiary of Poyet's abject failing in the transfer window surely deserves applause for retaining the ability to call himself a "professional footballer" despite being more suited to the Ryman League.

A special mention to Gary Hart also, as Gus ensures he'll have to listen to 100 H block goons jizz themselves 3 times per home game singing "posh spice is a slapper" as he stretches his groin for the probable 2 minute cameo at the end of the match.

Well done to both of them. :clap:

What's like going through life as a complete spacker ?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
What no statement from fans that no problem in not signing the required striker as Gary Hart can be relied on to score at least 15 goals.
New season, old problems as regards team strength, i had really high hopes that we would be in a decent league by the time Falmer is finished,so will have to be content with Sky for another season.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
To be fair Forster has done f*** all since he left.

Murray/Barnes are not the deadly duo for promotion from this division that some people think.

Murray's record speaks for itself. Promotion register depends on the team creating chances for him (fine) Barnes backing him up (fine) and him staying fit (so far, he looks in great shape). I am basing my argument on historical fact, the moaners who believe we need a top striker are basing their argument on ifs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray's record speaks for itself. Promotion register depends on the team creating chances for him (fine) Barnes backing him up (fine) and him staying fit (so far, he looks in great shape). I am basing my argument on historical fact, the moaners who believe we need a top striker are basing their argument on ifs.

Quite. People enjoy ignoring facts such as:

Murray has (roughly) a one goal every two games record.
Murray has had ONE major injury in his entire career.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haha brilliant, so the people who want a striker are talking only about "ifs" but your hope that Murray will play 46 games, Barnes will make a good contribution and the team will create chances is in some way more reliable?

Well chances are that Murray will play most of the season, yes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I disagree. As I posted the other day. If Murray scores a hat-trick and two goals then goes eight games without scoring he retains his 1 in 2 games ratio but is not consistent enough over a season of games. I hope to be proved wrong but his record over the seasons past is not one of a striker that will get a team promoted.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
The main beneficiary of Poyet's abject failing in the transfer window surely deserves applause for retaining the ability to call himself a "professional footballer" despite being more suited to the Ryman League.

A special mention to Gary Hart also, as Gus ensures he'll have to listen to 100 H block goons jizz themselves 3 times per home game singing "posh spice is a slapper" as he stretches his groin for the probable 2 minute cameo at the end of the match.

What a PRICK :facepalm:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Really enjoying this thread. So TCB how is Kuipers doing nowadays and have you seen Crofts goal for Norwich at the weekend?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm surprised that Gus hasn't already loaned Holroyd out to Lewes to give him regular first team football.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Twat!

Sure this kind of thing will do the lads confidence the world of good.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Ah. You.

Some one has to say it: You know f*** all about football, you know f*** all about support, and you know f*** all about what happens in the football team you support.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

I know you want people to do this but I am gonna do it anyway.

You are a f***ing dickhead. Go and support Palace they are more suited to your personality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here