Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
I would have respected Kuipers if he'd have gone to McGhee and said "sorry boss, at my age I need first-team football, I need to go on the transfer list and move. While that happens, I will work loyally as No2". But he didn't, he just had some pathetic strop and refused to be No2 while we were still paying his wages. Totally unbusinesslike and completely letting down the fans.

Bit like Frenchie last season? Who was still dropped from being number two. ???

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:

Mouldy, you may want to see Hendo walk out of Brighton, but that's because you're so far gone in your dislike of McGhee that you would welcome any disruption to the club as long as it hurts McGhee. A shame.

Don't give me the old i am trying to disrupt the club business it's because of my passions and belief's this manger is not right is why i am not going to the home games and like i have said before there has never been a manager to make me feel like this at Brighton before.
I am not one of these fickle people who only go to the "big games" i go to what i can afford and always back the team to the hilt.

I would not like to see Hendo walk out i do rate him but he is young and last season we lost an experience goalie to fight relegation when it was crucial because of MM failure to see the situation.

I hate seeing MM flexing his muscle to the detriment of the team, he did that and has done it several times if anyone has to grow up or be shipped out it is MM IMO.

Yoda said:
Bit like Frenchie last season?
Indeed, exactly like the stroppy French teenager. But who astonishingly had more maturity than Kuipers in at least apologising for his strop within days.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Indeed, exactly like the stroppy French teenager. But who astonishingly had more maturity than Kuipers in at least apologising for his strop within days.

Except the Frenchie was a bit shit and Kuipers has been one of the, if not the best, keeper at the club for several years now.

I don't disagree with you over Henderson, I think he should be first choice at the moment but can you stop painting Kuipers in this way. None of us know the situation completely so please stop making judgements on it. It is your opinion, stop slipping it into your posts as if it were fact.

Les Biehn said:
I don't disagree with you over Henderson, I think he should be first choice at the moment but can you stop painting Kuipers in this way.

Why? What in particular do you want to take issue with, you are being very unfocused there in your irritation.

Tom Hark said:
What I never liked is Henderson is distinctly hesitant about coming off his line. Causes wobbles in the rest of the defence. FDM commands his area better.

When the FDM first played for us I remember him being hestitant at coming off his line in quite a few games.

I think Kuipers is the better shot stopper, Henderson is better at distribution and both are sometimes poor at coming for crosses at times. Although I think Michel edges out Wayne ever so slightly on crosses.
Henderson hasn't done much wrong this season so you can't really justify him being dropped for the Crewe game, he is only miising the Boston game because of international duty.

Fragmented Badger said:
IMO Michel is capable of so much more than Henderson. He is, without question, the best Albion goalkeeper of the last 15 years, :

Don't you remember John Keeley or Mark Beeney? I think Kuipers comes behind those two in order of best Albion keeprs in the last 15 years.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Southover Street Seagull said:
Don't you remember John Keeley or Mark Beeney? I think Kuipers comes behind those two in order of best Albion keeprs in the last 15 years.

Dont forget mark ormarod nicky rust mark carwright who was that walton fellow i cant rember his first name for love or money now possible mark they all have to be up there :p

f*** me we have had some shitty keepers :shootself

Last edited:

munkfish said:
Dont forget mark ormarod nicky rust mark carwright who was that walton fellow i cant rember his first name for love or money now possible mark they all have to be up there :p

f*** me we have had some shitty keepers :shootself

It was Mark Walton and he wasn't that good!!! Nicky Rust showed promise when he came to the Albion but sadly didn't deliver.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southover Street Seagull said:
It was Mark Walton and he wasn't that good!!! Nicky Rust showed promise when he came to the Albion but sadly didn't deliver.

Ormerod made a great one on one save in the last few minutes at Hereford, that was every bit as important as Reinelt's goal. Has a place in Albion history for that alone.

hans kraay fan club said:
Ormerod made a great one on one save in the last few minutes at Hereford, that was every bit as important as Reinelt's goal. Has a place in Albion history for that alone.

Yes indeed it was, I remember my heart being in my mouth at the end of the game when he made that save.

Fragmented Badger said:
I have been going to watch us for just over 12 years, so I perhaps shouldn't have rounded my post up to 15! I don't remember either of those two - Nicky Rust was in goal for my first match I think. I presume Beeney and Keeley came just before him, but still within the last 15 years then? If they were better, fair enough. I shall rephrase my point to read Michel Kuipers is by far the best Albion keeper of the last 12.5 years:)

John Keeley signed for us in the 1987/88 season I beleive, please correct anyone if I am wrong.
Beeney was signed around the 1991/92 season I think. Both were at least equal to Michel. IMHO

Fragmented Badger said:
Well I started watching in 1994, so excuse my ignorance on those two. I said Michel was the best of the last 15 years, so it's only Beeney who could argue with that by the look of it. If we say the last 14 years, then Michel is DEFINITELY number one. What an utter legend:bowdown:

I think I actually LOVE him:blush:

If you started watching the Albion in 1994 how can you say Kuipers was the best keeper of the last 14 years? 14 years ago was 1992?
Mark Beeney was sold in 1993, John Keeley was sold in 1992.

Fragmented Badger said:
Basically because you just told me that Beeney played in 1991/92, and I was simply presuming that in 1993 we didn't sign an absolute world-beater. Had you said Beeney was sold in 1993, I would have said best of the last 13 years!

So, Michel is the best Albion keeper of the last THIRTEEN years, are we agreed?:lolol:

I said he signed for the Albion in 1991/92!!!

Yes I agree with you that Kuipers is probably our best keeper over the last 13 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here