Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see this thread has now reached 5 pages, any sign of a WINNER yet???

Last edited:

Mouldy Boots said:
So double standards then LI.

So how can you predict Hendo will throw "a Hissy fit" cos that's what you are saying.

Not at all, just good business sense from Hendo's point of view. If he is good enough to get recognition in international football, where he is competing with a Premiership keeper to be Ireland's No2, that means he is too good for the bench in League 1.

I would have respected Kuipers if he'd have gone to McGhee and said "sorry boss, at my age I need first-team football, I need to go on the transfer list and move. While that happens, I will work loyally as No2". But he didn't, he just had some pathetic strop and refused to be No2 while we were still paying his wages. Totally unbusinesslike and completely letting down the fans.

Mouldy, you may want to see Hendo walk out of Brighton, but that's because you're so far gone in your dislike of McGhee that you would welcome any disruption to the club as long as it hurts McGhee. A shame.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Do you think the two are over rated?

They both have floors

I think Kuipers distribution and more lately his injury record have held him back.

Henderson, well, there is talent there. In his defence he is young and keepers do not always come good until that bit later. The flaws in his game could well be coached out of him, but he relative lack of inches could work against him.

Just for the record, I am sure his new biggest fan advocated Blaney over Henderson when we were looking to sign one of them.

Mouldy Boots said:
LI any view on this by any chance.:rolleyes:

Yes, as it happens.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I think Kuipers distribution and more lately his injury record have held him back.

Henderson, well, there is talent there. In his defence he is young and keepers do not always come good until that bit later. The flaws in his game could well be coached out of him, but he relative lack of inches could work against him.

Just for the record, I am sure his new biggest fan advocated Blaney over Henderson when we were looking to sign one of them.

How tall is Hendo?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Kinky Gerbils said:
How tall is Hendo?

According to soccerbase he's only five foot eleven.

edit: and if anyone's interested...
Kuipers and Martin are six foot two whilst sullivan is a measly five foot ten.

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
That save he made against Palace from Hughes I think wasn't half bad. :)

He has made plenty of good saves. To pretend otherwise is just stupid.

What about the one-on-one when the Gills guy was clean through last week? I don't know if this is "spectacular" but we have 7pts instead of 5pts entirely because of his brilliant keeping in that game.

Uncle Buck said:
Well there's a first....
Which is why i'm always suprised when people make pointless postings along the lines of "LI hasn't replied to this" - you did so the other day too if I recall :) Honestly, I'll get round to replying, PM is you need quicker service.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Uncle Buck said:
WAYNE HENDERSON

DOB CLUB ASTON VILLA

HEIGHT 1.85m POSITION GOALKEEPER

WEIGHT 82kg SQUAD NUMBER 25

1.85m is about six foot one, isn't it? That's not so bad and certainly better than the five eleven that soccerbase claim.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Which is why i'm always suprised when people make pointless postings along the lines of "LI hasn't replied to this" - you did so the other day too if I recall :) Honestly, I'll get round to replying, PM is you need quicker service.

I prefer to share / inflict (delete as applicable) your wisdom and design like skill with smileys with the whole of NSC, how about the whole of Withdean, you could have your own Podium at Withdean and address the masses?

Uncle Buck said:
One bad mistake against all the good work he did in the other games, where he showed his form was better than that of Henderson and yet still Henderson got the nod (no surprise really).

Just one bad mistake - and the second goal that went clean through his legs?

Fact is, this was Kuipers big chance to McGhee to prove he was our No1 - and he fluffed it big time.

Uncle Buck said:
I prefer to share / inflict (delete as applicable) your wisdom and design like skill with smileys with the whole of NSC, how about the whole of Withdean, you could have your own Podium at Withdean and address the masses?

Only is you were alongside me - every artist needs his muse.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Just one bad mistake - and the second goal that went clean through his legs?

Fact is, this was Kuipers big chance to McGhee to prove he was our No1 - and he fluffed it big time.

Henderson looked nothing great in the other games, where as Kuipers looked to be getting near his best in these games. Yet Kuipers has a bad half and so Henderson gets the nod. I would say it was a done deal before the MK Dons game, but then you will tell me that I am having a swipe at McGhee and this thread will go on for another few days (which I am happy to do, if you help put together a presentation on the following;

How do you prioritize, develop and track multiple offline and online campaigns and measure ROI across different customer segments?)

Uncle Buck said:
Henderson looked nothing great in the other games, where as Kuipers looked to be getting near his best in these games. Yet Kuipers has a bad half and so Henderson gets the nod. I would say it was a done deal before the MK Dons game, but then you will tell me that I am having a swipe at McGhee and this thread will go on for another few days
Not at all, after all this time, we still surprise each other! I agree it was a done deal before the MK Dons game, Hendo is a fine talent who will end up playing most of his football in the top two divisions, Kuipers is a highly competent lower league journeyman (I like those kind of players, Carpenter, Oatway) who has never attracted interest from a club in the top two leagues and never will. The shirt is Hendo's to lose only with some really bad performances, Kuipers might have put a bit of pressure on McGhee with a good performamnce in the MK Dons game but that never happened. McGhee has to say that he will pick on form to keep Kuipers' fragile ego together (probably part of the deal brokered between the two) but McGhee is always going to pick Hendo because he is much the better keeper - I don't ever see Hendo playing that badly to the extent that McGhee is forced to drop him. Realistically, do you?

So in a sense, I think we do agree on this more than you think :)

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Kinky Gerbils said:
But I think it slows him down when he comes off his line and his abilty to handle long range shots.
Its the same with Paul Robinson, when he puts on weight he seems to lose long range reactions and is slow getting down.
How many times did you see Ben Roberts beaten from range? or even Henderson?

But if it's fast twitch muscle fiber (Which it should be for a goalkeeper) there won't be any problems with his reactions. They would just be even quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here