Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
I think it was known to most people that if we got relegated carole would leave. I had hearn loads of rumors that he would be leaving for the premiership in the summer anyway and so am not suprised he is going to leeds.

Thats just funny - Im not sure that he is Championship class.

sir danny cullip said:
I think it was known to most people that if we got relegated carole would leave. I had hearn loads of rumors that he would be leaving for the premiership in the summer anyway and so am not suprised he is going to leeds.

I am suprised about the fact it seems we are not entitled to a fee but I guess from Dick Knights point of view the club cant loose and have got a very talented player effectively on loan for a year and just paid his wages.

As for comparing him to harding I cant understand that, Harding constantly stalled over a new contract and screwed the club over big time although we got a rather decent compensation package. With seb it seems everyone knows and has known for a while where they stand.

If that were only true. We didn'y just have him on loan and pay his wages. We paid an agent a six figure sum for both Carole and Frutos. In the Football League's published agents fees we paid 250,000 pounds to agents when we bought Carole and Frutos.
So I estimate we paid probably about 125,00 for Carole to release him from his contract with his agent. If he had helped us stay up it would have been good business. But he didn't so basically Dick Knight has wasted about 200,000 pounds last season on players. Remember we bought Tureinzo off an agent too. Knight needs to concentrate on Falmer and let the coaching staff look for players.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thats just funny - Im not sure that he is Championship class.

He's easily championship class, in a more attacking team he will do really well imo. The reason I expected he would leave is because he hardly seems the type to be up for a midweek game in the pissing down rain against carlisle.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Southover Street Seagull said:
If that were only true. We didn'y just have him on loan and pay his wages. We paid an agent a six figure sum for both Carole and Frutos. In the Football League's published agents fees we paid 250,000 pounds to agents when we bought Carole and Frutos.
So I estimate we paid probably about 125,00 for Carole to release him from his contract with his agent. If he had helped us stay up it would have been good business. But he didn't so basically Dick Knight has wasted about 200,000 pounds last season on players. Remember we bought Tureinzo off an agent too. Knight needs to concentrate on Falmer and let the coaching staff look for players.

Did fruity and carole come from the same agent in a joint deal?

sir danny cullip said:
Did fruity and carole come from the same agent in a joint deal?

Yes from memory I beleive they did. They signed at the same time and later on Dick Knight mentioned he had paid an agent a fee to buy their contracts. We paid 250,000 in agents fees for last season. I can't find it on the Football League site as the figures have not yet been published for when Carole and Frutos were bought. But I'm sure we paid and agent for them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to DK the payment to his agent was good busines for us because we would have had to pay about £350k for him otherwise, apparently West Ham had offered his club EU600k (approx £425k) all we paid was the agent and his wages.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
BensGrandad said:
According to DK the payment to his agent was good busines for us because we would have had to pay about £350k for him otherwise, apparently West Ham had offered his club EU600k (approx £425k) all we paid was the agent and his wages.

can't see why WHU's offer wasn't accepted.

Good business? what did we get out of it? - paid agent's fee, paid wages, relegated and no transfer fee. Doubt if SC put many bums on seats.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
timbha said:
can't see why WHU's offer wasn't accepted.

Good business? what did we get out of it? - paid agent's fee, paid wages, relegated and no transfer fee. Doubt if SC put many bums on seats.

I wouldnt argue with you, I was just posting DK comments, rightly or wrongly, and as far as putting bums on seats Ronaldhino or Rooney couldnt put many on at Withdean because there is not the facility or availablity. I wouldnt think that that aspect goes into transfer thoughts or negotiations..

timbha said:

Apart from the agent's fee, you could say exactly the same about Paul McShane.

Was that not good business?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

:clap: I think that just about sums it up in a nutshell

London Irish said:

McShane was different. We owned Carole, we never owned McShane. That is why there is a bad taste left in the mouth with the Carole transfer to Leeds. There was at least 325,000 pounds wasted on players last season(Carole and Turienzo). It sould have been better spent elsewhere, a replacement for Harding perhaps?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
McShane was different. We owned Carole, we never owned McShane. That is why there is a bad taste left in the mouth with the Carole transfer to Leeds. There was at least 325,000 pounds wasted on players last season(Carole and Turienzo). It sould have been better spent elsewhere, a replacement for Harding perhaps?

That would appear that you are being critical of our transfer dealings and you must know that to question DK it not acceptable in a lot of peoples eyes neither is it in some peoples eyes possible to be critical of MM. Somewhere along the road somebody f....d up with some of the transfer deals.

Yes I am being critical of our transfer dealings last season, especially with the lack of money our football club has. Dick Knight should stick to sorting out Falmer and leave the buying of players to the coaching staff.
If for arguments sake Carole had a clause in his contract to be allowed to speak to a Premiership club. He had also helped keep us up but still had gone for free, that would have been good business. Whatever way you look at it we have been shafted. No matter how good Dick Knight's PR skills are he can't really paint it any other way.

Been watching The Albion full time now since I was seventeen, eighteen years ago. Am old enough and ugly enough to have seen good and the bad at The Albion.
I don't wear rose tinted spectacles and neither do I overally criticise. I follow the middle ground. So sometimes I will critcise the club when I feel it's appropriate and other times the club gets praise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Been watching The Albion full time now since I was seventeen, eighteen years ago. Am old enough and ugly enough to have seen good and the bad at The Albion.
I don't wear rose tinted spectacles and neither do I overally criticise. I follow the middle ground. So sometimes I will critcise the club when I feel it's appropriate and other times the club gets praise.

Seems a fair comment but you must have realised that on here to be rational is not permitted you are either a pro DK and MM or you are a total twat for saying anything against them.

You have a good point yourself there. But like a lot of things in life my opinion about the things "Albion" change. I try to have a balance view on it all. If that makes me a twat then I am bald juicy one!!!!
I suspect from your comments you hold the middle ground too?

It really beggars belief that you are describing Seb as a waste. He was among our best players until the rigours of a long season caught up with him - he probably played more games for us in that six-month period than he had for his entire time and years with his 3 previous clubs Monaco, West Ham and Chateauroux.

Some waste!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here