Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chance of Snow next week

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
No in fact the weather forecase has shown me to be right all along. We have had a couple of snow showers and 1/2 cm of Snow but we WILL MISS the main weather event tonight as the Snow is 50 miles North around the Thames Valley where they may get 6 inches or more. We have had our snow now in Brighton and it will be dry tonight with NO further snow. The snow event tomorrow we will MISS OUT on again as its the east and again the Thames Valley and will not extend east and south to the Brighton area. So I told you Brighton never gets this weather events and yet again I have been proved to be right.

US you are brilliant!!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• 39197167_gold.jpg
    39197167_gold.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 118

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
jeez,

If you run this sequence, look whats coming across from France

Met Office: British Isles: Rainfall radar

I 'spose it might be rain but if its snow then this morning is just the appetizer.

Still, I'll wait for US to tell NSC what to expect as his forecast has been right on the money so far

I'm hoping further inland we will see LOTS of snow!:clap2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm hoping further inland we will see LOTS of snow!:clap2:

There is nothing in the forecast for today that suggests anything other than snow... it's later tonight and into tomorrow when it's more marginal.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sky News weather presenter Lucy Verasamy said: "It is a pretty widespread snow event, affecting the bulk of central and eastern Britain, specifically the eastern side of England.

"It has been pretty well forecast. We have been mentioning it for a few days.

"But there was more continuous snowfall overnight than expected.

"We are expecting heavier, continuous snowfall through the later stages of today.

"Things will get worse before they get better."

Genius!!

translates as "pack up" ie items of food rammed into a plastic container (used to be a tin in the old days). I remember having difficulties understanding the locals in Mansfield when BT decided to re-paint and re-wallpaper the directory enquiry call centre in Grimsby at the weekends back in 1998. We had to travel 90 minutes each way in a minibus over 8 weekends to do our 4-midnight shifts at Pelham Street.

It must be a Lincolnshire term as my ex from Scunthorpe called it that too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's looking like we're in the middle of another period of snow...

The cloud is spreading out across Sussex from the East.. in fact the precipitation is actually forming over East Sussex. as shown here.

3246311713_5d718356c3_o.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

on that map, in France is Etaples. If you get a chance to go over on the tunnel, take a detour.

Etaples was a where a British Military Hospital was in the First WW and there is a huge cemetary full of our boys. Some of the graves are 15 and 16 year olds...its very sad but well worth the detour

Yoda

English & European
Papa, what do you make of the current models for Friday/Saturday? Looks like another cold blast coming down from the Arctic this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here