Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chance of Snow next week

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All 60%? Sounds like a guess to me.

The 60% is the probability of disruption... once again, this is not a forecast, but a weather warning.

This is the forecast

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

Headline:
Cloudy with outbreaks of snow developing. Cold easterly winds.

Today:
A very cold and often cloudy day. Outbreaks of snow developing in eastern parts by late morning and in many other areas during the afternoon. Strong easterly winds. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:
Cloudy with further outbreaks of snow, heavy in places with some drifting likely, especially over hills. Very cold east to northeast winds persisting. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Monday:
Very cold and cloudy with further snow at times. Snow becoming more persistent and heavier during the afternoon, although it may turn to rain or sleet in the east later. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Updated: 0209 on Sun 1 Feb 2009

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The Portland ME Met office has at some time recorded snow in every month except June, July and August, hence the joke that there are 4 seasons in Maine, Winter, June, July and August.

By that reckoning, August is technically the fall. (Of course, when I got married here in '88, we had 11 days of >95º F highs in the first 15 days of August. Great tuxedo weather...)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A few flakes and a light dusting. This does not classify as a snowfall as far as I am concerned.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ready to concede US?

No in fact the weather forecase has shown me to be right all along. We have had a couple of snow showers and 1/2 cm of Snow but we WILL MISS the main weather event tonight as the Snow is 50 miles North around the Thames Valley where they may get 6 inches or more. We have had our snow now in Brighton and it will be dry tonight with NO further snow. The snow event tomorrow we will MISS OUT on again as its the east and again the Thames Valley and will not extend east and south to the Brighton area. So I told you Brighton never gets this weather events and yet again I have been proved to be right.

Yoda

English & European
Having just checked the latest radar map on the met office web site, we'll see about tonight. ;) Some HEAVY snow around the Kent/Essex area where our snow from earlier came from.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
No in fact the weather forecase has shown me to be right all along. We have had a couple of snow showers and 1/2 cm of Snow but we WILL MISS the main weather event tonight as the Snow is 50 miles North around the Thames Valley where they may get 6 inches or more. We have had our snow now in Brighton and it will be dry tonight with NO further snow. The snow event tomorrow we will MISS OUT on again as its the east and again the Thames Valley and will not extend east and south to the Brighton area. So I told you Brighton never gets this weather events and yet again I have been proved to be right.

Looking out my window at my covered car, garden etc and still seeing steady, if not heavy, snow still coming down I was wondering if you'd allow us yet to call this a 'weather event'

I agree that I won't be digging myself out my house tommorow morning but when you look at the result, Papa Lazarou called it correctly didn't he?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking out my window at my covered car, garden etc and still seeing steady, if not heavy, snow still coming down I was wondering if you'd allow us yet to call this a 'weather event'

I agree that I won't be digging myself out my house tommorow morning but when you look at the result, Papa Lazarou called it correctly didn't he?

:bowdown: I'm pleasantly happy about my 5 day forecast... let's put it that way :thumbsup:

The main action is tomorrow... this is just the appetiser.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will get no snow tomorrow as its north and east.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
US? More like BS.

Proper stuff here in Lewes. My teenagers having a snowball fight in the garden and its still coming down seriously heavy. Most snow for 13 years here in Lewes.

PG

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just thought I'd bounce this thread... for no real reason :laugh:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Years of meticulous syudying of the weather. I predict it will be largely dry next week and sunny with day time highs of 6C and night time lows of 1C. I think the rain will stop but will revert to a typical early February high pressure but there is nothing to suggest cold or snow.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here