Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I doubt he would have come here without, Every player has a relegation wage drop clause in their contracts so why should he not negotiate a release clause?

We don't know he has such a clause... and, if he has, we don't know what figure was used as the amount he can move for... this is all conjecture... if our club allowed a clause that means that we will not get too much for him, then they are mugs...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
Could I have that in English? Get out of head?

Sorry... get out on my head!!...

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
We don't know he has such a clause... and, if he has, we don't know what figure was used as the amount he can move for... this is all conjecture... if our club allowed a clause that means that we will not get too much for him, then they are mugs...
I agree that if the clause does not get us a lot then the club were stupid to allow it, but I can't see it happening to be honest. It must be £200k plus

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BHA Jordan said:
I agree that if the clause does not get us a lot then the club were stupid to allow it, but I can't see it happening to be honest. It must be £200k plus
I doubt it would be that much.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:

Then you could say Carole is a mug for signing if he didn't have one, hes going to lose a percentage of his wages why should he not have the option to go elsewhere? I must say I would do the same thing as would most peoplem, we dont have any bargaining power so we dont have a lot of choice! And how do we know the release is not a minimum of 500k on relegation? Anything more than 200k is a complete result.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£250k mentioned in northern rag, and no mention of get-out clause...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Then you could say Carole is a mug for signing if he didn't have one, hes going to lose a percentage of his wages why should he not have the option to go elsewhere? I must say I would do the same thing as would most peoplem, we dont have any bargaining power so we dont have a lot of choice! And how do we know the release is not a minimum of 500k on relegation? Anything more than 200k is a complete result.

It will be interesting to see:
1. Whether Leeds are interested...
2. Whehter they make a reasonable bid (£250k?)...
3. Whether any of the transfer fee goes to MM for striker purchase (not holding my breath)...

I guess something to do with the alleged clause should be in there too...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
But Carole isnt a Championship player

What?... he was last season!...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
It will be interesting to see:
1. Whether Leeds are interested...
2. Whehter they make a reasonable bid (£250k?)...
3. Whether any of the transfer fee goes to MM for striker purchase (not holding my breath)...

I guess something to do with the alleged clause should be in there too...

Well 3 wont happen and I doubt 2 will. I think Leeds may well be intrested after the way he tore them to shreads last season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why are we expecting a fee?

We got him for nowt and I recon we will get nowt for him.

If we are looking to bounce straight back i would hazzard a guess that most people would see this as a negative step and would send out the wrong message

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Well 3 wont happen and I doubt 2 will. I think Leeds may well be intrested after the way he tore them to shreads last season.

Ever the optimist!... :)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont disagree with you but anysort of outlay last season was too much of a gamble as we were already fairly f***ed by christmas and we couldn't justify spending 300-400k on player that may not have saved us.

I think we will do fairly well this year I also think we will make an investment in a striker!

I dont think we were f***ed by xmas .. if we nicked afew points in the games wherew we should have we would have been safe

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dies Irae said:
why are we expecting a fee?

We got him for nowt and I recon we will get nowt for him.

If we are looking to bounce straight back i would hazzard a guess that most people would see this as a negative step and would send out the wrong message

But he is under contract, he has another year to run, so we own his registration.

If he does have a clause allowing him to leave post relegation, that will still have a fee against it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think carole will flourish with a decent manager and will do ok. That manager isnt MM.

But on the other hand I dont personally see him as a great loss if he did go. In fact I had almost forgot about him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here