Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
[B Michel pulled off a stunning dive and one-handed save to keep it out. Legend:clap: [/B]

Big muscles can help!

:clap2: :clap2:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
I think the best save he made was that one against Blackpool at Withdean a few years ago. Richard Walker (Blackpool striker) was about 6 yards out, ball at his feet, and he hit a firm volley heading straight for the bottom corner. Michel pulled off a stunning dive and one-handed save to keep it out. Legend:clap:

I wasn't there that day, The thing ill remember him for is him still trying to play one when he got that injury against Forest. Pure steel of a man. Legend

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the away double save at Wolves takes some beating !

Henderson is a good player but in the first few games I have seen basic errors that prob would of got punished last year (as they so often did !). I would love to think Kuipers can come in and keep the shirt , making Hendo up his game ... all for the benfit of BHA.

D

Deleted member 2719

DAMANCLAY said:
I wasn't there that day, The thing ill remember him for is him still trying to play one when he got that injury against Forest. Pure steel of a man. Legend

Iron man he will not be defeated!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Kuipers is reasonably agile and as long as your positioning is good (which the Brentford free kick showed Hendersons can be a bit off) this should not be a big issue.

Thats true - but Kuipers is sometimes caught badly- being lobbed at Spurs from a corner.

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
Wolves away double save anyone? Or what about a Scott Murray chip down at Bristol City? Or how about the entire second half performance at Norwich on boxing day '02? We were absolutely raped solid for 45 minutes, and one man kept us in that time and time again.

Now I don't have a problem with Henderson at all, but can anyone name ONE spectacular save he has made?

erm erm.

No but he can't arf through a ball though.

;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Quite - could exchange mistakes all day - like you said there are reasons they are at this level.

Normally it is for there kicking and coming off line!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
Wolves away double save anyone? Or what about a Scott Murray chip down at Bristol City? Or how about the entire second half performance at Norwich on boxing day '02? We were absolutely raped solid for 45 minutes, and one man kept us in that time and time again.

Now I don't have a problem with Henderson at all, but can anyone name ONE spectacular save he has made?

A number against Preston alone.

Sometimes a keeper has to make a save as other areas of his game are lacking - how many great saves did Roberts have to make? Hardly any because he would have normally punched the ball out at the first chance or cleared the danger.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:

Against Wednesday last season? Stoped a volley from 4 yards out. I think it may have been offside tho.

Come to think of it not sure it was Wednesday but someone who played in black.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That save he made against Palace from Hughes I think wasn't half bad. :)

He has made plenty of good saves. To pretend otherwise is just stupid.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
Palace away saved One from Hughes in the face

Reminds me of the pre-season game at Arundel a couple of years back when the ball was hit along the turf Kuipers knelt down to gather only for it to flick up off a divot a smack him square in the face. Funny as f***, even had the defence pissing themselves.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here but what use is Henderson's better kicking ability when we have no one leading the line who can flick on long balls or really win things in the air full stop? I know Hendo is a good thrower of the ball but is that really enough for him to be picked over FDM?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
But I think it slows him down when he comes off his line and his abilty to handle long range shots.
Whereas Henderson v Brentford really covered himself in glory with the Brentford free kick and the lightning reactions coming off the line for the equaliser.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Whereas Henderson v Brentford really covered himself in glory with the Brentford free kick and the lightning reactions coming off the line for the equaliser.

I see your Brentford and raise you a Watford away when Kuipers stood there when Webber was put through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
I see your Brentford and raise you a Watford away when Kuipers stood there when Webber was put through.
Well I'll go all-in with the fumbles/parrys that led to the McShane/OGH indentikit own goals last year that cost us 5 points in successive home games.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here