Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
You and me both mate. You know I even felt better when we were at Gillingham!

I think there was always some light at the end of the tunnel during the Gillingham years - something to look forward to, a new beginning. We seem to have come so far, but are in free fall again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How anybody can state that they were happier in the Gillingham years is ridiculous. Carole probably will be a loss but Gary Hart and Paul Reid are definitely good enough to cover the position even if we do not sign anyone. All the doom and gloom is ridiculous when we are not even in July yet. Lets just wait and see who we sign and who leaves before becoming suicidal.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
garry nelsons left foot said:
:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Talk about the northern monkeys rubbing it in!

Yes, that's right, signing a player who wasn't good enough for Cambridge has really softened the blow of losing a player who many have described as one of the most gifted/exciting players they've seen in an Albion shirt for free. Northern C.unts.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hardly anything to do with Northern C.unts rubbing it in, I pulled that from your very own Argus.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
For f*** sake, just got back from work and read this and its a joke. What was going through DK's mind when he gave him a release clause. I dont care if it meant lower wages, im am certain we could have got more for him than the difference in wages and signing on fee. Did he expect us to stay up? I mean quality players being sold when we had a pretty poor team all round before and just scraped staying up. He was definitely one of our best players and the only exciting talent we had. Now he's gone. Its a disgwace.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
How can it be good business to pay for someone, pay his wages for a year, and then lose him for nothing?

Surely a 1 year deal would'e been better, then if someone offered and he decided to go we'd have been entitled to a fee.

How would we have been entitled to a fee in that scenario?

He would have been out of contract after one season, therefore no fee!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I agree with the release clause as long as a minimum fee was set, say £100K. To let him just walk out on a free is poor.

However I think Carole leaving could be good for us as CKR could drop back from a forward position to a right wing, where I reckon he could be very effective.

Starry said:
Is he not under 24?

Yes, 23 - but you would assume the contract we signed overrides the usual rights with regard to that.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
London Irish said:
Yes, 23 - but you would assume the contract we signed overrides the usual rights with regard to that.

Oh for sure, I was responding to BHA Links question about how would you have gotten a fee in that circumstance if he had been out of contract anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would have been nice if they had negotiated even a small fee such as £20k. That would have been very useful to us and hardly going to put off many clubs!

Oh well...onwards and upwards.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Starry said:
Oh for sure, I was responding to BHA Links question about how would you have gotten a fee in that circumstance if he had been out of contract anyway.
Exactly.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
O Lads said:
For f*** sake, just got back from work and read this and its a joke. What was going through DK's mind when he gave him a release clause. I dont care if it meant lower wages, im am certain we could have got more for him than the difference in wages and signing on fee. Did he expect us to stay up? I mean quality players being sold when we had a pretty poor team all round before and just scraped staying up. He was definitely one of our best players and the only exciting talent we had. Now he's gone. Its a disgwace.

Same old Brighton,
Always moaning......

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
portlock seagull said:
Same old Brighton,
Always moaning......
Could you think of a reason I wouldnt be moaning. I'm also surprised Carole is getting hardly any abuse. Can you remember the abuse Harding got, and the thing with Harding is that he knew we would get compensation when he left. However with Carole we get nothing. Surely he is worse than Harding?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
O Lads said:
Could you think of a reason I wouldnt be moaning. I'm also surprised Carole is getting hardly any abuse. Can you remember the abuse Harding got, and the thing with Harding is that he knew we would get compensation when he left. However with Carole we get nothing. Surely he is worse than Harding?

I think it was known to most people that if we got relegated carole would leave. I had hearn loads of rumors that he would be leaving for the premiership in the summer anyway and so am not suprised he is going to leeds.

I am suprised about the fact it seems we are not entitled to a fee but I guess from Dick Knights point of view the club cant loose and have got a very talented player effectively on loan for a year and just paid his wages.

As for comparing him to harding I cant understand that, Harding constantly stalled over a new contract and screwed the club over big time although we got a rather decent compensation package. With seb it seems everyone knows and has known for a while where they stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here