Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

How is a football club deemed a success?
By it's product on the pitch.
Seb Carole did not help to keep us up and what is worse we now won't get a penny for him.
He gave me some good moments though. My favourite last season was his goal away at Leeds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do and will accept that DK has done a tremendous amount for this club that should never be forgotten but he has made mistakes and is not prepared to allow anybody to gain more control even if they wanted to inject more capital and for this I am continually hounded.

This is mainly because in 1998 I said that DK didnt have the money to take this club into a new ground, that was before Falmer was picked and the problems with planning permission started.

Due to LDC etc we are now in as bad if not worse financial state than we were when we were thrown out of The Goldstone except then BA and GS had a ground that they could sell to offset the debts now we have nothing except a hope and promise that eventually permission will be given and when that happens a new company will get loads of grants and be able to repay most of the money we have spent on the planning trail so far.

Dick Knight made some mistakes last season with transfers, but he also went hell for leather for a young lad named Bobby Zamora a few years ago. I think sometimes Dick likes to do everything at the club, this is sometimes his downfall.
We will find out one way or another if we have enough cash to build a new ground when Lewes are hopefully defeated.

How is a football club deemed a success?
By it's product on the pitch.
Seb Carole did not help to keep us up and what is worse we now won't get a penny for him.
He gave me some good moments though. My favourite last season was his goal away at Leeds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt argue with your assessment of the transfer situation and just hope that we can keep our heads above water long enough for the dream of a new ground to become a reality.

It seems inconceivable that LDC can drag it out much longer.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:

Due to LDC etc we are now in as bad if not worse financial state than we were when we were thrown out of The Goldstone except then BA and GS had a ground that they could sell to offset the debts now we have nothing except a hope and promise that eventually permission will be given and when that happens a new company will get loads of grants and be able to repay most of the money we have spent on the planning trail so far.

You really are full of it sometimes. BA and GS sold the ground for their own profit, they had no interest what so ever in the well being of the club, for you to imply that we are in a worse state than when BA sold the ground and then sent us to Gillingham is quite frankly utter rubbish. What is it with you, BA and GS, are you related or is this another of your delusions. Quite frankly I think we should be told.

You are however correct in that DK doesn't have the money to get us a new ground , but then I can't think of many individuals who do have the odd £25m. The art is getting others to invest and that is what DK is trying to do, however until LDC are gone it's on hold. Pretty obvious really

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Deportivo Seagull said:
You really are full of it sometimes. BA and GS sold the ground for their own profit, they had no interest what so ever in the well being of the club, for you to imply that we are in a worse state than when BA sold the ground and then sent us to Gillingham is quite frankly utter rubbish. What is it with you, BA and GS, are you related or is this another of your delusions. Quite frankly I think we should be told.

You are however correct in that DK doesn't have the money to get us a new ground , but then I can't think of many individuals who do have the odd £25m. The art is getting others to invest and that is what DK is trying to do, however until LDC are gone it's on hold. Pretty obvious really

I will accept that BA and GS sold the ground for a profit after they had paid off the clubs debts i.e they sold the ground for more money than we owed.

Where I have said we are worse off now is that they were able to do this by selling the grounds rightly or wrongly as we all think but we now owe the same amount of money if not slightly more but we have no asset to sell to pay off this debt.

I am neither a relative of or friend of either of the two who sold us down the line but my implication is that whilst we may be better off as a club playing in Brighton and still surviving we are worse off financially. Hopefully that will all change with the final granting of Falmer.

I would point out that it is not the fault of DK or anybody else other than BA & GS, that we do not have any assetts just a statement of fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here