Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoffs

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Brentford for me for a cpl of reasons:
1) use to be my Grandads team
2) like seeing new teams get into the team. I find the constant West Brom, Norwich Yo Yo teams boring.

I am sure a few years ago Sat was the league 2 Play off final , the Sunday was League 1 final and the Bank holiday Monday was the Championship final.

I love the play off finals.

It used to be, but from what I remember they changed it as by the time you got to the Championship play off the pitch had been battered by the two previous games. They swapped it round so the pitch was best for the Championship and got progressively worse as you went down the leagues.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Brentford for me for a cpl of reasons:
1) use to be my Grandads team
2) like seeing new teams get into the team. I find the constant West Brom, Norwich Yo Yo teams boring.

I am sure a few years ago Sat was the league 2 Play off final , the Sunday was League 1 final and the Bank holiday Monday was the Championship final.

I love the play off finals.

It used to be, but from what I remember they changed it as by the time you got to the Championship play off the pitch had been battered by the two previous games. They swapped it round so the pitch was best for the Championship and got progressively worse as you went down the leagues.

The Championship play off final is always played first in a season where there is an international tournament in the summer. A couple of times it has been played a week before the other two finals, normally when they are all played over the bank holiday weekend then the League 2 and Championship games swap. It's been that way for quite a while now (Palace played against West Ham in 2004 the day before we played Bristol City).

In the seasons where there isn't an international tournament then the Championship game is always last of the three finals to take place.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

That must be why we lost to Notts County :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That must be why we lost to Notts County :)

We lost to Notts County because Barry Lloyd completely changed the tam just prior to the game, pressing our new signing from Steaua Bucharest, Stefan Iovan, into the team, out of position, at ecntre back, and leaving our talismanic leading scorer Garry Nelson on the bench.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We lost to Notts County because Barry Lloyd completely changed the tam just prior to the game, pressing our new signing from Steaua Bucharest, Stefan Iovan, into the team, out of position, at ecntre back, and leaving our talismanic leading scorer Garry Nelson on the bench.

Nelson was well out of favour by the play off final. I think he may have actually been on loan at Notts County earlier in that season and didn’t make our squad for the final. Mike Small was top scorer and started, John Byrne was on the bench.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's a shame that Swansea aren't playing in their classic white shirts on their big day at Wembley in the sunshine.

I can't believe that it would clash with Brentford's red and white shirts. The Swansea away kit looks very average and will never be remembered.

Brentford 2-0 up after 19 mins.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2-0 now.

Swansea just not good enough. But Brentford have deserved it so far.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Cracking effort from Toney, just millimetres from the rebound bouncing over the line. That would have been curtains for Swansea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking as predicted. Good team vs bad team.

Feel a bit sorry for Swansea. Its the end of the road for them... they wont be playing in PL for many, many years.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm surprised, mostly because they've been absolute rubbish, but I think I'm team Swansea. There's something quite annoying about Brentford. Toney has a touch of the Zaha about him, the players are milking every tackle writhing around on the floor in 'agony' and they seem to enjoy screaming at the ref/linos/swansea players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two poor sides here (on the day) I think the occasion has got to them. If Swansea can come out with a 'we might as we'll go for it' attitude the game might improve as a spectacle. Whoever goes up here are going straight down imho

Depends how much the very wealthy boss of Brentford throws at it. Swansea, if they turn it around will be fecked though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here