Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoffs

theboybilly

Whenever I see seats like that I imagine it's done purposely so that the ground looks more full. Than it is if it's half empty... I may be wrong though

Oddly enough that is exactly why there are different coloured seats. My Dad went on a tour of the New Orleans Superdome once and was told this was why they'd installed such seating. That was way back in the 1980s

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
With the best will in the world it's tough to describe losing £30m a season as a sensible way to conduct business.

It's the right decision now, but all the time the clubs stay in the EPL is precarious, that money is on a knife edge.

palace chose to give all their stadium money to Mr Tumble.
He in turn has repayed them by generating £xxxm's, which he has then repeatedly put his hand out for a bigger slice of the action.
Despite all our crying and bitching - it's worked.

One Sami season and Mr Bloom is staring down the barrel of his £250m white elephant, much like Reading are now.

For all Bournemouth's woes (oh dear never mind) at least the upkeep of a state of the art facility isn't one of them.

Albion's matchday income for 2018-19 was £18.5m compared to Palace's £14.6m, 9th best in the Premier League. Better than Villa, Everton and Wolves too. Having a decent ground brings in money as well as costing money for upkeep.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albion's matchday income for 2018-19 was £18.5m compared to Palace's £14.6m, 9th best in the Premier League. Better than Villa, Everton and Wolves too. Having a decent ground brings in money as well as costing money for upkeep.

Right so first and foremost sadly I feel the need to start by saying I completely agree with Nick, that infrastructure is the way to go, in the bizarre parallel universe that has me in TB's place I'd have done exactly the same (although we'd be sponsored by Haribo)
So I'm not anti club, I'm not anti Bloom, I'm not asking for a Saudi buyout and I'm not ungrateful.
All I did with Nick and now you is offer up the alternative perspective.
Really shouldn't be needed to be said.

Hopefully that will clear me past the :bounce: police although I fear I'm still running the gauntlet of the edited bounce.

Sorry about that.

The reply that both palace and Bournemouth can make to that is palace finished £10m above the Albion while Bournemouth cleared £6m more, that season.

palace have stayed in the division pretty much exclusively down to the efforts of one man.
Most of the time that has come about despite the best efforts of everyone else.

Bournemouth were (Newcastle now are) heavily reliant on Wilson.

The Albion were/are living in 'hyper inflated markets' 'transfer bubbles' 'unrealistic wages demands' (I can't think of all the other excuses Mr Barber has offered up for not going all in on a striker) while funding the infrastructure.

My initial point was - yay it's worked, but all the time the players and whomever is manager has had us squeaky bum looking down and not up, the infrastructure money isn't paying back.
Premier League Ready infrastructure didn't help Reading, Sunderland Middlesbrough.

So yes it's great to have, but it isn't amazing that those 2 clubs would rather live in a hovel, as their alternative is working better, for palace at least.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bournemouth vs Swansea would have been wide open but I think Brentford are going to win the final quite comfortably. Unfortunately as I think they have a decent chance of staying up + I cant stand their manager.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not Championship, but playoffs nonetheless.. Morecambe vs Tranmere very entertaining game. Morecambe won the first game 2-1, in todays game its currently 1-1 with Tranmere dominating.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Oddly enough that is exactly why there are different coloured seats. My Dad went on a tour of the New Orleans Superdome once and was told this was why they'd installed such seating. That was way back in the 1980s

Yep same reason at Brentford
It’s odd that considering how many new grounds have been built since the 80s that it’s not the norm by now

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There was a high challenge a bit earlier in the game that reminded me of the Bissouma sending off against Newcastle. League 2 is still thankfully a contact competition so it didn’t even warrant a yellow card.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good luck Wolves and Man U. Mr Shyster esq. will not be happy that his beloved Tranmere were knocked out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bournemouth vs Swansea would have been wide open but I think Brentford are going to win the final quite comfortably. Unfortunately as I think they have a decent chance of staying up + I cant stand their manager.

I can't stand their manager either. Another one of those self-important ones.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Let the hyperboles commence.

When will the first '£1 billion game' take place?

160.JPG

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
From what i've seen Brentford seem the stronger team, better equipped for the Prem, so for that reason I will be supporting Swansea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Brentford for me for a cpl of reasons:
1) use to be my Grandads team
2) like seeing new teams get into the team. I find the constant West Brom, Norwich Yo Yo teams boring.

I am sure a few years ago Sat was the league 2 Play off final , the Sunday was League 1 final and the Bank holiday Monday was the Championship final.

I love the play off finals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a lot more interesting than the CL final in my opinion.

Only about 100% more interesting though.

I genuinely don’t care who wins, which is nice

If Brentford come up we can put to bed speculation about Toney, which is also good as I am not convinced on what I’ve see of him. Can see him struggling at PL level, I said the same about Bamford...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here