Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chance of Snow next week

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Metcheck are wank.

Having said that, it looks good for cold and possible for snow in the South at the moment - current forecast gives it as (very cold) rain though.

prectypeuktopo.png

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Very very impressive ladies n gents 5 pages of clear lucid information with a smattering of humor,with i might add some very high tech and up to date graphics to substantiate the rumours.

Shame most of the footballing stories and rumours are bollox innit

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right US, the Met Office have taken on board your advice, and have amended their warnings to include Brighton and Hove..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html

Risk of disruption Warning Valid
London & South East England:
Bracknell Forest
Brighton + Hove
Buckinghamshire
E Sussex
Gtr London
Hampshire
Isle of Wight
Kent
Medway
Milton Keynes
Oxfordshire
Portsmouth
Reading
Slough
Southampton
Surrey
W Berkshire
W Sussex
Windsor + Maidenhead
Wokingham

Heavy Snow Mon 2 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting many parts of Britain during Monday and Tuesday. Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times on Monday, and perhaps a spell of more persistent snow overnight and into Tuesday could give some significant accumulations in places, with the highest amounts most likely over the higher ground.

Heavy Snow Tue 3 Feb
There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting many parts of Britain during Monday and Tuesday. Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times on Monday, and perhaps a spell of more persistent snow overnight and into Tuesday could give some significant accumulations in places, with the highest amounts most likely over the higher ground.

Issued at: 1031 Fri 30 Jan

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BBC forecast is also upgrading snow chances now.

16bkefm.jpg

2r5xjt0.jpg

fomx3t.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
She's not talking about snow. She's actually talking about how she wants a damn good SEEING-TO.

Jan 30, 2008
All,

Consider this an early warning.

As you may or may not know, Meteorology is one of my hobbies...

And from that, I thought I'd pop in here and give you all a heads-up.

There is a chance (nothing more at present) that ealr next week we will see a change to very cold easterly winds, with heavy snow. It's something I've been watching for a week or so, and the forecast models are finally starting to form a concensus on the likely outcome.

This is currently being modelled to occur from Monday onwards, but may be delayed slightly.............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This animation is not my own work, but shows the latest GFS model prediction... with the cold air and snow coming on from the East.

ak7ep4.gif

The main 3 forecast models are (currently) all showing a very wintry scene for early next week:

UK Met Office
3233965756_8d293e619b.jpg

European Model
3233971396_53f0de6969.jpg

US Model (they also do a Precipitation Type chart - worth a look)
3233972512_c02ec0f30f.jpg

Worth keeping an eye on, as this sort of setup could be around for up to 10 days if it occurs as currently forecast, with sub-zero day time temps and lots of snow.

Of course, it could all 'go tits up' and turn out either cold and dry, and rainy... but you never know.

Papa
...................................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Right US, the Met Office have taken on board your advice, and have amended their warnings to include Brighton and Hove..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html

Risk of disruption Warning Valid
London & South East England:
Bracknell Forest
Brighton + Hove
Buckinghamshire
E Sussex
Gtr London
Hampshire
Isle of Wight
Kent
Medway
Milton Keynes
Oxfordshire
Portsmouth
Reading
Slough
Southampton
Surrey
W Berkshire
W Sussex
Windsor + Maidenhead
Wokingham

Heavy Snow Mon 2 Feb

Heavy Snow Tue 3 Feb

Issued at: 1031 Fri 30 Jan

Wooooo! Bring it on!!!! 9-5 lectures on the tueday though, doubt there'll be many going to those!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
what is there to understand ??................ its going to snow ,so what, who gives a toss ................... please:shrug:

In which case, I think you've wandered into the wrong thread.. this one appear to be for people who do give a toss... :bigwave:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm really looking forward to this :)

Thanks for the charts, figures, etc

I know you can't guarantee anything, but I fear we won't get anything in Brighton :( It always seems to bypass us.

I'm getting extra bread for my seagull friends, as they will find it hard to get food. :cry:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm really looking forward to this :)

Thanks for the charts, figures, etc

I know you can't guarantee anything, but I fear we won't get anything in Brighton :( It always seems to bypass us.

I'm getting extra bread for my seagull friends, as they will find it hard to get food. :cry:

I know what you mean... not like those classic winters on the 80s :glare::cry:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am going to a funeral on Tuesday, would be kind of nice and Dickensian to have snow on the ground at the church.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here