Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Fragmented Badger said:
Basically because you just told me that Beeney played in 1991/92, and I was simply presuming that in 1993 we didn't sign an absolute world-beater. Had you said Beeney was sold in 1993, I would have said best of the last 13 years!

So, Michel is the best Albion keeper of the last THIRTEEN years, are we agreed?:lolol:

Keeley was sold to oldham in 1990. Perry Digweed played in the 90/91 season. I think Beeney was signed for the 91/2 season along with MArk Gall when Maidstone went bust. He was definitely sold the following season (92/3) to save the club from liquidation or some other similarly bad end. Nice one Howard Wilkinson.:clap: He then went on to play sporadically for Leeds.

IMO, like yours, Kuipers is the best keeper we've had since then(although I don't include henderson in his competition as I've never seen him play). I think both Keeley and Beeney were better than Kuipers.

Hope that helps.:)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Why? What in particular do you want to take issue with, you are being very unfocused there in your irritation.

You painting Kuipers as some sort of coward whose lack of maturity has screwed over the fans. Your evidence for this is slim, I like kuipers and all you seem to be basing it on is that he didn't want to fight for his place. How do you know this? Perhaps he felt he had no option. I personally think he could have dealt with the situation better but I don't think you are in a position to judge his character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here