Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite happy with either myself or do we have to take sides ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not having seen what they do at training who is to say that Kuipers is any better than Hendo.
My issue with Kuipers is that he is too beefed up to be a keeper - he carrys to much weight and this hinders him at times.

I was thinking about training and was going to mention that, but then I thought that actual competitive match practice would tell you a lot more.

I am very happy with Hendo at the moment, but would not be adverse to Kuipers playing this season if Henderson's form drops.

He has certainly got bigger with all that boxing. Is his training shirt painted on!!?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
Carries too much weight:ohmy:

Having seen the great man on the pitch before both the Brentford and Forest games in his SKIN-TIGHT t-shirt, I can assure you it is NOT weight! It's 100% pure Dutch muscle, and it's just waiting to guard our goal.

Thats what I mean - its great to look at but how many keepers do you know that are that stacked?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
London Irish said:
Quite! It showed that Kuipers was completely going off the rails in terms of his attitude to team discipline.

I think it was desperation actually. I think he was in the mind set that no matter what happened he wasn't going to play for Brighton again and that can only be down to MM.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
But surely as a goalie it's fine. We are not relying on him for pace or an ability to turn on the ball. He is there to command the box like a STALLION, ready to throw his action-man figure at any player who dares to enter our area. If I was a striker, I know who I would look up and find more imposing, it's Big Michel.

But I think it slows him down when he comes off his line and his abilty to handle long range shots.
Its the same with Paul Robinson, when he puts on weight he seems to lose long range reactions and is slow getting down.
How many times did you see Ben Roberts beaten from range? or even Henderson?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
If I was a striker, I know who I would look up and find more imposing, it's Big Michel.
I've seen Henderson save as many 1 v 1's in his time here so far as I have seen Kuipers save in 6 years.

Kuipers is a top shot stopper, but in other departments he is found lacking and that is where Henderson has the advantage over him. Hendo himself is still a superb shot-stopper, but he is also better on crosses and one on ones.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
To be fair Kinky a bit of bulk never stopped Neville Southall or Kevin Pressman from playing at the top.

True but with out wanting to use a boring reason - do you think the new balls have made a difference? I mean how much did a ball swerve when those two played?

There is no science in this on my side I just wondered!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What I never liked is Henderson is distinctly hesitant about coming off his line. Causes wobbles in the rest of the defence. FDM commands his area better.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
True but with out wanting to use a boring reason - do you think the new balls have made a difference? I mean how much did a ball swerve when those two played?

There is no science in this on my side I just wondered!

Kuipers is reasonably agile and as long as your positioning is good (which the Brentford free kick showed Hendersons can be a bit off) this should not be a big issue.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy Boots said:
So double standards then LI.

So how can you predict Hendo will throw "a Hissy fit" cos that's what you are saying.

LI any view on this by any chance.:rolleyes:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Kuipers is reasonably agile and as long as your positioning is good (which the Brentford free kick showed Hendersons can be a bit off) this should not be a big issue.

Talking about free kicks, does anyone remember that free kick FDM saved in the first half of the Forest game at the Withdean the season before last? Bloody fantasic save that was.

D

Deleted member 2719

DAMANCLAY said:
Talking about free kicks, does anyone remember that free kick FDM saved in the first half of the Forest game at the Withdean the season before last? Bloody fantasic save that was.

I would say he has done more amazing saves than any other keeper at the Albion (in my time) on the % of games he has played and i am sure there are a few more up his sleeve.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here