Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Chris Holroyd

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray's record speaks for itself. Promotion register depends on the team creating chances for him (fine) Barnes backing him up (fine) and him staying fit (so far, he looks in great shape). I am basing my argument on historical fact, the moaners who believe we need a top striker are basing their argument on ifs.

And the FACT that Gus wants a proven scorer...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm surprised that Gus hasn't already loaned Holroyd out to Lewes to give him regular first team football.

He should and will loan him out I reckon, but only when he has a better player on our books...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not gonna be good enough, you do know that don't you :lolol:

There is no way either of the two protagonists is gonna admit they jumped the gun with the whinging and toy throwing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not gonna be good enough, you do know that don't you :lolol:

There is no way either of the two protagonists is gonna admit they jumped the gun with the whinging and toy throwing.
Indeed. It'll be the usual blend of whinging and whining and pointing out that none of us have heard of him.

The fact that he has scored against the Old Firm along with proper Champions League clubs will not make them wrong either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I feel you lot are neglecting the 'Poyets Contacts' thread too...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The main beneficiary of Poyet's abject failing in the transfer window surely deserves applause for retaining the ability to call himself a "professional footballer" despite being more suited to the Ryman League.

A special mention to Gary Hart also, as Gus ensures he'll have to listen to 100 H block goons jizz themselves 3 times per home game singing "posh spice is a slapper" as he stretches his groin for the probable 2 minute cameo at the end of the match.

Well done to both of them. :clap:

Your new season's resolution of not being a moany bastid didn't last very long then :lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, i'll go as far as saying I was a bit premature - but the jury is out. A bloke released from a Jocko outfit doesn't sound like the 20 goal a season man Gus talked about earlier in the summer.

But it's better than Holroyd.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, i'll go as far as saying I was a bit premature - but the jury is out. A bloke released from a Jocko outfit doesn't sound like the 20 goal a season man Gus talked about earlier in the summer.

He was released yesterday to join us though. Suggests that they would have kept him on if he hadn't wanted to go somewhere else.

I do agree the jury is out though but the way you started this thread and one or two other ridiculous ones (such as the Poyet contacts one) lead people to slag you off.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
And the FACT that Gus wants a proven scorer...

Don't twist my words, I never disputed that. My view is that we have/had the personnel to gain promotion and that Lua Lua/solving the lopsided balance of the team was more important than a striker. With the new striker on a one year deal after struggling with injury, he is a backup player with potential it would seem.

Let's see how it all pans out.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world

A bit premature????? Really.. If you ever get a girlfriend you could always show her your last post when you fail miserably in the bedroom...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So why didnt Holroyd get a look in today then? Does Gus now not rate him and rather have Baz up there? Today would have been perfect even if coming off the bench like Hart.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Do you know him out of interest? You seem to have an awful lot to say about what, as far as I'm aware, is a stranger.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
WW 'bares' his internet personality on this board, so the poster probably knows him as well enough to comment.

out of interest - how well do you know Kuipers or any of Brighton goal keepers as you often comment on personal aspects of their lives methinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here